Sorry if this is a repeat; I've searched but haven't come up with a relevant thread (shoot me if I'm not looking properly)

After falling out of love with the Note 9 very quickly; I sold it and bought the OP6 and have loved it; one phone, 2 jobs (business and persona SIMs) and overall a great device

But, is the 6T worth it over the 6

Not bothered re camera quality or lack of headphone port (already have BT headphones and not a massive picture taker); but what I do want is a touch bigger screen and better storage (I use Poweramp and iSyncr to move music from my iTunes account and use it via BT playback in my BMW)...

One thing that is niggling me currently is lack of decent cases for the 6T; Otterbox have already stated via Twitter that they won't be doing a case for the 6T! Bit narrow minded IMO

No signs from the usual suspects either (Spigen, Unicorn Beetle, UAG et al)
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-11-2018 01:29 PM
    Sack it; just ordered one
    socal and ajb1965 like this.
    11-11-2018 02:15 PM
    Sack it; just ordered one
    Wow took you 33 minutes to make that decision! Honestly you won't be disappointed. I came from an LG G6 and the 6T is awesome in every way imaginable. I believe it is better than my wife's Pixel 3 in every way except for the camera.

When I saw your initial post I was going to comment that I didn't think it was worth an upgrade because i was really close to ordering the 6 the day after the 6T was released simply because I wasn't sold on the in-display fingerprint sensor. I finally decided that the small bump in battery plus the "coolness" of the new sensor tech won me over than the more practical 6.

After having it for nearly a week, the battery is the best i have ever used, I as well don't use the headphone jack ever, so that didn't matter, and the fingerprint sensor, while it has its quirks, is worth it because it's simply fun to use.

Also about cases, the first party Nylon case offers great protection and feels awesome if you don't need the crazy OtterBox style.
    11-11-2018 02:52 PM
    I hate that the chin is almost gone but not quite. Looks like these OEMs want to do what Apple does but simply can't.

Plus, the chin should ALWAYS be the same thickness as the notch, for symmetry.
    11-11-2018 02:56 PM
    I hate that the chin is almost gone but not quite. Looks like these OEMs want to do what Apple does but simply can't.

Plus, the chin should ALWAYS be the same thickness as the notch, for symmetry.
    Interesting way to look at it. I'm a huge fan of symmetry. I looked at the 6T as being symmetrical because the absolute top of the screen is the same as the bottom. But I see see what your saying, would be nice to hide the notch and then the black status bar be symmetric to the chin. I honestly would like to hide the chin but didn't like the fact that it made it asymmetrical. My symmetry OCD is appeared as long as i can leave the notch "on".
    11-11-2018 03:12 PM
    Yeah, I didn’t take long. Once I found the Supcase case I decided there and then

I’ll receive it all on Wednesday, so will get my OP6 up for sale and will report back later this week with my comparison views
    11-11-2018 03:18 PM
    I think this is a very normal discussion to have when it comes to ensuing iterations; but it's even more complex when you're looking at a phone manufacturer like OnePlus, who puts out a new phone every six months (usually). It's hard to know which one to buy over the other; or if it's a worthwhile upgrade to get the "T" version when you just bought the "former" version six months back.

To me, it's a tossup. You can argue it either way. On the one hand, you will almost always see improvements or newly added features with the "T" versions of OnePlus phones. Sometimes when the "number-only" versions come out, OnePlus enthusiasts will advise potential buyers to wait to see what the "T" version has to offer because you may get more nuggets in there, like in--screen fingerprint scanners for the 6T for example.

However, there are others who state that these newly added features or improvements are incremental and are not necessarily worth the upgrade if you are already in possession of the 6, 5, etc. I usually put myself in this camp and I remain in it now with the 6 vs 6T one. Even if you don't have the 6, looking for one on Amazon or from a reputable seller at a discounted price is often a steal over buying the newly-released "T" version.

If you have the 6, I truly think it is a worthwhile device and the "new features" of the 6T, while cool, do not warrant upgrading, in my opinion. My advice would be to wait for the 7 and see if that is worth the upgrade.

As an example, I purchased a Pixel 2 in April and now with the 3 being newly released, it does have its new features but I am not interested in upgrading - the improvements do not warrant the upgrade.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide! Always a pleasure to partake in upgrading-or-not threads; and I truly enjoy discussing OnePlus (despite not owning a phone from them yet!).

Edit: I see that you ordered a 6T - awesome! Let us know when it arrives and how you like it!
    Dan_B1979 likes this.
    11-11-2018 04:34 PM
    I think this is a very normal discussion to have when it comes to ensuing iterations; but it's even more complex when you're looking at a phone manufacturer like OnePlus, who puts out a new phone every six months (usually). It's hard to know which one to buy over the other; or if it's a worthwhile upgrade to get the "T" version when you just bought the "former" version six months back.

To me, it's a tossup. You can argue it either way. On the one hand, you will almost always see improvements or newly added features with the "T" versions of OnePlus phones. Sometimes when the "number-only" versions come out, OnePlus enthusiasts will advise potential buyers to wait to see what the "T" version has to offer because you may get more nuggets in there, like in--screen fingerprint scanners for the 6T for example.

However, there are others who state that these newly added features or improvements are incremental and are not necessarily worth the upgrade if you are already in possession of the 6, 5, etc. I usually put myself in this camp and I remain in it now with the 6 vs 6T one. Even if you don't have the 6, looking for one on Amazon or from a reputable seller at a discounted price is often a steal over buying the newly-released "T" version.

If you have the 6, I truly think it is a worthwhile device and the "new features" of the 6T, while cool, do not warrant upgrading, in my opinion. My advice would be to wait for the 7 and see if that is worth the upgrade.

As an example, I purchased a Pixel 2 in April and now with the 3 being newly released, it does have its new features but I am not interested in upgrading - the improvements do not warrant the upgrade.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide! Always a pleasure to partake in upgrading-or-not threads; and I truly enjoy discussing OnePlus (despite not owning a phone from them yet!).

Edit: I see that you ordered a 6T - awesome! Let us know when it arrives and how you like it!
    Good points. One thing that I think is worth noting is that to my knowledge there isn't anything in the 6T software or hardware besides the fingerprint sensor, bit larger battery, and headphone jack removal that is different. All software enhancements have already been brought to the 6. Same camera, same display, same speakers, and this is a good thing. I don't think OnePlus intended 6 owners to upgrade to the 6T unless you were really interested in the fingerprint sensor or wanted to get it through TMobile or get it for Verizon.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-11-2018 04:52 PM

I'm with you on the Pixel 2! Haven't seen anywhere near enough in the 3 lineup to warrant changing to it.

4GB RAM in particular is quite pathetic.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-11-2018 05:01 PM
    I'm happy with my 1+6 didn't feel to upgrade this time around but looking forward to the 7
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-11-2018 07:40 PM
    I have the 6 and got the 6T on the T-Mobile deal and intended to give the 6 to my wife. After using it for a few days I've decided to keep the 6 and give her the 6T. Fingerprint on the back is better for me, notification light is better, and I don't care about the notch at all. Battery always lasts more than a day so no worries there. Overall I'm just happier with the 6. She'll be updating from a Pixel XL so she'll be super happy.
    11-11-2018 11:16 PM
    I have the 6 and got the 6T on the T-Mobile deal and intended to give the 6 to my wife. After using it for a few days I've decided to keep the 6 and give her the 6T. Fingerprint on the back is better for me, notification light is better, and I don't care about the notch at all. Battery always lasts more than a day so no worries there. Overall I'm just happier with the 6. She'll be updating from a Pixel XL so she'll be super happy.
    I agree fingerprint on back I perfer, also the notch is not that big on the 6
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-11-2018 11:47 PM
    Received, all set up (faultless swapping from the OP6 via the OP Switch app) and it's a brilliant phone

Love the screen fingerprint scanner; it's like going back to my old Galaxy Note 4 & 5 rather than the usual OP location (or similar to the Google Nexus 6P and Pixel mobiles etc); never got on with Samsungs placement!

I much prefer this midnight black version too; the mirror black version was a bit too slippery when not in a case!
    11-13-2018 08:16 AM
    I agree fingerprint on back I perfer, also the notch is not that big on the 6
    I too love the fingerprint scanner on the back. Hopefully the 7 will have it on the back. But maybe with the in--screen fingerprint scanner trend starting now with OP, that won't happen.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-13-2018 08:24 AM
    I too love the fingerprint scanner on the back. Hopefully the 7 will have it on the back. But maybe with the in--screen fingerprint scanner trend starting now with OP, that won't happen.
    I was never a fan of front fingerprint scanners but looks like 1+ is going away with it for now and probably other OEM'S
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-13-2018 11:25 AM
    See for me it was the opposite. I wasn't a fan of rear fingerprint scanners.
    I was never a fan of front fingerprint scanners but looks like 1+ is going away with it for now and probably other OEM'S
    11-13-2018 01:06 PM
    Just come naturally for me on the rear and how I hold the phone
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-13-2018 01:23 PM
    I really liked the deep, round ones on the Nexus 6P and Pixel XL; but the Samsung ones felt all wrong and the OP ones were ok, but not great. I've big hands too, so reach was never an issue, but with fat fingers, it was easy to have the scanner not recognise my fingerprint

The screen one for the OP6T has been faultless so far
    11-13-2018 04:28 PM
    I actually just ordered the 6 on Amazon's black Friday deal.

Having used an in screen FPS on the mate 20 pro my conclusion is that the tech is not quite ready, for example it did not work on my banking app or other apps plus I think I just prefer it on the back. Plus as others have said no led notification light is an issue when there is already no AOD.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-15-2018 02:29 PM
    I actually just ordered the 6 on Amazon's black Friday deal.

Having used an in screen FPS on the mate 20 pro my conclusion is that the tech is not quite ready, for example it did not work on my banking app or other apps plus I think I just prefer it on the back. Plus as others have said no led notification light is an issue when there is already no AOD.
    That's awesome that you got a deal on the 6! Good for you! I agree with you about the in-screen fingerprint scanner - I think it's cool but it needs a while longer before it's reliable and working efficiently (not just with other apps but in general). As of now, I'm happy with rear-mounted fingerprint scanners.

Let us know when your OnePlus 6 device comes, and how you are liking it! Happy Place Week!
    11-17-2018 03:39 AM
    That's awesome that you got a deal on the 6! Good for you! I agree with you about the in-screen fingerprint scanner - I think it's cool but it needs a while longer before it's reliable and working efficiently (not just with other apps but in general). As of now, I'm happy with rear-mounted fingerprint scanners.

Let us know when your OnePlus 6 device comes, and how you are liking it! Happy Place Week!
    Arrived yesterday (256gb version) It feels quite basic in the hand vs. my Note 9 which was expected but boy this thing is a beast, it just flies! Noticeably faster than the Note across the board and I really see this when using the BB hub especially.

Also forgot how nice Oxygen OS is, only thing missing really is an always on display.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-17-2018 10:51 AM
    Arrived yesterday (256gb version) It feels quite basic in the hand vs. my Note 9 which was expected but boy this thing is a beast, it just flies! Noticeably faster than the Note across the board and I really see this when using the BB hub especially.

Also forgot how nice Oxygen OS is, only thing missing really is an always on display.
    I've heard from a few different users that the 6T flies! Sounds like it has great speed and a really good OS!

Hopefully OP makes plans for an AOD.
    11-17-2018 11:48 AM