End of the headphone jack?

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
This isn't a thread to start any debate about what is or isn't better but given the removal of the headphone jack on the 6T, is this any indication future OnePlus phones will no longer have it included? Has this been confirmed by OnePlus? Or will this just apply for the T versions?

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't see how companies will revert back once they take it out. I think they used the new tech of in display fingerprint sensor to mask / soften the blow of the removal, but now that it's done and they've already started selling their usb c buds, I think they are sold out to it. For those that it's a must have, hopefully LG and Samsung will keep it. But for the majority, I think although it will take some adjustment, life without the 3.5 is here and it's not a huge deal.

veg_biryani

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
This isn't a thread to start any debate about what is or isn't better but given the removal of the headphone jack on the 6T, is this any indication future OnePlus phones will no longer have it included? Has this been confirmed by OnePlus? Or will this just apply for the T versions?

I'm not keen on headphone jacks, I've been using BT headphones for years. Manufactures can give bigger batteries without the jack.

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I honestly don't care. I use either LDAC or aptx Bluetooth headphones which sounds good, or I use wired headphones with a USB DAC and amp. I'm probably one of the .5% or less that actually use USB OTG for audio.

At home for audio I either use Bluetooth or Chromecast.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It ain't coming back. Time to invest in USB-C o or Bluetooth... Or an adapter if you've already got a set of 3.5mm ones you like.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I just don't have a dog in the hunt with the headphone jack situation. I rarely use the headphone jack anyway. The few times I do, the USB C works just fine. I get the appeal of using the 2.5 headphone jack in the few times you need to charge and listen, but that's just not an issue I run into.

I think Headphone jacks are gone for good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12