11-11-2018 11:13 PM
45 12
tools
    I just switched from the LG G6 to the OnePlus 6T. It's awesome! If you're on T-Moble, the $300 trade-in deal ends tomorrow.
    That's a pretty good trade-in! What is your favourite feature of the phone thus far?
    11-08-2018 02:11 PM
    That's a pretty good trade-in! What is your favourite feature of the phone thus far?
    Honestly, the battery. I'd probably have stuck with the G6 if the battery had been better. I loved everything else about that phone.

Aside from that, the in-display FPS is cool, though it's a bit slow and glitchy.

I also love all the customization OxygenOS allows.

It's super fast too, which is great.
    ajb1965 and Morty2264 like this.
    11-08-2018 02:19 PM
    So I am about a week in at this point. I have owned it for a week, but I have only been fully transferred over to the OnePlus 6T from my Note9 for a few days.

The camera is a bit of a bummer and I hope it can be improved with software updates.

It certainly is not bad, but after going from the LG V20 to the S9+ to the Note9, there is a noticeable drop in quality. And it is certainly passable, but my 1 year old nephew was over earlier and I was taking pictures of him playing and running around. They came out ok, but in my mind I was thinking, "these would look better on my Note"

I still wish it was a bigger physical device.

I used headphones with a Moto Z2 Force dongle and they worked fine in the OnePlus 6T. And I found the audio quality to be surprisingly good.

The phone is fast and fluid and I am liking it more each day.
    mumfoau, SultanJazz and Morty2264 like this.
    11-09-2018 12:14 AM
    So I am about a week in at this point. I have owned it for a week, but I have only been fully transferred over to the OnePlus 6T from my Note9 for a few days.

The camera is a bit of a bummer and I hope it can be improved with software updates.

It certainly is not bad, but after going from the LG V20 to the S9+ to the Note9, there is a noticeable drop in quality. And it is certainly passable, but my 1 year old nephew was over earlier and I was taking pictures of him playing and running around. They came out ok, but in my mind I was thinking, "these would look better on my Note"

I still wish it was a bigger physical device.

I used headphones with a Moto Z2 Force dongle and they worked fine in the OnePlus 6T. And I found the audio quality to be surprisingly good.

The phone is fast and fluid and I am liking it more each day.
    I'm glad the phone is working well and is fast for you! Hope you continue to enjoy it! I am sure that the camera will be improved with ensuing updates.
    11-09-2018 08:25 AM
    I got mine a couple days ago in the mail and I am simply loving it. The display is better than I thought it would be. I had a pixel camera apk on my V20 which was excellent so I installed one on my 6T. Haven't had a chance to test it yet but I'm optimistic. Absolutely no complaints. Whatever it doesn't have I don't need.
    11-09-2018 09:04 AM
    So this is dumb, but I realized 2 things that hampered my initial impressions.

One, the Auto brightness kind of sucks, like it does on every non-Samsung. Now it if it turn that off and crank up the brightness, it is pretty impressive, still not a Note9, but certainly looks good.

I also didn't realize there was a separate Night mode for pics and/or an auto turn on feature

So i am interested in taking some night shots now to see how they look
    11-09-2018 12:15 PM
    So this is dumb, but I realized 2 things that hampered my initial impressions.

One, the Auto brightness kind of sucks, like it does on every non-Samsung. Now it if it turn that off and crank up the brightness, it is pretty impressive, still not a Note9, but certainly looks good.

I also didn't realize there was a separate Night mode for pics and/or an auto turn on feature

So i am interested in taking some night shots now to see how they look
    I've read you can train auto brightness. Leave it on and adjust to your liking. In time, it should learn where you like it. So I've read. I dislike auto brightness.
    11-09-2018 12:30 PM
    Honestly, the battery. I'd probably have stuck with the G6 if the battery had been better. I loved everything else about that phone.

Aside from that, the in-display FPS is cool, though it's a bit slow and glitchy.

I also love all the customization OxygenOS allows.

It's super fast too, which is great.
    Battery, great OS, and fast... Those are all great features! Glad you are loving it!

I really love the G6 and would even buy one today... It's just sad that the battery life isn't as good as it could've been.
    11-09-2018 02:12 PM
    Battery, great OS, and fast... Those are all great features! Glad you are loving it!

I really love the G6 and would even buy one today... It's just sad that the battery life isn't as good as it could've been.
    My LG V20 was one of my favorite phones of all time, but the battery life was abysmal. I practically had to carry a spare battery just to get through a full day.
    Morty2264 and frope01 like this.
    11-09-2018 02:57 PM
    I’ve decided to apply the RMA (already factory reset) and go back to my XS Max. If they get the Wi-Fi calling (Verizon) resolved at some point then I’ll buy another 6T. If not, lesson learned.
    11-09-2018 05:44 PM
    Thirteen hours later, I just finished setting it up again. This damn thing is too good to send it back for something I need for one weekend/week per year.
    11-10-2018 08:44 AM
    My LG V20 was one of my favorite phones of all time, but the battery life was abysmal. I practically had to carry a spare battery just to get through a full day.
    That's too bad! It's unfortunate because LG makes awesome phones. I'm still trying to figure out whether or not to get an LG G/V-series phone or another Pixel phone for my next upgrade.
    11-10-2018 10:17 AM
    There are new LG V20 battery's on Amazon for $15. Actual LG battery's, too.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-10-2018 10:22 AM
    I just returned my V40. It was ok. But the buttons on mine were mushy as can be. Drove me nuts. Haven't had a phone like that in a long time. Software was nice though. No complaints there.
    11-10-2018 04:33 PM
    I just returned my V40. It was ok. But the buttons on mine were mushy as can be. Drove me nuts. Haven't had a phone like that in a long time. Software was nice though. No complaints there.
    I'm still thinking about picking up a V40. Hoping there's a good Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal. Glad to hear it performs well.
    11-10-2018 04:41 PM
    Thirteen hours later, I just finished setting it up again. This damn thing is too good to send it back for something I need for one weekend/week per year.
    Yeah, I wasn't crazy about this phone at first, but the more I use it the more I like it
    mumfoau and Morty2264 like this.
    11-10-2018 08:40 PM
    Yeah, I wasn't crazy about this phone at first, but the more I use it the more I like it
    It's good that it's working that way and not the other way around! What are you liking about it so far?
    11-11-2018 09:58 AM
    It's good that it's working that way and not the other way around! What are you liking about it so far?
    Well as I noted previously, without the auto brightness on, the screen gets plenty bright. So the screen looks pretty good.

And the phone is lightning quick. And I never thought my Note9 was slow, but this is just another level of quick.

And I just like the various tweaks made by OnePlus to Android
    Morty2264 and mumfoau like this.
    11-11-2018 10:00 AM
    I still love my V20 and kept it to play music, (Large SD card). I have a little bag of batteries for that phone since it was indeed horrible on battery consumption. 6 regular, a 6000 and a 10000. With my 6t I don't even take a charger to work. Don't need to.
    11-11-2018 04:58 PM
    I still love my V20 and kept it to play music, (Large SD card). I have a little bag of batteries for that phone since it was indeed horrible on battery consumption. 6 regular, a 6000 and a 10000. With my 6t I don't even take a charger to work. Don't need to.
    Yeah, I had the Hyperion and PowerBear extended batteries,but I am pretty sure the 6T still has better batter life.

I still have my V20, I use it mostly for the video camera
    11-11-2018 11:13 PM
45 12