Oneplus6t McLaren edition

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so everyone obviously knows about the new McLaren edition of the oneplus6t. $700 10 gigs of RAM 256 gig storage. Unless you really need all that localized onboard storage 10 gigs of RAM seems. a little Overkill and it's $120 more expensive than 128 gig ram model. For That price just get the model I plan on getting around 580 and call it a day right? I I mean don't get me wrong, the orange looks cool, but just put an orange case on it. What does everyone think about this?

LeiChat

Dec 11, 2018
Visit site
Having not owned an Android phone before, I'm very keen to understand how useful that extra 2GB of RAM is currently and might be in a couple of years time.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, I know for a fact that OnePlus has an overboost function of the operating system for the extra ram but I also know for a fact that stock Android is such a light footprint anyways that it's really not needed to begin with. That's why I'm planning to buy 8 gig of RAM model.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Anyone know if we would be able to use the new warp charger with our current 6t? Or is there a change in something in the phone as well other than the charging brick?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Anyone know if we would be able to use the new warp charger with our current 6t? Or is there a change in something in the phone as well other than the charging brick?
Seems like just a charger technology but I am not totally sure. Just speculation on my end

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The faster the better hehehe. Welcome technological advancement. Wonder how much that charger going to cost.
Hahaha yeah true that! At the end of the day it's all relative... I mean faster is, better but it's all about the price as well...

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Having not owned an Android phone before, I'm very keen to understand how useful that extra 2GB of RAM is currently and might be in a couple of years time.

That's a bit of a complicated and controversial question... Buy the simple, short answer is it isn't really useful and you shouldn't really consider it when choosing a phone

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm more interested in the charger than the phone... If anyone finds the actual specifications for it I'd be grateful i of a share.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I thought that's like there Porsche edition ? Its different with the specs and color option .
It is. You're right. I also can't justify spending an extra $120 for it. I mean it looks cool, but I'm just going to be putting a case on it regardless ya know?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
True, but I'd be happy with the regular 6T charger!

I was interested if they've changed it to 6 amps (which they apparently have) or increased the voltage.

The old 20W charger is good, but they've been using the same one since the 3 so a refresh is interesting... At least more interesting to me than a phone with a car sticker on the back lol, if i wanted that I'd ask my friends 5 year old kid to customise it for me!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I was interested if they've changed it to 6 amps (which they apparently have) or increased the voltage.

The old 20W charger is good, but they've been using the same one since the 3 so a refresh is interesting... At least more interesting to me than a phone with a car sticker on the back lol, if i wanted that I'd ask my friends 5 year old kid to customise it for me!
Ah, gotcha. I mean the dash charging should even fast though for me.

TDUBS219

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The thing is, the OP6T flagship variants are the ones they have now. The McLaren edition is just an add-on to make more sales and allow the owners of that phone to have bragging rights. For the price it is and the specs it has, it's still ~$200 less than the Note 9.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The thing is, the OP6T flagship variants are the ones they have now. The McLaren edition is just an add-on to make more sales and allow the owners of that phone to have bragging rights. For the price it is and the specs it has, it's still ~$200 less than the Note 9.
I agree with you 100%. Mostly for bragging rights!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC