Well.. I'm out

DominionRoofs

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
I was excited about the upcoming 6t. I was bummed that the headphone jack was gone but was ok because of the screen fingerprint reader. I however was counting in at least one of the following features being introduced. I can't justify the purchase with the only new feature being an on screen, possibly less than secure fingerprint reader while losing the headphone jack

https://www.phonearena.com/news/OnePlus-6T-no-wireless-charging-IP-rating_id109494

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the 6T and smartphones in general at the moment are shaping up to be pretty meh of late.

Although I don't care about wireless charging (it sucks) and personally think an IP rating on a phone is little more than meaningless marketing nonsense that people put WAY too much stock in...

Hopper40

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
No point in going from the 6 - T. The 6 might retain a little more resale value with it being the last with a headphone jack.

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Supposedly it could have passed the IP67 rating but they didn't want to pay for the rating and pass on the cost. Not sure if that's true. As for the FP scanner, if it's just an unlock and cannot be used for secure apps (LastPass, banking, payments) then I agree that this iteration is not worth purchasing, sadly.

demusss

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
the 6t may have wireless charging.
On mobilefun.co.uk if you look for OnePlus 6t they have wireless charges as being compatible.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Either way, I am really looking forward to the OnePlus 6T's launch! Super exciting! Can't believe how many phones are coming out in October!

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
The 6T is still on the table for me, though it's looking like the S10 is in my future. I'm kinda nonplussed with the V40 and no headphone jack really irks me with the 6T. I'll keep reading/watching reviews and hands on videos. Who knows, something might convince me to pull the trigger. So far, the S8 will remain in my pocket.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I've heard quotes from the OnePlus CEO that it will not be included.

Yep, he said they're not including it because because it isn't good enough compared to dash charging. I agree.

Although it'll be interesting to see how good the in display fingerprint sensor is, because that definitely seems like an interior feature that's being included so they can talk about it. We'll see.

demusss

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yep, he said they're not including it because because it isn't good enough compared to dash charging. I agree.

Will wireless charging ever be equal to wired fast charging - I don't think so.

I've had wireless charging for the past 5 years and hardly ever plug my mobile in. It's very useful just sliding the mobile into a car cradle and it keeping it powered up with Waze on and playing podcasts.

It's just one of things that if you don't have you don't know what youre missing out on.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Will wireless charging ever be equal to wired fast charging - I don't think so.

I've had wireless charging for the past 5 years and hardly ever plug my mobile in. It's very useful just sliding the mobile into a car cradle and it keeping it powered up with Waze on and playing podcasts.

It's just one of things that if you don't have you don't know what youre missing out on.

Actually, I used wireless charging almost exclusively between 2012 and 2015. It's not that I don't miss it because I've never had it, it's more that I don't miss it because it's crap.

Back then even wired charging was slow, and micro-USB cables were fiddly and fragile, but now I get about 50% into my battery in about 15 minutes with a USB-C cable that takes how long to plug in? 3 seconds if you're slow? I wish wireless charging was better because I think it's cool, but practically it just isn't there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy