Screen Protector

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I thought I read somewhere that the OnePlus 6T unlocked comes with a built in screen protector. Is that true and how does it hold up?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello! Yes, according to OnePlus' website, the 6T does come with a screen protector! That's pretty cool! As far as its quality and protection, I am unsure; but I am sure that other users who know will chime in soon!

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I thought I read somewhere that the OnePlus 6T unlocked comes with a built in screen protector. Is that true and how does it hold up?
A week of use and I don't even see it. It's like it's not there. I say works pretty good.

YMarkY

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
All OnePlus 6T come with a screen protector installed. Has nothing to do with it being unlocked and it isn't "built in". It's a plastic screen protector that was installed in the factory.

That said, I removed mine because it is a finger print magnet and smudges easily. The bare screen is much nicer and smoother.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
A week of use and I don't even see it. It's like it's not there. I say works pretty good.

Sounds like it's pretty cool, then! And at least if users want to buy a different screen protector, they'll be protected until they can purchase a new one! :)

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like it's pretty cool, then! And at least if users want to buy a different screen protector, they'll be protected until they can purchase a new one! :)
That's what I was thinking. I try to keep my phones in the best condition because I do resell them about once a year and condition is everything if you want top dollar. Now that I know it has a screen protector I don't feel as pressure to find one right away.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
So I've had mine for a couple weeks. OnePlus really is winning me over not just with the phone and all the great software enhancements but also putting a screen protector and case in the box. That's huge, you don't have to love either but at least your phone is protected until you get one. I've heard so many stories over the years of people dropping their phone in the parking lot leaving the store or a couple days after getting it because they we're waiting for a case from Amazon or something and didn't want to get ripped off at the store for $40 on a case that costs $5. I think it's a great idea and goes a long way for me at least in OnePlus caring about their customers.

As far r the screen protector itself, it feels a touch plastic but it's not as bad as some of the soft plastic ones I've had and doesn't bother me at all. I like that I didn't have to buy one and put it on.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
So I've had mine for a couple weeks. OnePlus really is winning me over not just with the phone and all the great software enhancements but also putting a screen protector and case in the box. That's huge, you don't have to love either but at least your phone is protected until you get one. I've heard so many stories over the years of people dropping their phone in the parking lot leaving the store or a couple days after getting it because they we're waiting for a case from Amazon or something and didn't want to get ripped off at the store for $40 on a case that costs $5. I think it's a great idea and goes a long way for me at least in OnePlus caring about their customers.

As far r the screen protector itself, it feels a touch plastic but it's not as bad as some of the soft plastic ones I've had and doesn't bother me at all. I like that I didn't have to buy one and put it on.
Not to mention the perfect bubble free application. I love that 1+ had that on out of the box and a case too. Using both and love it. Don't need another case.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Not to mention the perfect bubble free application. I love that 1+ had that on out of the box and a case too. Using both and love it. Don't need another case.
Yeah, no bubbles, dirt or lint is awesome.

I can live with the case but it's a bit slippery. Probably going to order something different soon.

TDUBS219

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I just installed a PureGear tempered glass protector with my Spigen Liquid Armour case. I have to say it is worth the money to spend to get a protector that won't bubble, lift or collect finger prints. Just make sure you align it as best as you can with the edges before it reaches the black border and you're good.

Luckily with PureGear, they have the whole tray and set/press installation instead of having to align it yourself. I had the stock one on for a few days but you have to understand that it's a scratch resistant protector, not glass that will help with impact to the screen.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I just installed a PureGear tempered glass protector with my Spigen Liquid Armour case. I have to say it is worth the money to spend to get a protector that won't bubble, lift or collect finger prints. Just make sure you align it as best as you can with the edges before it reaches the black border and you're good.

Luckily with PureGear, they have the whole tray and set/press installation instead of having to align it yourself. I had the stock one on for a few days but you have to understand that it's a scratch resistant protector, not glass that will help with impact to the screen.

A fitting tray for a screen protector is one of those ideas that makes you wonder why no one came up with it before.

I checked though and they don't seem to offer them for any OnePlus phones (was hoping they'd have them for my OnePlus 5 and Nintendo Switch, alas they have neither).

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

You are absolutely right! When I buy a new phone now (usually online) and buy screen protectors (again, usually online), I am almost always waiting for accessories to come in. I would sometimes put my phones in a plastic bag to protect the glass until my screen protectors would arrive! And applying the screen protectors themselves, though I'm a little better at it now, is still very long and stressful. So I really like that OnePlus has done this for its customers. It really shows that they care. Even if you don't like the case/screen protector, at least you are protected until your chosen accessories arrive!

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site

100%. I used to work for AT&T and PureGear has always been my favorite screen protector to sell. People would always come in with protector's purchased on Amazon and ask us to install them (and they'd always get mad if there was a bubble or lint). With the PureGear system it was a breeze. And if you think the tray they send out to customers is cool, you should see the commercial version--it's a beast!

I'm still rocking the factory installed screen guard, but looking at PureGear's tempered glass when I feel it's time for an upgrade.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site

I've seen this happen too many times to count. It was always painful (if even a little funny sometimes) if they declined the insurance during the sale and they dropped the phone on the concrete outside.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I've seen this happen too many times to count. It was always painful (if even a little funny sometimes) if they declined the insurance during the sale and they dropped the phone on the concrete outside.
My brother in law did it with his S7 two days after he got it on release day. He's to cheap to pay for the insurance and had a case ordered on Amazon but also wouldn't pay from prime or faster shipping so it was like over a week before the case came. He got lucky and it landed on the back and broke only the back. He's had it in the case ever since and never had it fixed or replaced lol.

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Bought the Skinomi two pack weeks ago while waiting for the official to come out. Decided to stay with the preapplied until it got scratched up. It did have it's fair share of small scratches, but mostly it was just kind of hazy and very smudgy. Decided to just put the Skinomi on.

Obviously this isn't a glass protector, so if you are a glass only kind of person this isn't for you. But if you didn't mind the original screen protector feel, you would love the Skinomi. Easy to apply and align. No black bars on the outside that if you mess up alignment will cover the screen. Most of all it's very good at staying clear and repelling fingerprints.

In my opinion, if you wanted a screen protector but didn't want to pay the higher price for puregear or the official, this is the best choice.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
My brother in law did it with his S7 two days after he got it on release day. He's to cheap to pay for the insurance and had a case ordered on Amazon but also wouldn't pay from prime or faster shipping so it was like over a week before the case came. He got lucky and it landed on the back and broke only the back. He's had it in the case ever since and never had it fixed or replaced lol.

Lol, that sounds like my dad. Always used to say that insurance was a scam. I guess he kinda rubbed off on my growing up because I didn't get insurance this time either. :-\

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie