tempered glass screen protector

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I need to break out of the habit of sticking to certain brands for screen protectors. I'm considering getting a tempered glass but don't see any brand I'm familiar with on Amazon like Maxboost.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Some reviews stated the side don't adhesive that well. Does this happened to you?

Base on OnePlus community we will get temper glass OEM soon.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I would imagine the in screen FPS has some brands in a wait and see mode to decide if this is going to become a 'thing', or if it's just a passing fad.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I'll just hold tight and wait on those then. The screen protector that it came with should suffice for now since I'm really careful with my devices anyway.
Some reviews stated the side don't adhesive that well. Does this happened to you?

Base on OnePlus community we will get temper glass OEM soon.

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
It's funny - got mine from T-Mobile and I was pissed this week because I already scratched my screen and T-Mobile didn't have any protectors. Then I realized it has a screen protector already installed and it was the protector that was scratched!

T Mobile has protectors in stock now but they are not OnePlus branded. Still, since I have 360 from T-Mobile, the warranty the protector so I got it anyway. When I finally pull off the installed protector, which will be a few days, I'll install the new one and hope for the best.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
It's funny - got mine from T-Mobile and I was pissed this week because I already scratched my screen and T-Mobile didn't have any protectors. Then I realized it has a screen protector already installed and it was the protector that was scratched!

T Mobile has protectors in stock now but they are not OnePlus branded. Still, since I have 360 from T-Mobile, the warranty the protector so I got it anyway. When I finally pull off the installed protector, which will be a few days, I'll install the new one and hope for the best.
How much was that cost? They always overprice.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
T-Mobile store sell glass screen protector, puregear for $40 without black borderline. $40 is too overprice.
I'll just hold tight and wait on those then. The screen protector that it came with should suffice for now since I'm really careful with my devices anyway.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
To start it's a fingerprint magnet with smudges all over it if use for even two minutes. Personally I couldn't deal with it after couple of hours, took it off and couldn't have been more happier. Now the screen feels so nice with no smudges etc.
What’s wrong with the one it ships with?

shenfrey

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
To start it's a fingerprint magnet with smudges all over it if use for even two minutes. Personally I couldn't deal with it after couple of hours, took it off and couldn't have been more happier. Now the screen feels so nice with no smudges etc.

But now you’ve taken it off, doesn’t the screen scratch really easily?

I come from the iPhone X where the screen scratches if you sneeze on it.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I currently have multiple phones and haven't seen any scratches on my Xs Max, Pixel 3 XL and 6T till now. Last year Pixel 2 XL aged very well without screen protector and iPhone X little less. But either way generally it's been fine for me over the years without screen protector and if it has minor micro scratches over the year I could care less. Personally I prefer how it feels and looks with bare glass but everyone has different opinion.
But now you’ve taken it off, doesn’t the screen scratch really easily?

I come from the iPhone X where the screen scratches if you sneeze on it.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone make regular screen protectors anymore. I just want something like what came on the 6T for my pixel 3. Not glass. Not wet installed. Just a regular screen film or whatever. Sheesh lol

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I guess OnePlus is coming out with their own glass screen protector at some time. I forget where I saw it but a website had a screenshot of their Chinese site and it was listed on there

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante