first day with the 6T!

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Anyone who used ios gesture controls and oneplus6 how do the compare to each other?

It depends on which option you choose. For the most part, the full on gesture mode is very similar. Swipe up from the dock to get app tray, swipe up from the bottom middle to go home, swipe up from the bottom and hold for recent/active apps. The swipe up from bottom left/right to go back is a nice touch. All in all, it's probably the one feature of the OP6T that I appreciate the most.

You can also get more of a stock Android 9 gesture experience with the little slider at the bottom if you want to go that route, or no gestures at all.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Correct but if you trade the phone in store you get the instant trade-in amount up front and reminder difference of the 300 is split into 24 month credit. I traded in an s7 which I believe was worth 40 but I did differed which means I will mail it back. Since I got no value instantly I will get the 300 split evenly into 24 month credits. We get the same amount just the way it's disurpts differently.
How it was explained to me is any phone on the list got $300 credit period...

I took in an old iPhone 6 off offer up I did a trade for.

I got $300 off they waived the $20 upgrade charge and paid $30 tax

So my cost was $249 over 24 months and can pay it off sooner.

FYI The store rep tried to give me only $30 phone credit had no idea about the $300 had to call the call center for how to do the sale.

Using phone as a back up to Pixel 2 but so far its a good phone.

For a limited time, buy a OnePlus 6T on a monthly payment plan, trade in an eligible device, and get $300 in promotional bill credits applied via 24 monthly installments

Eligible trade in devices in good condition include:
Google Pixel: XL, 2, 2XL
iPhone: 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus.
LG: V30, V30+, V20, G7, G6
Motorola: Z2 Force
Nexus 6
One Plus: 6, 5T, 5, 3, 3T, X, 2, 1
Samsung: GS8, GS8+, GS7, GS7+, GS6, GS6+, Note8, Note5

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I had the same reaction to the 6+,I will not trade my note 9 in for the 6+, feels like a downgrade! I was more impressed with the Pixel 3...

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
It depends on which option you choose. For the most part, the full on gesture mode is very similar. Swipe up from the dock to get app tray, swipe up from the bottom middle to go home, swipe up from the bottom and hold for recent/active apps. The swipe up from bottom left/right to go back is a nice touch. All in all, it's probably the one feature of the OP6T that I appreciate the most.

You can also get more of a stock Android 9 gesture experience with the little slider at the bottom if you want to go that route, or no gestures at all.
I got the xr for my mom and I'm learning it now. The screen is pretty bad but everything else is quite nice.

The features are pretty cool, I'm going to ditch the back button nonsense after using this phone. I'm gonna head to t-mobile and see how the 6t gestures work.

Seems like both are pretty sweet.

Lol didn't know face id just unlocks, you still gotta swipe up. That socks

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I got the xr for my mom and I'm learning it now. The screen is pretty bad but everything else is quite nice.

The features are pretty cool, I'm going to ditch the back button nonsense after using this phone. I'm gonna head to t-mobile and see how the 6t gestures work.

Seems like both are pretty sweet.

Lol didn't know face id just unlocks, you still gotta swipe up. That socks

Yes the gestures are really nice. After using my iPhone X for about 6 months and going back to Android, it took me a few weeks to stop trying to use them so the OP6 gestures are already second nature to me.

Unfortunately Face Unlock still needs a swipe on both but it's pretty darn fast on iOS. OP's is about the same as Samsung's in my opinion, but I never used it as my prime method. It was a nice back up though if my FPS didn't read right and would pick up my face and unlock while I was cussing at the phone lol

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Does T-mobile add any bloat to the 6T?

I did a Google Switch and didn't even look to see what was on there, but T-Mobile typically installs their T-Mobile account app and occasionally T-Mobile TV, but they can all be removed like any other app. Nothing baked into the OS that requires voodoo to remove.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes the gestures are really nice. After using my iPhone X for about 6 months and going back to Android, it took me a few weeks to stop trying to use them so the OP6 gestures are already second nature to me.

Unfortunately Face Unlock still needs a swipe on both but it's pretty darn fast on iOS. OP's is about the same as Samsung's in my opinion, but I never used it as my prime method. It was a nice back up though if my FPS didn't read right and would pick up my face and unlock while I was cussing at the phone lol
Face unlock on OnePlus doesn't require a swipe. If you press the power button while looking at the screen it will instantly open.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Just got the Oneplus 6T from TMobile on Sunday. I love it! the FPS is a bit wonky compared to the LG G6 I traded in, but the face unlock makes up for it. I saw a video review on YT that said to fix the FPS mis-reads, he just scanned the same finger twice and now it unlocks like a dream I'm going to try that.

I've also seen a few reviews that say the in-display FPS is faster than a mechanical reader, but I doubt it. I'm pretty sure they just have the Face Unlock option activated and it's unlocking that way before FPS can scan. That's happened to me a few times.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Just got the Oneplus 6T from TMobile on Sunday. I love it! the FPS is a bit wonky compared to the LG G6 I traded in, but the face unlock makes up for it. I saw a video review on YT that said to fix the FPS mis-reads, he just scanned the same finger twice and now it unlocks like a dream I'm going to try that.

That would be cool if you could do that. I think Sakitech or SuperSaf, I honestly forget who, had a YT vid that showed it blocking attempts to scan the same finger twice. Let us know if it works!

Glad you are happy with the phone!

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
That would be cool if you could do that. I think Sakitech or SuperSaf, I honestly forget who, had a YT vid that showed it blocking attempts to scan the same finger twice. Let us know if it works!

Glad you are happy with the phone!

I scanned the same fingers twice. It definitely can be done.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I scanned the same fingers twice. It definitely can be done.

I just tried it and it blocked me from scanning the same finger. It allowed one or two scans, then said 'This fingerprint has already been enrolled, please try another finger'. It tried a couple more times and it allowed one more scan (the graphic representing the fingerprint filled in just a bit more) but no more after that. Maybe it depends on how complete your fingerprint scan was the first time? It only registered the edges of my finger. I dunno.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I just tried it and it blocked me from scanning the same finger. It allowed one or two scans, then said 'This fingerprint has already been enrolled, please try another finger'. It tried a couple more times and it allowed one more scan (the graphic representing the fingerprint filled in just a bit more) but no more after that. Maybe it depends on how complete your fingerprint scan was the first time? It only registered the edges of my finger. I dunno.

well, scratch that. I just deleted all my fingerprints and started over and got it to work. the first time, I concentrated the scans around the tip of my thump and only moved it enough register a new scan. The second time, I kind of 'flat thumbed' it and scanned the meaty portion of my thumb. I got the message above a few times, but just kept moving my thumb and it worked! It actually does seem a bit faster now, and I definitely have a more complete scan of my thumb. I dunno, but I'm convinced!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci