11-27-2018 07:19 PM
60 123
tools
    As the title says!
    11-11-2018 02:57 PM
    Not me. I'm coming off a year and a half with a carrier bought LG G6. Yes i miss wireless charging, but I don't miss all of the extra that came on that thing. For every thing that the G6 may have had as a niche feature, the 6T has beaten it in my opinion with pure speed and being lightweight.
    gendo667, Relletti and droidman401 like this.
    11-11-2018 03:16 PM
    Not me. I'm coming off a year and a half with a carrier bought LG G6. Yes i miss wireless charging, but I don't miss all of the extra that came on that thing. For every thing that the G6 may have had as a niche feature, the 6T has beaten it in my opinion with pure speed and being lightweight.
    Camera? Legit question. I'm curious about your opinion.
    11-11-2018 03:21 PM
    Camera?
    I definitely miss the commodity of the wide angle lens. Now I'm no photographer, so I'm not the right person to ask, but nothing about the G6 camera seemed special to me. Granted, it is approaching 2 years, so comparing the 6T may not be fair because of the age difference, but i ended up downloading gcam for my G6 because i could notice a better picture from the gcam than the stock camera. Also, the G6 stock camera was soooo slow to open and take a picture. With 2 toddlers running around, I missed so many picture opportunities. So far the 6T camera opens fast and takes a decent action shot and has portrait mode, which the G6 didn't.

Also, it helps that i got my wife a Pixel 3 because she is the main family photographer, so me getting the best phone camera wasn't high on my priority list. Her phone takes the important ones, i just needed mine for spur of the moment.
    gendo667 and Relletti like this.
    11-11-2018 03:26 PM
    On camera, display, wireless charging yes. Currently also have a Pixel 3 XL and Xs Max, had lot of other flagship phones thru out the year. Personally I don't see myself carrying the 6T as daily driver because of above reason and also have other phones. But still if I only had the option of carrying one phone and in a budget the 6T offers great value and don't miss out on most features.
    gendo667 likes this.
    11-11-2018 03:29 PM
    On camera, display, wireless charging yes. Currently also have a Pixel 3 XL and Xs Max, had lot of other flagship phones thru out the year. Personally I don't see myself carrying the 6T as daily driver because of above reason and also have other phones. But still if I only had the option of carrying one phone and in a budget the 6T offers great value and don't miss out on most features.
    That’s what I’m trying to decide on. Need to cut some stuff from my budget and an OP6T may fit the bill. I’m used to top end flagships (currently using an iPhone X) so that is something that I kinda worry about. I’m not tied to the Apple ecosystem, so that isn’t necessarily holding me back. It’s just the thought of not having the top of the line, best of the best. However budget reasons may force my hand.
    11-11-2018 05:21 PM
    I had LG G6, traded it in for 6T. No regrets. I see nothing that G6 did better, but do find 6T to be better with battery life, call quality and responsiveness with absolutely no lag. 6T seems to be everything I wanted in a phone/device.
    11-11-2018 06:37 PM
    I feel what one plus gives you a lot for the money...
    Even high end phone that cost 1,000.00 take features out .
    mumfoau likes this.
    11-11-2018 07:36 PM
    I had LG G6, traded it in for 6T. No regrets. I see nothing that G6 did better, but do find 6T to be better with battery life, call quality and responsiveness with absolutely no lag. 6T seems to be everything I wanted in a phone/device.
    I'm a hundred percent with you, coming to 6T from G6, and although I agree that is an unfair comparison for our retired daily driver since it's 2v years old and can be had for $250 bucks now.

A more interesting comparison is the V40 to the 6T. That is the decision I had to make last week when I made my decision to go with OnePlus. Obviously I can't make a true comparison, but from my research the things the 6T did better than the V40 were the things i coveted the most in a phone, and the things the v40 for better, although cool, weren't on my top priority list.

I wish i could combine the two phones, I'd pay top dollar for that. Until then I'll concede my wireless charging and wide angle lens and know the 6T was the best for me in 2018.
    11-11-2018 07:48 PM
    I came from every flagship TMobile offers lol (Jump on Demand, and I use it fully ) I traded a Note 9 in for this little guy.

Wireless Charging - I never used it, never saw the need to buy yet another charger, but I got 36 hours on one charge yesterday so even if I did that trade off would be worth it.

IP Rating - I'm pretty careful with my phones and I live in the desert, so getting my phones wet has never been much of a problem for me.

Headphone - I have 3 pairs of BT headphones that I love. I use wired occasionally for work calls, but the dongle is more than adequate for that.

Camera - The OP has a nice camera, but it's not as good as a Samsung, iPhone, or Pixel in my book for photos. The video is pretty nice. I haven't played with the night mode yet.

Display - Display is fine for me, but I do miss the excellent daylight viewing the Note had. I stream media on it all the time and it suits me just fine.

Speakers - OK Note wins (or any stereo front facing phone) hands down....

Overall - Compared to the Note it does feel a little more 'budget' but I am paying a budget price. I feel I am getting more than my monies worth out of this phone. If I didn't think I could deal with whatever small compromises it comes with, I would have turned it back in today instead of handing my Note over for good
    mumfoau likes this.
    11-11-2018 08:15 PM
    I just switched from a Note 9 to a 6T and so far absolutely don't miss the Note at all.
    As the title says!
    11-11-2018 08:22 PM
    I'm a hundred percent with you, coming to 6T from G6, and although I agree that is an unfair comparison for our retired daily driver since it's 2v years old and can be had for $250 bucks now.

A more interesting comparison is the V40 to the 6T. That is the decision I had to make last week when I made my decision to go with OnePlus. Obviously I can't make a true comparison, but from my research the things the 6T did better than the V40 were the things i coveted the most in a phone, and the things the v40 for better, although cool, weren't on my top priority list.

I wish i could combine the two phones, I'd pay top dollar for that. Until then I'll concede my wireless charging and wide angle lens and know the 6T was the best for me in 2018.
    Yeah, G6 is now dated, but comparing 6T to V40 isn't good either as V40 costs $920 and only 64GB and 6T is $580 and 128GB. After a week with 6T I'm very happy with performance, smooth as butter! Got the 6T for $280 with TMo promo so really happy with phone at that price.
    11-11-2018 08:34 PM
    I was saying compare them because I think they are very comparable even given their price difference. In my mind, the only reason to get the V40 is if you can't live without wireless charging, headphone jack with best in class DAC, or wide angle lens.

Everything else the 6T beats the V40. Price. Unlocked Software experience, software speed, customization, battery life, OS update speed, RAM and storage options. I guess one would say the V40's higher resolution is a pro, but to me i can't tell enough of a difference and I'd rather have the boost in battery life have 6Ts 1080p offers.
    11-11-2018 10:00 PM
    I came from an s9+ and I don't miss it at all. yes the screen isn't quite as sharp but it's still awesome, and the OnePlus 6T is definitely faster
    11-11-2018 10:32 PM
    I came from an s9+ and I don't miss it at all. yes the screen isn't quite as sharp but it's still awesome, and the OnePlus 6T is definitely faster
    When I read about how 6T screen isn't as sharp as the S9+, I just have to wonder what people are using the phone. The 6T is plenty clear and sharp for me. Having "more" sharp just doesn't seem like something I'd really find that useful for my purposes.
    mumfoau likes this.
    11-11-2018 11:14 PM
    I'm coming from an iPhone XS Max which was listed and sold on Swappa yesterday. My iPhone XR will arrive tomorrow. What the 6T has shown me is that I will not be paying anywhere close to $1000 for a phone again.

I find the 6T to be fine from what little bit of a photographer that I am. I've never in life used wireless charging though I have an old Samsung qi charger from an S8 that I had earlier this year. And, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the screen.
    Matt Manahan likes this.
    11-12-2018 06:41 AM
    I'm coming from an iPhone XS Max which was listed and sold on Swappa yesterday. My iPhone XR will arrive tomorrow. What the 6T has shown me is that I will not be paying anywhere close to $1000 for a phone again.

I find the 6T to be fine from what little bit of a photographer that I am. I've never in life used wireless charging though I have an old Samsung qi charger from an S8 that I had earlier this year. And, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the screen.
    But you’re not keeping the 6T? For budget reasons I just can’t see me buying the $1000+ phones. But the XR seems like too much of a compromise where the 6T doesn’t.
    11-12-2018 08:30 AM
    I'm for sure keeping the 6T.
    But you’re not keeping the 6T? For budget reasons I just can’t see me buying the $1000+ phones. But the XR seems like too much of a compromise where the 6T doesn’t.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-12-2018 08:49 AM
    I'm for sure keeping the 6T.
    Ah, dual-wielding? Not sure if I could do that.
    11-12-2018 08:49 AM
    There'll come a time when I want to run an iPhone and I'll have one. Mainly though, it's so I can sync health data from my Apple watch which I'm continuing to wear despite not currently carrying an iPhone.
    Ah, dual-wielding? Not sure if I could do that.
    11-12-2018 08:51 AM
    Have a OnePlus6 and a Sammy Note 9 (got a killer deal off of Craig's List) that I swap between on a regular basis. Love my OP6 for everything it does with an almost pure Android experience without bloatware, and I get regular updates (already running Android Pie 9.0.2) Note 9 screen is what all others are measured by in the Android world IMO, and it clearly has the advantage there over the OP6... The question is are you willing to pay $400 more for a better screen?
    11-12-2018 08:55 AM
    There'll come a time when I want to run an iPhone and I'll have one. Mainly though, it's so I can sync health data from my Apple watch which I'm continuing to wear despite not currently carrying an iPhone.
    Ah. The only thing from Apple I use is my X. So I’m not invested at all. But I still worry about not having the latest and greatest - since I’m a junky.
    mumfoau likes this.
    11-12-2018 09:34 AM
    You have both an XR and a 6T?

11-12-2018 02:26 PM
    Coming from a note 8 and I think the 6T is right up there in some ways with it. Now I'm one of those note users that exactly uses the S pen daily, and I have had times when I needed to screen grab some text, or write down a quick note, and couldn't do it quick as I could on my note.

The big one is battery life. This 6T has been amazing on battery life. I can go almost two days on one charge. On my note 8, I was charging it twice a day. Never used wireless charging like that so that's not a big deal for me. Would have been great for a IP68 water resistance too but whatever. Great device so far.
    11-12-2018 02:38 PM
    My XR will be here tomorrow and I'm shipping out my XS Max tomorrow to the buyer.
    You have both an XR and a 6T?
    11-12-2018 03:05 PM
60 123