Went to Buy the 6T, and This Feeling Overwhelmed Me...

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Wear OS would probably work with me as I really just want phone calls and texts on there. Don’t need anything else.

If the camera was better on the OP6T I’d definitely just use that one. With my army of tiny humans in the house, going from an iPhone X camera to that one may hurt. It’s otherwise about my perfect smartphone, especially if it added wireless charging.
Yeah I've got a 2 year old but I don't remember disliking the camera much on the OP6T. The reason I sent it back to OP was because it didn't have WiFi calling. It still doesn't but I hope that it comes sometime in early 2019. I don't need it 95% of the year anyway.

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
The T-Mobile version has WiFi calling if it matters to anybody. Definitely better than my S8+ too. I always had to switch off WiFi calling because it would go in and out. Mic would randomly make me sound distant too. Zero issues with calls with the 6T
fde435da2b17809157bd3edb85b263f9.jpg

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I've got a 2 year old but I don't remember disliking the camera much on the OP6T. The reason I sent it back to OP was because it didn't have WiFi calling. It still doesn't but I hope that it comes sometime in early 2019. I don't need it 95% of the year anyway.

I have heard fast moving objects are a little rough. We have a 6 year old and two 2 year olds, so things are a little crazy. I heard otherwise it was pretty solid. I don’t care about WiFi calling, so that’s no big deal to me. The wireless charging is, though.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I have heard fast moving objects are a little rough. We have a 6 year old and two 2 year olds, so things are a little crazy. I heard otherwise it was pretty solid. I don’t care about WiFi calling, so that’s no big deal to me. The wireless charging is, though.
I'm just getting into WiFi charging but charging direct from the usb-c cable is faster so it's meh whenever I use the 6T.

Last edited:

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm just getting into WiFi calling but charging direct from the usb-c cable is faster so it's meh whenever I use the 6T.

I have wireless chargers all over my house and in my office, so I love leaving work and having 100%. And it’s nice to just top it off around the house when need be. But I do hear ya. I ordered one with an extra charger and a car charger. So maybe I should see how it works for me.

caveman84

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Ah I gotcha. I can’t dual wield. It’s one or the other. I’m still debating between the XS, Note 9, OP6T, LG V40, or Pixel 3/3 XL.
I would skip v40 all together. Unless you care about low light photos, i would discount pixel as well. Its between note 9, xs and 6t. I would recommend note 9, that phone literally checks all the boxes. One down side of the note 9 is its size, its unwieldy especially when you put a case on.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I have two phones the note 9 and the 6t. The note 9 is nearly prefect in every way possible. I use the note 9 on weekdays because I used the stylus quite a bit. I also use the note 9 if I am traveling.

The 6t it's my backup phone, I use it on the weekends and sometimes on the weekdays. oxygen os is my favorite skin.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I have two phones the note 9 and the 6t. The note 9 is nearly prefect in every way possible. I use the note 9 on weekdays because I used the stylus quite a bit. I also use the note 9 if I am traveling.

The 6t it's my backup phone, I use it on the weekends and sometimes on the weekdays. oxygen os is my favorite skin.
My note 9 posted on Craiglist today in favor of 6T.

The Note 9 camera is such a let down. 6T oxygen OS is such a joy to use.

I am picking a Pixel 2 XL Panda tomorrow to check out the camera every one talks about. I love my 6T though. OnePlus did a fantastic job.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
My note 9 posted on Craiglist today in favor of 6T.

The Note 9 camera is such a let down. 6T oxygen OS is such a joy to use.

I am picking a Pixel 2 XL Panda tomorrow to check out the camera every one talks about. I love my 6T though. OnePlus did a fantastic job.
I've been wanting a OnePlus device since the OnePlus One but being on Verizon... It wasn't possible to use one. The more I thought about it, the more I was like "there's no way I'm blowing this opportunity."

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I've been wanting a OnePlus device since the OnePlus One but being on Verizon... It wasn't possible to use one. The more I thought about it, the more I was like "there's no way I'm blowing this opportunity."
I ditched Verizon 3 years ago after being a customer for over 10 years. With TMobile now and love it. Too many good companies out there to deal with VZ locked down system. They are opening up now, but they were a disaster few years back.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I ditched Verizon 3 years ago after being a customer for over 10 years. With TMobile now and love it. Too many good companies out there to deal with VZ locked down system. They are opening up now, but they were a disaster few years back.
I have been toying with the idea of jumping ship. Just gotta convince the wife. I thought it'd be much cheaper than what we pay on Verizon but for just 2 lines, it isn't.

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
With the finger print sensor. If you register with the stock screen protector then add a new screen protector be sure to delete and re add your finger prints. It will make a difference.

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
The T-Mobile version has WiFi calling if it matters to anybody. Definitely better than my S8+ too. I always had to switch off WiFi calling because it would go in and out. Mic would randomly make me sound distant too. Zero issues with calls with the 6T
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181216/fde435da2b17809157bd3edb85b263f9.jpg
But isn't there an issue with the Tmo version being locked for a specific time frame? And that wifi calling, is that only for Tmo customers? Or, could you activate it on vzw and then use wifi calling?

Thanks.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
But isn't there an issue with the Tmo version being locked for a specific time frame? And that wifi calling, is that only for Tmo customers? Or, could you activate it on vzw and then use wifi calling?

Thanks.
VZ and ATT do not allow for wifi calling in none company branded phones.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I really want to switch to T-Mobile lol
I switched from ATT to T-Mobile over black Friday week.
Ported 2 numbers (mine and my wife), got a 3rd line for free. Also got 6T for free after trading in an old Samsung s6. Not a bad deal at all. Have the unlimited T-Mobile One plan with them. They pay for my Netflix subscription. Everything is great from reception to customer service. Zero regrets.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the regular 6 this morning for t-mobile but from the one+ site. All they had available was the 8GB 256 version. This will be my first one+ phone. Not interested in the in screen fingerprint sensor, and I always want a headphone jack. So my choice was the "old" version. Seeing that there really is little difference from one to the other I think I made the right choice. Besides, the price was right now that the 6t is out.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I purchased the regular 6 this morning for t-mobile but from the one+ site. All they had available was the 8GB 256 version. This will be my first one+ phone. Not interested in the in screen fingerprint sensor, and I always want a headphone jack. So my choice was the "old" version. Seeing that there really is little difference from one to the other I think I made the right choice. Besides, the price was right now that the 6t is out.

You going be happy with the 1+6 ,still has headphone jack and led notification light and great battery life and dual sim . Got it since it launched.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
You can't go wrong with the six for the price. Part of me wishes I'd of gotten it but I'm also really happy with my 6T. Congrats on your new device!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463