Google apps

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so i currently have a Verizon Galaxy S8 and I can't wait to get it unlocked oneplus6t 128 gig of gig of ram model! literally the only question I have about the phone literally since it's unlocked, is is it easy to uninstall the stock photo application and replace with Google photos? Thanks for any feedback!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Don't quote me on that but I don't think you can replace it with Google Photos. You can install Google Photos and use that, but the stock one will still be there and be the default 'Gallery' app.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Gotcha, already. Thanks for the input. You know I just want to tell you that as far as Internet forums go you're a very nice, and helpful person! As you can hopefully tell I'm a pro computer Guy so it's nice when people have an understanding over the Internet haha! Regardless, I can't wait to get the oneplus6t!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that! :) We try to help as much as we can! :) You might be able to find a ROM that has replaced the stock app with Photos (or maybe even Photos is already the stock app on an OP phone? don't know, never used one).

Personally, I don't like the Photos app for my Gallery, but that's just me. I do use it because obviously cloud back up rules, but that's about it. I hate that they removed the ability to just sync when on WiFi/Charging or that you can't delete individual copies now without syncing the deletion across locations, though...

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Okay, so i currently have a Verizon Galaxy S8 and I can't wait to get it unlocked oneplus6t 128 gig of gig of ram model! literally the only question I have about the phone literally since it's unlocked, is is it easy to uninstall the stock photo application and replace with Google photos? Thanks for any feedback!
I have google photos installed. You can disable the stock gallery. Not sure why you want to do that though. It is very light and not in the way.

Also, OnePlus has their own contacts, and messaging apps. Also clock lol.

Don't ask me why but they do. I am using all of them as they are light and fast. So Gallery app is not your only worry lol.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I switched from the same service and the same device. If you have any questions feel free to message me

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Here you go...

Settings, Apps & Notifications, default apps.... Gallery.

Then choose which app is default
6740b2de2c43548283a82ed27766b046.jpg
Screenshot_20181210-193100.jpeg
1e311f92a188a01effdbb56f39d28caf.jpg
8a2be0e765e2f8abd7981d2587cf14fd.jpg

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I want to thank everyone for all the help so far! Massive massive thanks! yeah I've never owned the OnePlus phone whatsoever like most Americans haven't unless you've gone unlocked from the previous phones of course! I was going to get a pixel 3 XL, but as much of a googler as I am, Google has never been able to produce beautiful looking hardware unfortunately yes, I know that the cameras on Pixel phones are the best in the industry there's no arguing that, but that notch is freaking ugly as hell! I don't care how many selfie cameras are on the front haha. the teardrop notch on the oneplus6t is beautiful looking as far as nachos to go very minimal and the OS tweaks from oxygen OS look great! And everyone's right everything looks light, speedy and just smooth as butter! the reason I asked about Google apps of course is because I'm used to core Google applications. The fact that I can set him as default is great. as far as the you I have a Google photos, I've just grown accustomed to it. I'm not opposed to trying something else but yeah the cloud backup is obviously essential. I mean as far as the Galaxy S8 is concerned, I don't hate on any phone, but for I geek like myself, Galaxy phones that are marketed like iPhones unfortunately. They don't get speedy updates as everyone here knows which is why I can't wait to leave it and get the 6t! I do believe that the super AMOLED screen in the camera on the Galaxy S8 is good, but it's not a necessity for me to have a great looking screen my eyes probably can't tell the difference between that and what the 6t has same thing as a camera. I care much more about the OS!

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
6T is a beast. I had many Samsung phones and have Note 9 now in addition to 6T. Screen is beautiful on 6T. I can't really tell the difference. The notch is sexy looking. Best notch implementation hands down.

You will like it. OOS makes this phone a pleasure to use.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
also if you dont use the 1+6 default apps dark theme wont apply to the app you substituted it for , if you like to keep it all dark themed out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze