Notification sounds.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
So I have a question about notification sounds. On my Pixel I could turn sounds off for some apps and on for others. Is there a way to do that with the oneplus 6t? If there is I can't figure it out.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I get that but if I want emails to make a sound but I don't want Facebook to make a sound I was able to set that up per app on the pixel without having to turn them off for everything. I still want to see the notification just not hear it.

wess580

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Look under apps and notifications click on the ones you dont want to hear hit permission and everything else is self-explanatory

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I figured it out now. I can have sound on or off for specific kinds of notifications in an app rather just generalizing the notifications like the pixel.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I know I can do that but then I get no notifications at all. What if I wanted a silent notification for that app?
With most apps you can select 'no sound' in the general settings (apps & notifications - select app - app notifications - tap the text, not the toggle - sound) or in the app own settings (open the app - three dots top right - settings - notifications - sound - scroll all the way and select none).

morriea

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
You can do it. What I have done is to long press a notification when it comes in. Then hit the 'i' in the circle (upper right) and choose 'notifications' on the information screen that comes up. Now you can choose what you want it to do from the next screen. Choose silent, none, sound, change the sound, etc. Some may have multiple notification channels and you can personalize each channel.
I know I can do that but then I get no notifications at all. What if I wanted a silent notification for that app?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12