How do I change the default alarm in Android Pie?

BrandonBELB365

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
I have a OnePlus 6T, and use the alarm at least five times a day for reminders, but it always defaults to"spring" for the alarm sound. I only use the very loud alarm clock sound, and pick it for every alarm, but I can't seem to set it to be the default sound. I had no problem setting it to default on my 5T running Oreo, but doesn't work in Pie for some reason. Does anyone have any suggestions besides installing a new clock app?

rishi guru

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Download Fx file explorer and move your desired song to the "Alarms" folder in your main storage. Then long press on the music>click the three dotted menu>set as ringtone. It will ask for some permissions to modify the system. Please allow that for the file explorer and then repeat the process again. Then it will take you to three options out of which one will be Alarms. I hoped it helped.

Last edited:

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Download Fx file explorer and move your desired song to the "Alarms" folder in your main storage. Then long press on the music>click the three dotted menu>set as ringtone. It will ask for some permissions to modify the system. Please allow that for the file explorer and then repeat the process again. Then it will take you to three options out of which one will be Alarms. I hoped it helped.

Thanks! Needed to know this also.