Everytime I look at the Secondary Camera...

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I ask why they couldn't have put a wide angle lens like LG. It's literally the only thing i miss.

I thought i would miss wireless charging, but with all day battery life and the fastest charging out there, not a reason to trickle wireless charge. I thought I may miss the headphone jack, but the only time i really plug in is in the car and so far the dongle always stay connected to my aux cord so that hasn't been a problem.

However, I never realized how much i used that wide angle lens on my G6. There hasn't been a day that i have owned the device that i haven't opened the camera trying to get a quick closeup picture or video of my kids and wish i had the wide angle lens to get more in the shot.

Is this a deal breaker? Not really. I'll adapt and figure out the best distance for a spontaneous shot to get the picture I need. Also, everything else about the phone in my experience has been superior in every way. Just shocked me that of all the "compromises" I made to go with the OnePlus phone, wasn't expecting to miss the wide angle lens so much.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I ask why they couldn't have put a wide angle lens like LG. It's literally the only thing i miss.

I thought i would miss wireless charging, but with all day battery life and the fastest charging out there, not a reason to trickle wireless charge. I thought I may miss the headphone jack, but the only time i really plug in is in the car and so far the dongle always stay connected to my aux cord so that hasn't been a problem.

However, I never realized how much i used that wide angle lens on my G6. There hasn't been a day that i have owned the device that i haven't opened the camera trying to get a quick closeup picture or video of my kids and wish i had the wide angle lens to get more in the shot.

Is this a deal breaker? Not really. I'll adapt and figure out the best distance for a spontaneous shot to get the picture I need. Also, everything else about the phone in my experience has been superior in every way. Just shocked me that of all the "compromises" I made to go with the OnePlus phone, wasn't expecting to miss the wide angle lens so much.
You get used to it. I had a G5 & G6 and went to a Pixel 2 eight months ago and after awhile you just adjust. I'm adjusting to the lesser camera quality myself but it's not bad, more than usable.

Like you said, everything else is far and away better than my Pixel 2. Software, hardware, battery life, etc.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, coming from G6 that's one thing I found I miss too. But then after day like yesterday when I used my phone pretty hard all day with over 5 hours of screen on time and ended the day still with battery I'm OK without the wide angle.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Aside from the wide-angle lense, how do you feel the camera on the 1+6T stacks up to the G6? I also came over from the G6 but haven't really had time to test out the camera.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX