native text app

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I just read through this thread again and see a lot of talk about customization. What is it that you're customizing so in your text app?
I'm assuming different alert tones, colors, etc...for each person.

I do that as well and have since switched over to Textra as well. Textra is awesome and I'm still on the free version lol.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
oh, you're right! Google messages works absolutely fine. But I'm personally, think that the notifications are a little lackluster, and furthermore, overall customizations of the application are lackluster. However, that's just my own opinionated view point of view Google's application. I use every other Google application regardless...

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yep, you can totally use the stick sms app or Android messages without issue. Textra just takes the options and customization to another level that frankly is hard to beat.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
question I see a lot of use Textra for sms app does it get back up like the native sms app or by goggle cloud?

lmmillard

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
What's the difference between free Textra and Pro version? For some reason I can't seem to find how to upgrade! looked everywhere within the app. Use and love Textra!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
basically, the pro version of Textra just has no ads in it. The basic version has an advertisement as the first message. It got annoying to me.

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
If I use Google messenger, it will break up my texts into several messages. I use pulse to convert it to an MMS
Unfortunately ATT has a deep hatred for RCS and for technological progress, so they don't do anything about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz