I ask why they couldn't have put a wide angle lens like LG. It's literally the only thing i miss.

I thought i would miss wireless charging, but with all day battery life and the fastest charging out there, not a reason to trickle wireless charge. I thought I may miss the headphone jack, but the only time i really plug in is in the car and so far the dongle always stay connected to my aux cord so that hasn't been a problem.

However, I never realized how much i used that wide angle lens on my G6. There hasn't been a day that i have owned the device that i haven't opened the camera trying to get a quick closeup picture or video of my kids and wish i had the wide angle lens to get more in the shot.

Is this a deal breaker? Not really. I'll adapt and figure out the best distance for a spontaneous shot to get the picture I need. Also, everything else about the phone in my experience has been superior in every way. Just shocked me that of all the "compromises" I made to go with the OnePlus phone, wasn't expecting to miss the wide angle lens so much.
    frope01 likes this.
    11-24-2018 09:32 PM
    I ask why they couldn't have put a wide angle lens like LG. It's literally the only thing i miss.

I thought i would miss wireless charging, but with all day battery life and the fastest charging out there, not a reason to trickle wireless charge. I thought I may miss the headphone jack, but the only time i really plug in is in the car and so far the dongle always stay connected to my aux cord so that hasn't been a problem.

However, I never realized how much i used that wide angle lens on my G6. There hasn't been a day that i have owned the device that i haven't opened the camera trying to get a quick closeup picture or video of my kids and wish i had the wide angle lens to get more in the shot.

Is this a deal breaker? Not really. I'll adapt and figure out the best distance for a spontaneous shot to get the picture I need. Also, everything else about the phone in my experience has been superior in every way. Just shocked me that of all the "compromises" I made to go with the OnePlus phone, wasn't expecting to miss the wide angle lens so much.
    You get used to it. I had a G5 & G6 and went to a Pixel 2 eight months ago and after awhile you just adjust. I'm adjusting to the lesser camera quality myself but it's not bad, more than usable.

Like you said, everything else is far and away better than my Pixel 2. Software, hardware, battery life, etc.
    11-25-2018 12:54 AM
    Yeah, coming from G6 that's one thing I found I miss too. But then after day like yesterday when I used my phone pretty hard all day with over 5 hours of screen on time and ended the day still with battery I'm OK without the wide angle.
    11-25-2018 05:36 AM
    Aside from the wide-angle lense, how do you feel the camera on the 1+6T stacks up to the G6? I also came over from the G6 but haven't really had time to test out the camera.
    11-25-2018 05:26 PM
    Aside from the wide-angle lense, how do you feel the camera on the 1+6T stacks up to the G6? I also came over from the G6 but haven't really had time to test out the camera.
    I'm happy enough with it.
    jchapman01 likes this.
    11-25-2018 06:44 PM