This isn't a thread to start any debate about what is or isn't better but given the removal of the headphone jack on the 6T, is this any indication future OnePlus phones will no longer have it included? Has this been confirmed by OnePlus? Or will this just apply for the T versions?
    11-25-2018 03:34 PM
    I don't see how companies will revert back once they take it out. I think they used the new tech of in display fingerprint sensor to mask / soften the blow of the removal, but now that it's done and they've already started selling their usb c buds, I think they are sold out to it. For those that it's a must have, hopefully LG and Samsung will keep it. But for the majority, I think although it will take some adjustment, life without the 3.5 is here and it's not a huge deal.
    11-25-2018 05:12 PM
    it's a trend I think stated a little too early. I figured it'd go away at some point but not this early and fast.
    11-25-2018 08:16 PM
    This isn't a thread to start any debate about what is or isn't better but given the removal of the headphone jack on the 6T, is this any indication future OnePlus phones will no longer have it included? Has this been confirmed by OnePlus? Or will this just apply for the T versions?
    I'm not keen on headphone jacks, I've been using BT headphones for years. Manufactures can give bigger batteries without the jack.
    02-11-2019 07:17 AM
    I honestly don't care. I use either LDAC or aptx Bluetooth headphones which sounds good, or I use wired headphones with a USB DAC and amp. I'm probably one of the .5% or less that actually use USB OTG for audio.

At home for audio I either use Bluetooth or Chromecast.
    pontiac005 likes this.
    02-11-2019 07:42 PM
    It ain't coming back. Time to invest in USB-C o or Bluetooth... Or an adapter if you've already got a set of 3.5mm ones you like.
    ironass and pontiac005 like this.
    02-12-2019 02:46 PM
    I just don't have a dog in the hunt with the headphone jack situation. I rarely use the headphone jack anyway. The few times I do, the USB C works just fine. I get the appeal of using the 2.5 headphone jack in the few times you need to charge and listen, but that's just not an issue I run into.

I think Headphone jacks are gone for good.
    02-18-2019 12:35 PM