Verizon Sim Card slot issues

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
So I got the phone yesterday and everything was working perfectly except for the texting coming so I called Verizon and had them the cdma_less feature. After that my text came flooding in. So I used the phone all day and later on I lost signal completely. So I shut my phone off and on multiple times and I would get LTE but no voice over LTE so I couldn't make phone calls and then my phone signal stopped again.

I called technical support and they did a bunch of resets on the network side and still couldn't get it working so they suggested that I get a new SIM card. I got a new SIM card and still didn't work so I called technical support again and they went through a bunch of things with me and finally they had me move it over to SIM card slot 2. They did get it going and SIM card slot 2 but I've also read people online having troubles with this lot and they moved it over to SIM card slot 1 on Verizon.

Has anyone else had this issue and what slot are you using? I'm worried that it's going to happen again. Thanks in advance.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Bring the phone in to Verizon (to a company store) and ask an associate to please get it straightened out for you. If they can't, ask them to cancel the account. If they can't provide service, they broke the contract, so there's no fee. (If they want to get Retention involved, that's fine - get a few months of free service if they can get the account straightened out and get both SIM slots working.)

Andrew_404

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Never mind I saw your post earlier from 4 days ago. I've been testing out a company called US Mobile a Verizon MVNO user on my 1+6 non T version. Supposingly, the regular one plus 6 does not support band 13 & 4 like the 6T. Well , what's really is interesting is how come I can remove my work Verizon Sim (iPhone) put into the One Plus 6 and everything works great. Calls, internet and text / MMS.

As a tester on my own accord, I tried to trick the US Mobile SIM card by signing up my iPhone setting everything up and then transfer to my One Plus 6. I cannot make calls and or send text messages (well it takes over 3 minutes for a regular text to go through).

Anyway, I called US Mobile and they explained there's a huge issue with Verizon's network with One Plus.

In case you're wondering, while I had my work Verizon Sim in the one plus 6, I looked at the LTE bands. My phone was connected to band 5. I use LTE discovery app which shows you what bands are available.

Anyway, good luck. I hope they figure it out soon.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the long response. As of right now putting it in the second SIM slot has been working good so far. Hopefully it stays like that. Just wondering what others are using.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692