first day with the 6T!

natehartey12

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I decided to take the plunge and trade in my Galaxy s9+ with T-Mobile jump on demand. I don't regret it. It's way less a month and the only thing the s9+ has on this phone is the screen and speakers

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Did you get $300 for it? I traded in my G7 and only got $205 for it. I'm gonna have to call them later and ask why I didn't get the full $300. The website never said anything about up to $300 or up to 50%.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I decided to take the plunge and trade in my Galaxy s9+ with T-Mobile jump on demand. I don't regret it. It's way less a month and the only thing the s9+ has on this phone is the screen and speakers
Is the difference between screens that noticable? I've got the S8 and I'm considering the 6T.

Darius DuPree

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
I went from the S9 to the 6T and the only things I wish were improved is the ppi, a screen this large should be pushing around 450 to 500 ppi but it's not bad. I was splitting time with the OnePlus 6 before I sold it to get ready for the 6T and the S9 which I just had on my JOD since March.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
You received 205 instantly the remaining 95 will be split into credits for 24 months. Did you not have any older devices to trade-in? I traded in an s7 to get the 300 credit.
Did you get $300 for it? I traded in my G7 and only got $205 for it. I'm gonna have to call them later and ask why I didn't get the full $300. The website never said anything about up to $300 or up to 50%.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
How do you like the gestures or are you using the old navigation buttons?
I went from the S9 to the 6T and the only things I wish were improved is the ppi, a screen this large should be pushing around 450 to 500 ppi but it's not bad. I was splitting time with the OnePlus 6 before I sold it to get ready for the 6T and the S9 which I just had on my JOD since March.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Is the difference between screens that noticable? I've got the S8 and I'm considering the 6T.

I went from Note9 to OP6T. It's noticeable, but it's one of those things where over a few hours you start to notice it less. It doesn't have that wow factor of a Galaxy display, but then again, nothing really does. To my old eyes it looks great.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site

I set up the full on gesture mode (third option) and I love it. It's the most iOS like to me, and that was the ONE thing I actually liked better about iPhone X than Android was the full gesture mode. It's cool that they give you all three options.

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I went from Note9 to OP6T. It's noticeable, but it's one of those things where over a few hours you start to notice it less. It doesn't have that wow factor of a Galaxy display, but then again, nothing really does. To my old eyes it looks great.

Curious on why you got rid of your Note 9 and went to the OP6T. I have a note 9 and I like it but I find myself not using the Pen at all and I am not getting good battery life. I can't get through a full day anymore. I have done 3 factory resets in about a month. After the reset the battery is great and than about a week after, it starts to be really really bad.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
The screen mode on my S8 is set to basic anyway. Samsung's panels set to basic is the most color accurate display on the market. Any setting past that looks way to saturated, IMO. Thanks for your insight.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I set up the full on gesture mode (third option) and I love it. It's the most iOS like to me, and that was the ONE thing I actually liked better about iPhone X than Android was the full gesture mode. It's cool that they give you all three options.
Oh ok me too. Love the back gesture. Only thing I dislike is the gestures when on home screen don't work well with action launcher. Good thing action launcher has gestures to do the same action so guess it isn't inst big a deal.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
same with me, I'm just waiting on my job for the approval....

Do you look forward to the extra width and bigger screen?
Actually I love the standard S8's screen size. I'm probably gonna go look at the 6T and the V40 this afternoon after work. I want some hands-on time with the phones to form my own opinion. Basically as long as it's not a pain to get into/out of my pocket, I'm good.

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

Most of the gestures work great. I especially like the screen off gestures (circle for photo, V for flashlight). But I will say that the recent apps gesture is a bit wonky. It's can be difficult to get it done right from the home screen and sometimes, when I'm in a hurry, I go home when I meant to open recent because the gestures are very close. But overall, they seem very iPhonish to me.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Most of the gestures work great. I especially like the screen off gestures (circle for photo, V for flashlight). But I will say that the recent apps gesture is a bit wonky. It's can be difficult to get it done right from the home screen and sometimes, when I'm in a hurry, I go home when I meant to open recent because the gestures are very close. But overall, they seem very iPhonish to me.
Yea those don't work for me with the action launcher :-(

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Curious on why you got rid of your Note 9 and went to the OP6T. I have a note 9 and I like it but I find myself not using the Pen at all and I am not getting good battery life. I can't get through a full day anymore. I have done 3 factory resets in about a month. After the reset the battery is great and than about a week after, it starts to be really really bad.

I switched for a few reasons. I like to change things up a few times a year and get tired of Samsung and LG skins. I wanted to give Oxegen a go. The chance to save a few bucks a month didn't hurt either. I really like my Note 9, which surprised me, but at the end of the day the features that make it a $1,000 phone are ones I really don't use. I make GIF with the S-Pen and that's about it lol. I've been curious about OnePlus for a while so when TMO offered it I got on board

natehartey12

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

I have jump on demand so I couldn't take advantage of the $300 off

Darius DuPree

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
I'm loving the device so far, it'll probably be a main device until the OP7 comes, I may try the Nokia 7.1 as a break device. I'm getting insane battery life, granted I've been on strictly WiFi in an Airbnb since I picked it up from T-Mobile on launch day. It'll get it's first real test when I'm out and about around Pensacola today, but I don't expect a major drop off. The camera has been good for me and I also downloaded the stable build of the Google Camera for the OP6 and the difference isn't that noticable in most situations. I'm just waiting on more cases and maybe a good screen protector.

TANDC

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
You received 205 instantly the remaining 95 will be split into credits for 24 months. Did you not have any older devices to trade-in? I traded in an s7 to get the 300 credit.

How it was explained to me is any phone on the list got $300 credit period...

I took in an old iPhone 6 off offer up I did a trade for.

I got $300 off they waived the $20 upgrade charge and paid $30 tax

So my cost was $249 over 24 months and can pay it off sooner.

FYI The store rep tried to give me only $30 phone credit had no idea about the $300 had to call the call center for how to do the sale.

Using phone as a back up to Pixel 2 but so far its a good phone.

For a limited time, buy a OnePlus 6T on a monthly payment plan, trade in an eligible device, and get $300 in promotional bill credits applied via 24 monthly installments

Eligible trade in devices in good condition include:
Google Pixel: XL, 2, 2XL
iPhone: 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus.
LG: V30, V30+, V20, G7, G6
Motorola: Z2 Force
Nexus 6
One Plus: 6, 5T, 5, 3, 3T, X, 2, 1
Samsung: GS8, GS8+, GS7, GS7+, GS6, GS6+, Note8, Note5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89