01-10-2019 04:59 AM
65 123
tools
    Ha! We just swap pics back and forth. And sending someone else a link is handy. It isn’t as great as iMessage because that takes zero thinking and work. But Google Photos has worked perfectly for us for years. Definitely not a hindrance.
    So whole link sending thing...is that where I tap on a pic and do “create link” then send that to a recipient?
    11-03-2018 06:47 PM
    So whole link sending thing...is that where I tap on a pic and do “create link” then send that to a recipient?
    Yup. Then they can open it up and save it.
    11-03-2018 06:51 PM
    Yup. Then they can open it up and save it.
    And they’d have to manually save an image or video if it was iMessage as well. Sounds like a win!

I think you’re trying to pull me back into Android lol
    11-03-2018 06:53 PM
    And they’d have to manually save an image or video if it was iMessage as well. Sounds like a win!

I think you’re trying to pull me back into Android lol
    Just saying it isn’t as bad as a lot of poeple think. And I’m the one on iOS right now. But my wife has never been on iOS and we share stuff all the time. Pics are usually fine when it’s just one. But for videos or large chunks of pics we share through Google Photos.
    mumfoau and buzzy3970 like this.
    11-03-2018 06:59 PM
    I bought another 6T that'll be in tomorrow. I'm not a dual wield kinda guy and I'm already having a mild case of buyers remorse because my Note 9 is sooo good already. Lol
    12-16-2018 09:11 AM
    I bought another 6T that'll be in tomorrow. I'm not a dual wield kinda guy and I'm already having a mild case of buyers remorse because my Note 9 is sooo good already. Lol
    So why did you get another 6T then?
    12-16-2018 09:32 AM
    So why did you get another 6T then?
    Because I wanted it over my 2 XL which I sold on Swappa yesterday. I can have 2 phones but I'm not the type to carry 2 phones lol
    12-16-2018 09:46 AM
    Because I wanted it over my 2 XL which I sold on Swappa yesterday. I can have 2 phones but I'm not the type to carry 2 phones lol
    Ah I gotcha. I can’t dual wield. It’s one or the other. I’m still debating between the XS, Note 9, OP6T, LG V40, or Pixel 3/3 XL.
    12-16-2018 10:25 AM
    Ah I gotcha. I can’t dual wield. It’s one or the other. I’m still debating between the XS, Note 9, OP6T, LG V40, or Pixel 3/3 XL.
    I'm about 96% sure that iPhone is out for me. I still have lots of other Apple products (Series IV watch, 2015 MacBook Pro, 9.7" iPad) but that is no longer my phone preference... Once you get beyond your iPhone wielding friends and family trying to convince you to come back, it's easy to be gone.
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    12-16-2018 10:39 AM
    I'm about 96% sure that iPhone is out for me. I still have lots of other Apple products (Series IV watch, 2015 MacBook Pro, 9.7" iPad) but that is no longer my phone preference... Once you get beyond your iPhone wielding friends and family trying to convince you to come back, it's easy to be gone.
    My problem is every Android phone has an issue. And there isn’t that GREAT smartwatch. But then iPhones have iOS, which I still don’t like much even after 3 years of using it.
    12-16-2018 10:44 AM
    My problem is every Android phone has an issue. And there isn’t that GREAT smartwatch. But then iPhones have iOS, which I still don’t like much even after 3 years of using it.
    I got bored with iOS. And you're right, there isn't a great Android watch. Well, I was a BIG fan of the gear S3 when I had a Note 8 earlier this year. But, because I feel like the Apple Watch is the best smart watch, I just have an iPhone SE to keep it synced with the Cloud.
    12-16-2018 11:01 AM
    ...the feeling I was making the wrong decision. Went to select the 6T model, and then I saw the "buy the OnePlus 6" button. Out of curiousity, I clicked it. Same color, same price, same everything but with a fingerprint sensor I'm used to and a headphone jack. Clicked back on the 6T, looking for every piece of information that would tell me to stop being an ***** and buy the brand new device, not the "old" phone. Only thing I found that meant a lot to me was the extra 400 mah in battery. My head was telling me the 6 was the better device for me no doubt, but my heart didn't let me pass up on the opportunity of getting the absolute latest phone.

Anyone else experience anything similar? Anyone get to my point and actually purchase the 6 month old phone because it fit you better? Honestly, I am not that worried about the headphone jack, as I have sold my soul to bluetooth (and it helps that I am not an audiofile, I mainly just listen to podcasts). So if in the first 15 days I simply cannot take the new fingerprint, I can send it back and just purchase the 6. Just a curious thing that happened to me today.
    With a different phone but I know the feeling. I have a V20 with ir blaster I use every day, easy to use fingerprint sensor on the back and the 16/9 ratio I prefer. The only thing it lacks that I want is led notifications.
    12-16-2018 11:02 AM
    I got bored with iOS. And you're right, there isn't a great Android watch. Well, I was a BIG fan of the gear S3 when I had a Note 8 earlier this year. But, because I feel like the Apple Watch is the best smart watch, I just have an iPhone SE to keep it synced with the Cloud.
    iOS is brutal, to be honest. And it’s not that I want to be able to change everything. But dear Lord I can’t change anything. And it still doesn’t feel like home to me, if you know what I mean. I think the Galaxy Watch is probably the overall best option on Android. But I wish someone would knock it out of the park with Wear OS.
    mumfoau likes this.
    12-16-2018 11:04 AM
    iOS is brutal, to be honest. And it’s not that I want to be able to change everything. But dear Lord I can’t change anything. And it still doesn’t feel like home to me, if you know what I mean. I think the Galaxy Watch is probably the overall best option on Android. But I wish someone would knock it out of the park with Wear OS.
    Yeah from an app perspective, wearOS is better. If it wasn't for the awesome of the health stuff on watchOS, I'd get a Galaxy Watch but since I went "no notifications" on my Apple watch while I prepped to make the switch to Android, I don't mind having a cheap iPhone to sync with about once/week.
    12-16-2018 11:11 AM
    Yeah from an app perspective, wearOS is better. If it wasn't for the awesome of the health stuff on watchOS, I'd get a Galaxy Watch but since I went "no notifications" on my Apple watch while I prepped to make the switch to Android, I don't mind having a cheap iPhone to sync with about once/week.
    Wear OS would probably work with me as I really just want phone calls and texts on there. Don’t need anything else.

If the camera was better on the OP6T I’d definitely just use that one. With my army of tiny humans in the house, going from an iPhone X camera to that one may hurt. It’s otherwise about my perfect smartphone, especially if it added wireless charging.
    12-16-2018 11:17 AM
    Wear OS would probably work with me as I really just want phone calls and texts on there. Don’t need anything else.

If the camera was better on the OP6T I’d definitely just use that one. With my army of tiny humans in the house, going from an iPhone X camera to that one may hurt. It’s otherwise about my perfect smartphone, especially if it added wireless charging.
    Yeah I've got a 2 year old but I don't remember disliking the camera much on the OP6T. The reason I sent it back to OP was because it didn't have WiFi calling. It still doesn't but I hope that it comes sometime in early 2019. I don't need it 95% of the year anyway.
    12-16-2018 11:21 AM
    The T-Mobile version has WiFi calling if it matters to anybody. Definitely better than my S8+ too. I always had to switch off WiFi calling because it would go in and out. Mic would randomly make me sound distant too. Zero issues with calls with the 6T
    12-16-2018 01:34 PM
    Yeah I've got a 2 year old but I don't remember disliking the camera much on the OP6T. The reason I sent it back to OP was because it didn't have WiFi calling. It still doesn't but I hope that it comes sometime in early 2019. I don't need it 95% of the year anyway.
    I have heard fast moving objects are a little rough. We have a 6 year old and two 2 year olds, so things are a little crazy. I heard otherwise it was pretty solid. I don’t care about WiFi calling, so that’s no big deal to me. The wireless charging is, though.
    mumfoau likes this.
    12-16-2018 01:41 PM
    I have heard fast moving objects are a little rough. We have a 6 year old and two 2 year olds, so things are a little crazy. I heard otherwise it was pretty solid. I don’t care about WiFi calling, so that’s no big deal to me. The wireless charging is, though.
    I'm just getting into WiFi charging but charging direct from the usb-c cable is faster so it's meh whenever I use the 6T.
    12-16-2018 01:42 PM
    I'm just getting into WiFi calling but charging direct from the usb-c cable is faster so it's meh whenever I use the 6T.
    I have wireless chargers all over my house and in my office, so I love leaving work and having 100%. And it’s nice to just top it off around the house when need be. But I do hear ya. I ordered one with an extra charger and a car charger. So maybe I should see how it works for me.
    mumfoau likes this.
    12-16-2018 01:45 PM
    I would skip v40 all together. Unless you care about low light photos, i would discount pixel as well. Its between note 9, xs and 6t. I would recommend note 9, that phone literally checks all the boxes. One down side of the note 9 is its size, its unwieldy especially when you put a case on.
    Wildo6882 and mumfoau like this.
    12-16-2018 02:33 PM
    I have two phones the note 9 and the 6t. The note 9 is nearly prefect in every way possible. I use the note 9 on weekdays because I used the stylus quite a bit. I also use the note 9 if I am traveling.

The 6t it's my backup phone, I use it on the weekends and sometimes on the weekdays. oxygen os is my favorite skin.
    mumfoau likes this.
    12-16-2018 05:32 PM
    I have two phones the note 9 and the 6t. The note 9 is nearly prefect in every way possible. I use the note 9 on weekdays because I used the stylus quite a bit. I also use the note 9 if I am traveling.

The 6t it's my backup phone, I use it on the weekends and sometimes on the weekdays. oxygen os is my favorite skin.
    My note 9 posted on Craiglist today in favor of 6T.

The Note 9 camera is such a let down. 6T oxygen OS is such a joy to use.

I am picking a Pixel 2 XL Panda tomorrow to check out the camera every one talks about. I love my 6T though. OnePlus did a fantastic job.
    mumfoau likes this.
    12-16-2018 07:05 PM
    My note 9 posted on Craiglist today in favor of 6T.

The Note 9 camera is such a let down. 6T oxygen OS is such a joy to use.

I am picking a Pixel 2 XL Panda tomorrow to check out the camera every one talks about. I love my 6T though. OnePlus did a fantastic job.
    I've been wanting a OnePlus device since the OnePlus One but being on Verizon... It wasn't possible to use one. The more I thought about it, the more I was like "there's no way I'm blowing this opportunity."
    12-16-2018 07:39 PM
    I've been wanting a OnePlus device since the OnePlus One but being on Verizon... It wasn't possible to use one. The more I thought about it, the more I was like "there's no way I'm blowing this opportunity."
    I ditched Verizon 3 years ago after being a customer for over 10 years. With TMobile now and love it. Too many good companies out there to deal with VZ locked down system. They are opening up now, but they were a disaster few years back.
    12-16-2018 07:46 PM
65 123