Went to Buy the 6T, and This Feeling Overwhelmed Me...

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Well, my Max is paid for. I just have always wanted to try a OnePlus but being with Verizon, it was a non-starter. Should be a fun trial. What usually sends me running back to iMessage is the video compression when I’m using an Android. The first time my wife sends a vid of our son and it’s all grainy, I usually box up an Android and send it back or sell it.

Yeah that's one thing Google really needs to work on. All my kids have iPhones and I make them send me videos via Facebook Messenger to avoid the compression.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that's one thing Google really needs to work on. All my kids have iPhones and I make them send me videos via Facebook Messenger to avoid the compression.

That’s always the hardest part about making the switch...getting folks you communicate with to change what they’re used to doing. The act of changing itself is easier than it has ever been.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
That’s always the hardest part about making the switch...getting folks you communicate with to change what they’re used to doing. The act of changing itself is easier than it has ever been.

My wife uses an S9 and I have an iPhone X. We use Google Photos. To me, it’s easier than iMessage for sharing more than one pic or video.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
My wife uses an S9 and I have an iPhone X. We use Google Photos. To me, it’s easier than iMessage for sharing more than one pic or video.

When I switched the last time I shared my google Photos library with my wife. Not sure if she still looks at it though lol

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
When I switched the last time I shared my google Photos library with my wife. Not sure if she still looks at it though lol

Ha! We just swap pics back and forth. And sending someone else a link is handy. It isn’t as great as iMessage because that takes zero thinking and work. But Google Photos has worked perfectly for us for years. Definitely not a hindrance.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Ha! We just swap pics back and forth. And sending someone else a link is handy. It isn’t as great as iMessage because that takes zero thinking and work. But Google Photos has worked perfectly for us for years. Definitely not a hindrance.

So whole link sending thing...is that where I tap on a pic and do “create link” then send that to a recipient?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
And they’d have to manually save an image or video if it was iMessage as well. Sounds like a win!

I think you’re trying to pull me back into Android lol

Just saying it isn’t as bad as a lot of poeple think. And I’m the one on iOS right now. But my wife has never been on iOS and we share stuff all the time. Pics are usually fine when it’s just one. But for videos or large chunks of pics we share through Google Photos.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I bought another 6T that'll be in tomorrow. I'm not a dual wield kinda guy and I'm already having a mild case of buyers remorse because my Note 9 is sooo good already. Lol

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Because I wanted it over my 2 XL which I sold on Swappa yesterday. I can have 2 phones but I'm not the type to carry 2 phones lol

Ah I gotcha. I can’t dual wield. It’s one or the other. I’m still debating between the XS, Note 9, OP6T, LG V40, or Pixel 3/3 XL.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Ah I gotcha. I can’t dual wield. It’s one or the other. I’m still debating between the XS, Note 9, OP6T, LG V40, or Pixel 3/3 XL.
I'm about 96% sure that iPhone is out for me. I still have lots of other Apple products (Series IV watch, 2015 MacBook Pro, 9.7" iPad) but that is no longer my phone preference... Once you get beyond your iPhone wielding friends and family trying to convince you to come back, it's easy to be gone.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm about 96% sure that iPhone is out for me. I still have lots of other Apple products (Series IV watch, 2015 MacBook Pro, 9.7" iPad) but that is no longer my phone preference... Once you get beyond your iPhone wielding friends and family trying to convince you to come back, it's easy to be gone.

My problem is every Android phone has an issue. And there isn’t that GREAT smartwatch. But then iPhones have iOS, which I still don’t like much even after 3 years of using it.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
My problem is every Android phone has an issue. And there isn’t that GREAT smartwatch. But then iPhones have iOS, which I still don’t like much even after 3 years of using it.
I got bored with iOS. And you're right, there isn't a great Android watch. Well, I was a BIG fan of the gear S3 when I had a Note 8 earlier this year. But, because I feel like the Apple Watch is the best smart watch, I just have an iPhone SE to keep it synced with the Cloud.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
...the feeling I was making the wrong decision. Went to select the 6T model, and then I saw the "buy the OnePlus 6" button. Out of curiousity, I clicked it. Same color, same price, same everything but with a fingerprint sensor I'm used to and a headphone jack. Clicked back on the 6T, looking for every piece of information that would tell me to stop being an ***** and buy the brand new device, not the "old" phone. Only thing I found that meant a lot to me was the extra 400 mah in battery. My head was telling me the 6 was the better device for me no doubt, but my heart didn't let me pass up on the opportunity of getting the absolute latest phone.

Anyone else experience anything similar? Anyone get to my point and actually purchase the 6 month old phone because it fit you better? Honestly, I am not that worried about the headphone jack, as I have sold my soul to bluetooth (and it helps that I am not an audiofile, I mainly just listen to podcasts). So if in the first 15 days I simply cannot take the new fingerprint, I can send it back and just purchase the 6. Just a curious thing that happened to me today.
With a different phone but I know the feeling. I have a V20 with ir blaster I use every day, easy to use fingerprint sensor on the back and the 16/9 ratio I prefer. The only thing it lacks that I want is led notifications.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I got bored with iOS. And you're right, there isn't a great Android watch. Well, I was a BIG fan of the gear S3 when I had a Note 8 earlier this year. But, because I feel like the Apple Watch is the best smart watch, I just have an iPhone SE to keep it synced with the Cloud.

iOS is brutal, to be honest. And it’s not that I want to be able to change everything. But dear Lord I can’t change anything. And it still doesn’t feel like home to me, if you know what I mean. I think the Galaxy Watch is probably the overall best option on Android. But I wish someone would knock it out of the park with Wear OS.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
iOS is brutal, to be honest. And it’s not that I want to be able to change everything. But dear Lord I can’t change anything. And it still doesn’t feel like home to me, if you know what I mean. I think the Galaxy Watch is probably the overall best option on Android. But I wish someone would knock it out of the park with Wear OS.
Yeah from an app perspective, wearOS is better. If it wasn't for the awesome of the health stuff on watchOS, I'd get a Galaxy Watch but since I went "no notifications" on my Apple watch while I prepped to make the switch to Android, I don't mind having a cheap iPhone to sync with about once/week.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah from an app perspective, wearOS is better. If it wasn't for the awesome of the health stuff on watchOS, I'd get a Galaxy Watch but since I went "no notifications" on my Apple watch while I prepped to make the switch to Android, I don't mind having a cheap iPhone to sync with about once/week.

Wear OS would probably work with me as I really just want phone calls and texts on there. Don’t need anything else.

If the camera was better on the OP6T I’d definitely just use that one. With my army of tiny humans in the house, going from an iPhone X camera to that one may hurt. It’s otherwise about my perfect smartphone, especially if it added wireless charging.