native text app

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I use Android Messages and it handles group messaging just fine. It also has web messaging that lets me text from my computer's web browser. easy peasy.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone who uses the stock messaging app the phone comes with how the group texting is? I saw in a YouTube video they guy said it only sends them to people individually. Is that still true?
L

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone who uses the stock messaging app the phone comes with how the group texting is? I saw in a YouTube video they guy said it only sends them to people individually. Is that still true?
L

Good texting works perfectly fine for me. I use it everyday

mairmann

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
group texting is grand if you want to just pick out a few names from your phonebook, but doesn't work if you have groups set up and want to choose a group its not possible

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Textra, I used the stock for a couple days just to give it a fair shake but switched to Textra after that. The stock app was actually ok, way less cutesy and annoying that samsung's or LG's. I could live with it if I had to but Textra is just superior.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
group texting is grand if you want to just pick out a few names from your phonebook, but doesn't work if you have groups set up and want to choose a group its not possible

I got a group text yesterday from my sister who got a new phone number and put me on a group text with a bunch of people I don't know or want to. Thank god Textra has a mute conversation function.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations on your new OnePlus 6T! I would recommend downloading Textra - it has a ton of customization features available and the app development support is really great. The Pro version doesn't cost much and it's well worth it!

mairmann

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone tell me what the max number of people you can send a group text to on Textra? I was trying to send a message to 40 people but it kept failing but when i reduced it to 10 it worked

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Have you noticed that people get individual messages from your group conversation? My siblings-in-law complained about that so I switched over to Android messages, which solved the problem.

I cant remember last time I was in a group chat lol....so I wouldn't know .
I guess I'm not as popular as some of my friends and family ..Haha

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I was going to try the stock app but I noticed when opening up certain conversations (like over 10k messages) it opens slow and takes time for the convo to pop up

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I was going to try the stock app but I noticed when opening up certain conversations (like over 10k messages) it opens slow and takes time for the convo to pop up
Ah ok oh no! Hahaha. Like I said, Textra has been really great regarding texting, sending pictures, pop up notifications, and customization!

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I just read through this thread again and see a lot of talk about customization. What is it that you're customizing so in your text app?