Is it super sensitive for anyone else? Sitting in the console of my car it lights up sometimes hitting bumps or if I set something on my desk near it.
    11-27-2018 10:21 PM
    Is it super sensitive for anyone else? Sitting in the console of my car it lights up sometimes hitting bumps or if I set something on my dear near it.
    Yes my 6 is lol
    11-27-2018 10:54 PM
    But that's exactly what you want IMO. The pixel XL had an ambient display that often didn't activate with a hard nudge, or even when I lifted it off a desk. The Moto X had the same highly sensitive ambient display as the op6t and I always liked how Moto implemented ambient display
    frope01 likes this.
    11-28-2018 12:14 AM
    But that's exactly what you want IMO. The pixel XL had an ambient display that often didn't activate with a hard nudge, or even when I lifted it off a desk. The Moto X had the same highly sensitive ambient display as the op6t and I always liked how Moto implemented ambient display
    Right I agree, and that's fine except when you want to use the lock screen gestures for say the flashlight and you pull the phone out of your pocket and the screen won't shut off lol. Guess I have to pick which feature I like more.
    11-28-2018 06:17 AM
    My 6t does the same thing in my car too.
    11-28-2018 10:25 PM
    I couldn't take it anymore. Turned the lift to wake off. Thing was constantly flickering when driving. I now have it set to one tap for ambient which gets me the finger print sensor and the power button to wake and use face unlock. Gives some separation because I was also having times where I'd double tap to check the time or something and the phone would unlock. Now it's just a tap or a button press and I still have it set to wake on notifications.
    12-02-2018 10:39 AM
    Right I agree, and that's fine except when you want to use the lock screen gestures for say the flashlight and you pull the phone out of your pocket and the screen won't shut off lol. Guess I have to pick which feature I like more.
    Gestures work while ambient display is on. I just tried it and can confirm my light turns on when I draw a V on the screen while ambient display is on.
    12-02-2018 10:49 AM
    Gestures work while ambient display is on. I just tried it and can confirm my light turns on when I draw a V on the screen while ambient display is on.
    Yep you are right. I just did it on mine too. I was having trouble getting it to work earlier with the screen completely off and I think I was going to fast.

Still, I kind of don't miss the constant flickering of my display.
    Lepa79 likes this.
    12-02-2018 08:18 PM
    Yep you are right. I just did it on mine too. I was having trouble getting it to work earlier with the screen completely off and I think I was going to fast.

Still, I kind of don't miss the constant flickering of my display.
    I was picking up groceries this evening. Phone was on the cereal box in the cart. Screen was on and off the entire time I was pushing the cart. Kind of liked it cause I didn't have to pick up the phone to see if wife wants something at the last minute lol
    12-02-2018 08:22 PM
    I was picking up groceries this evening. Phone was on the cereal box in the cart. Screen was on and off the entire time I was pushing the cart. Kind of liked it cause I didn't have to pick up the phone to see if wife wants something at the last minute lol
    Lol, there is a valid justification for it there!
    Lepa79 likes this.
    12-02-2018 09:35 PM