Good morning everyone

I have the 6T and since I got it there's something bothering me with the screen, its become greenish if am facing it with an angle. Like when im setting on a chair and the phone is on the desk the top part of the phone has a different color than lower part.

Here is some pictures.

Is it normal or i have to return it?. I got from Saudi Arabia One plus Authorized distributor, which is A UK version.

Thanks
    11-25-2018 03:08 AM
    If it's still under warranty I would always exchange it if I had any doubts about it working correctly. If you don't you will regret not taking action if it gets worse in the future.
    11-25-2018 05:32 AM
    That's not an issue with the screen, just a characteristic at that angle.IPS and TN LCD screens are much worse when viewing at other than perpendicular angles. That's one reason AMOLED have excelled. At extreme angles you'll get odd behavior like you've demonstrated.

If it's not that way in normal viewing then it's not an issue. Mine looks the same at those angles.
    11-25-2018 10:51 AM
    Uuuh what a relief . I spent 3 days organizing the phone and today i thought about return it.

Thank you soo much

That's not an issue with the screen, just a characteristic at that angle.IPS and TN LCD screens are much worse when viewing at other than perpendicular angles. That's one reason AMOLED have excelled. At extreme angles you'll get odd behavior like you've demonstrated.

If it's not that way in normal viewing then it's not an issue. Mine looks the same at those angles.
    11-25-2018 10:54 AM

Of my 4 IPS screen devices, not 1 has that colour effect at acute angles, the screen is just dimmer.
    11-25-2018 10:58 AM
    Odd behavior was a generalized blanket statement. I didn't state that IPS and AMOLED have similar behavior. You can research the different characteristic of each technology on your own if your curious. His issue is specific to the 6T screen type.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/Appl...tilted_id99583

Edit: oops, wrong link

https://www.google.com/amp/s/arstech...right/%3famp=1
    11-25-2018 11:32 AM
    Odd behavior was a generalized blanket statement. I didn't state that IPS and AMOLED have similar behavior. You can research the different characteristic of each technology on your own if your curious. His issue is specific to the 6T screen type.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/Appl...tilted_id99583
    Hopefully there is another 6T owner who can check their screen. Maybe it's just a poor screen design.
    11-25-2018 11:38 AM
    Could also be due to the screen protector that is included on the device out of the box. At an angle my 6T has slight shift to blue that's it. I replaced the included film with a glass screen protector.
    11-25-2018 11:48 AM
    I have a feeling that the screen on the 6T is AMOLED not LCD.??
    recDNA likes this.
    11-25-2018 11:52 AM
    Might help.
    I800C0LLECT and recDNA like this.
    11-25-2018 11:59 AM
    It is an AMOLED screen.
    11-25-2018 12:02 PM
    I thought we all knew it was AMOLED. Color shift is something that happens with AMOLED screens when looking off angle. At extreme angles it becomes much more obvious. iPhones have blue shift. Pixels have had blue shift. The S8 had red shift, etc etc. Go read up on it. It's not unusual. Some screens are worse than others and I won't get into why. It's all over the internet... Just go look it up

Our phones have a Samsung AMOLED screen.
    11-25-2018 12:14 PM
    Could also be due to the screen protector that is included on the device out of the box. At an angle my 6T has slight shift to blue that's it. I replaced the included film with a glass screen protector.
    This is another very good reason for the shift. Glass acts as a filter.
    11-25-2018 12:16 PM
    I have tried tilting my screen. Now, granted, I have a bit of red/green color blindness, so i got my wife to look as well. There definitely is a green color shift on mine. It isn't bad and only at crazy angles that i would never actually use the phone.

I am a crazy techie that overanalyzes everything, and I never noticed this until I read this post. I would say if everything else on the phone is in good working order, just go with it.
    11-25-2018 02:31 PM
    I thought so.
    11-28-2018 11:33 AM
    you sure it's not the pre installed screen protector causing this ?
    Kodak2 likes this.
    11-28-2018 11:53 AM
    I just checked my screen from these angles and I can confirm that mine looks exactly the same from these angles. I have the pre-installed screen guard still on.
    11-28-2018 12:34 PM
    I have the protective on as well. I have a few scratches on it so i may take it off soon and replace it with a Skinomi that i just bought. I'll update after I do this (may be a week or so).
    11-30-2018 10:26 AM