The OnePlus 6 is working on Verizon.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I put my work Verizon sim into my OnePlus 6 today, And to my surprise it was working. I have voice over LTE and data is working fine.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't surprise me. I figured the oneplus 6 and 6T have the same band support just not advertised that way.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Same thing happened to blackberry key2 LE and some people had to get a newer provisioned Sim card.

This Sim card is a couple of years old. I took it out of my work phone just to see if it would work. I may go by my IT department tomorrow and see if the have any of the newer sim cards on hand.

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
OP not offering any discounts yet on the 6. The 8/128GB 6 and 6T are same price. :(
It's an interesting thing though. The exact same phone between the two, one has capacitive fingerprint and headphone jack, one has bigger battery and in display sensor. Would be cool if they sold both and actually gave consumers the choice for they think is important. Doubt OnePlus will ever discount their phones since they already are sold on razor thin margins.

cmonnats23

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Had the no incoming text messages issue as well but verizon fixed the issue! You have to call Verizon technical support and tell them to "add the 'CDMA-Less' feature to my device". Unclear on what that does, but one can assume it is necessary considering this is in fact a CDMAless device. :)

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Had the no incoming text messages issue as well but verizon fixed the issue! You have to call Verizon technical support and tell them to "add the 'CDMA-Less' feature to my device". Unclear on what that does, but one can assume it is necessary considering this is in fact a CDMAless device. :)

Thanks. Are using the OnePlus 6 or the OnePlus 6t

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
A friend just let me know that it seems the 6T is LTE or Bust on Big Red. Anybody have anything info on that and what it means exactly

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
A friend just let me know that it seems the 6T is LTE or Bust on Big Red. Anybody have anything info on that and what it means exactly

It means the 6T doesn't have CDMA capability, which Verizon is phasing out. It works on Verizon's LTE coverage. However, in rare areas without VZW LTE the 6T will have no service.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
It means the 6T doesn't have CDMA capability, which Verizon is phasing out. It works on Verizon's LTE coverage. However, in rare areas without VZW LTE the 6T will have no service.

I can already think of that place for me and that’s my wife’s community in her hometown. But hell, nothing has service out there so...

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Your friend is correct. Just tried to put on 3G no go I had no service. Called Verizon and they stated that 3G will be completely phased out by the end of next year as they are trying to deploy 5g. Also stated that they stopped activating CDMA only phones in July.