6T sim2 IMEI 'not compatible' with Verizon network

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Fyi my sim2 IMEI comes up "device id you entered is not compatible with the Verizon wireless network." Put the same sim in slot one and VZW recognizes the device as a compatible OnePlus 6T (incorrectly saying it's an 8/256GB - actually an 8/128GB Thunder Purple). VZW postpaid account.

Full story: Got my device, pulled sim from my N6P and randomly put it in the sim2 slot of the 6T. Phone recognized VZW, showed VoLTE and signal. Chat to activate CDMA_Less could not locate or activate it. Said they'd have to get back to me. I later tried to self-activate as suggested in #2 on this post by OnePlus staff and the IMEI came back "device id you entered is not compatible with the Verizon wireless network." Got the same result checking it on the VZW bring your own device page. I then tried the IMEI for sim1 and it was recognized as VZW compatible. Swapped the sim into slot 1 and chat was able to activate CDMA_Less almost instantly. Now have full SMS; Have not tried MMS or group yet.

qtrxist

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
This is interesting. My friend have his verizon on sim 2 and it was working for him.

I have mine set up to sim 1. Sim 2 is tmobile.

What kind of verizon sim do you have? V, verizon 4g or verizon 4g lte?

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Ill experiment with this tonight.

Fyi you can go to the 'bring your own device' page on VZW to check. Choose the new customer option and follow prompts to enter the IMEI numbers listed on your box to check. Don't need to swap sims or sim slots. It's not sim dependent - it's whether the IMEI is listed in their system as compatible with Verizon.