I am pretty sure I am getting the OnePlus 6T

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I thought the 6T would be much better than what they delivered. Poor in screen finger print sensor, no wireless charging, no stereo speakers, no Always On Display and no notification led. Way too many important features missing

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I thought the 6T would be much better than what they delivered. Poor in screen finger print sensor, no wireless charging, no stereo speakers, no Always On Display and no notification led. Way too many important features missing

The T upgrades are always small changes. Never anything major announced. The bigger changes, whatever they may be, will be with the 7 next year.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Dropping the headphone jack and replacing the rear fingerprint scanner w/ a sub-screen scanner seems like a pretty substantial change to me.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I just switched from the LG G6 to the OnePlus 6T. It's awesome! If you're on T-Moble, the $300 trade-in deal ends tomorrow.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
That's a pretty good trade-in! What is your favourite feature of the phone thus far?

Honestly, the battery. I'd probably have stuck with the G6 if the battery had been better. I loved everything else about that phone.

Aside from that, the in-display FPS is cool, though it's a bit slow and glitchy.

I also love all the customization OxygenOS allows.

It's super fast too, which is great.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So I am about a week in at this point. I have owned it for a week, but I have only been fully transferred over to the OnePlus 6T from my Note9 for a few days.

The camera is a bit of a bummer and I hope it can be improved with software updates.

It certainly is not bad, but after going from the LG V20 to the S9+ to the Note9, there is a noticeable drop in quality. And it is certainly passable, but my 1 year old nephew was over earlier and I was taking pictures of him playing and running around. They came out ok, but in my mind I was thinking, "these would look better on my Note"

I still wish it was a bigger physical device.

I used headphones with a Moto Z2 Force dongle and they worked fine in the OnePlus 6T. And I found the audio quality to be surprisingly good.

The phone is fast and fluid and I am liking it more each day.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
So I am about a week in at this point. I have owned it for a week, but I have only been fully transferred over to the OnePlus 6T from my Note9 for a few days.

The camera is a bit of a bummer and I hope it can be improved with software updates.

It certainly is not bad, but after going from the LG V20 to the S9+ to the Note9, there is a noticeable drop in quality. And it is certainly passable, but my 1 year old nephew was over earlier and I was taking pictures of him playing and running around. They came out ok, but in my mind I was thinking, "these would look better on my Note"

I still wish it was a bigger physical device.

I used headphones with a Moto Z2 Force dongle and they worked fine in the OnePlus 6T. And I found the audio quality to be surprisingly good.

The phone is fast and fluid and I am liking it more each day.

I'm glad the phone is working well and is fast for you! Hope you continue to enjoy it! I am sure that the camera will be improved with ensuing updates.

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I got mine a couple days ago in the mail and I am simply loving it. The display is better than I thought it would be. I had a pixel camera apk on my V20 which was excellent so I installed one on my 6T. Haven't had a chance to test it yet but I'm optimistic. Absolutely no complaints. Whatever it doesn't have I don't need.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So this is dumb, but I realized 2 things that hampered my initial impressions.

One, the Auto brightness kind of sucks, like it does on every non-Samsung. Now it if it turn that off and crank up the brightness, it is pretty impressive, still not a Note9, but certainly looks good.

I also didn't realize there was a separate Night mode for pics and/or an auto turn on feature

So i am interested in taking some night shots now to see how they look

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
So this is dumb, but I realized 2 things that hampered my initial impressions.

One, the Auto brightness kind of sucks, like it does on every non-Samsung. Now it if it turn that off and crank up the brightness, it is pretty impressive, still not a Note9, but certainly looks good.

I also didn't realize there was a separate Night mode for pics and/or an auto turn on feature

So i am interested in taking some night shots now to see how they look
I've read you can train auto brightness. Leave it on and adjust to your liking. In time, it should learn where you like it. So I've read. I dislike auto brightness.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, the battery. I'd probably have stuck with the G6 if the battery had been better. I loved everything else about that phone.

Aside from that, the in-display FPS is cool, though it's a bit slow and glitchy.

I also love all the customization OxygenOS allows.

It's super fast too, which is great.

Battery, great OS, and fast... Those are all great features! Glad you are loving it!

I really love the G6 and would even buy one today... It's just sad that the battery life isn't as good as it could've been.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Battery, great OS, and fast... Those are all great features! Glad you are loving it!

I really love the G6 and would even buy one today... It's just sad that the battery life isn't as good as it could've been.

My LG V20 was one of my favorite phones of all time, but the battery life was abysmal. I practically had to carry a spare battery just to get through a full day.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I’ve decided to apply the RMA (already factory reset) and go back to my XS Max. If they get the Wi-Fi calling (Verizon) resolved at some point then I’ll buy another 6T. If not, lesson learned.

Last edited:

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Thirteen hours later, I just finished setting it up again. This damn thing is too good to send it back for something I need for one weekend/week per year.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
My LG V20 was one of my favorite phones of all time, but the battery life was abysmal. I practically had to carry a spare battery just to get through a full day.

That's too bad! It's unfortunate because LG makes awesome phones. I'm still trying to figure out whether or not to get an LG G/V-series phone or another Pixel phone for my next upgrade.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
There are new LG V20 battery's on Amazon for $15. Actual LG battery's, too.

Last edited:

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I just returned my V40. It was ok. But the buttons on mine were mushy as can be. Drove me nuts. Haven't had a phone like that in a long time. Software was nice though. No complaints there.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I just returned my V40. It was ok. But the buttons on mine were mushy as can be. Drove me nuts. Haven't had a phone like that in a long time. Software was nice though. No complaints there.
I'm still thinking about picking up a V40. Hoping there's a good Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal. Glad to hear it performs well.