Black Friday - T Mobile

socal

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Offering a free OP6T with eligible trade-in and adding a new line, spread out over 24 monthly credits.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
So, they're advertising "free" phones which actually means you buy a phone, with a new contract, and give them your old phone and then they'll slowly refund what you paid for the phone over the course of the next 2 years?

Sounds like... A great offer...

socal

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
No payments on the phone as long as you remain a customer for 24 months. You don't pay up front and then get reimbursed.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Last time it took only one month. That's when they don't enforce it. Wouldn't hold my breath on it. Bad deal this black Friday for T-MOBILE.
I'm curious how long you have to keep the new line though. Sometimes it is only for a few months and then you can cancel it.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Last time it took only one month. That's when they don't enforce it. Wouldn't hold my breath on it. Bad deal this black Friday for T-MOBILE.

I don't know. I don't think it is that bad. I may talk to my buddy that works at T-Mobile and see if I can add a line to my account to get the phone free and cancel my current line. I wouldn't mind changing my number. I have been getting so many spam calls I have been thinking about changing my number anyway.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
been waiting to see what the deal would be for black friday and this sucks in my opinion. If you have to keep the line open for the full 24 months then you end up paying almost as much or more depending on how many lines you have and your plan. Plus you have to give them a working phone. So for me with three lines already, the fourth is $20 a month, plus I give them my Pixel 2 which is worth $400 on swappa and I still pay $240 a year for the line I don't need. Nope.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I did the deal today at T-Mobile. I traded my Pixel XL in. I only had 2 linea on my account and was actually thinking about adding a line to use for work so it worked out and I also got a 4th line for free. So I got 2 lines and the OnePlus 6t for $20/month and trading my Pixel XL.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I did the deal today at T-Mobile. I traded my Pixel XL in. I only had 2 linea on my account and was actually thinking about adding a line to use for work so it worked out and I also got a 4th line for free. So I got 2 lines and the OnePlus 6t for $20/month and trading my Pixel XL.
See that's a way that it works out as a good deal.

wess580

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
been waiting to see what the deal would be for black friday and this sucks in my opinion. If you have to keep the line open for the full 24 months then you end up paying almost as much or more depending on how many lines you have and your plan. Plus you have to give them a working phone. So for me with three lines already, the fourth is $20 a month, plus I give them my Pixel 2 which is worth $400 on swappa and I still pay $240 a year for the line I don't need. Nope.
You can add the line then suspend it ive done that before and it didnt mess with anything

wess580

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Its it shows up as 6 and some change for me been like this for over a year for me and im doing it again for the XRScreenshot_20181116-211634.jpeg

Randy Ohio

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
They are as bad or worse than when they had contracts. I guess the right thing is to switch carriers, because their business model is to give anything to get "new customers". Never just knock down the price on anything.

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site
24 months of a extra line at 10 bucks a month is 240 dollars
the phone costs 580 dollars

and, yet some of you think you dont save anything by adding the line? looks like 340 dollar savings to me..
plus, as someone else said, if it really annoys you, you can suspend the line for as long as you want, to save the 10 dollars; I think they change a small fee to "suspend"..

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
24 months of a extra line at 10 bucks a month is 240 dollars
the phone costs 580 dollars

and, yet some of you think you dont save anything by adding the line? looks like 340 dollar savings to me..
plus, as someone else said, if it really annoys you, you can suspend the line for as long as you want, to save the 10 dollars; I think they change a small fee to "suspend"..

If I give them a phone worth $300 lets say, and pay $240 for that line, I've not really saved anything and I give them a working phone. Its essentially nothing. So why bother with an extra line that I have to pay to not use.

IDK, that's just me, I don't see it the same, to each their own.