Oneplus6t McLaren edition

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
It's maybe worth considering for anyone who wants 256gb and does not like midnight black (like me)

Honestly though adding wireless rather than warp charging would have been more appealing at least to me.

LeiChat

Dec 11, 2018
Visit site
Honestly though adding wireless rather than warp charging would have been more appealing at least to me.
I hadn't noticed the 6t doesn't have wireless charging. :'( Just assumed it would have.

Still amazed at the features my Nokia 950 had that 2/3 years later are still missing from other manufacturer's devices that are more expensive. Iris recognition, wireless charging, removable battery, removable storage, 20MP camera.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I hadn't noticed the 6t doesn't have wireless charging. :'( Just assumed it would have.

Still amazed at the features my Nokia 950 had that 2/3 years later are still missing from other manufacturer's devices that are more expensive. Iris recognition, wireless charging, removable battery, removable storage, 20MP camera.

You have to bear in mind that most of those things that were common in 2014 and 2015 have been intentionally left out of many devices for actual reasons.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You have to bear in mind that most of those things that were common in 2014 and 2015 have been intentionally left out of many devices for actual reasons.
Even more so, wireless charging in general I feel is a gimmick. It's nice to play with but not really functional at the end of the day. I'd rather have dash charging wire plugged. I'm more excited about the 3700 mAh battery.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Even more so, wireless charging in general I feel is a gimmick. It's nice to play with but not really functional at the end of the day. I'd rather have dash charging wire plugged. I'm more excited about the 3700 mAh battery.

Exactly. Wireless charging was pretty cool and occasionally useful back in 2015, but with the fast charging available now it's basically total crap. Adding 2 hours to your charge time to save 3 seconds plugging a cable in doesn't seem very efficient.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. Wireless charging was pretty cool and occasionally useful back in 2015, but with the fast charging available now it's basically total crap. Adding 2 hours to your charge time to save 3 seconds plugging a cable in doesn't seem very efficient.
Oh yeah absolutely. I mean it sounds like a cool idea, but the execution sucks basically.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Really?

Just shows different things appeal to different people, I use wireless charging almost exclusively and have pucks all over the place, love it!

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Really?

Just shows different things appeal to different people, I use wireless charging almost exclusively and have pucks all over the place, love it!

Yeah I don't get it. I have a wireless charging stands by my bed and at my desk at work. Battery life is so good compared to what it used to be that fast charging isn't that important anymore.

On my note 9 I actually plug the charging port, I never use it. I use my phone alot and the battery life is great but I also place my phone on my charging stand at work.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site

Dude, the 950 was great! I miss my Nokia 920 and the 1520 I got later. I still have my 920 wireless charger and still used it on my LG G6 up until I traded it in for the OP6T.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah I don't get it. I have a wireless charging stands by my bed and at my desk at work. Battery life is so good compared to what it used to be that fast charging isn't that important anymore.

On my note 9 I actually plug the charging port, I never use it. I use my phone alot and the battery life is great but I also place my phone on my charging stand at work.

I agree..

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site

Oh, of course comparing wireless charging vs Dash charging, Dash charging will win out every time. especially with the battery life the OP6T has. But not all phones have such great battery life or charging speed. A lot of phones have horrendous battery life and topping up the phone just by setting it on a pad is a preferable solution for a lot of people.

I would rather just plop my phone down on a pad to charge all day and pick it up when I need to make a call, than have to dig around under my work station for the charging cable every time I need to plug it back in. And now that some phones support fast wireless charging, it's even better.

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Oh, of course comparing wireless charging vs Dash charging, Dash charging will win out every time. especially with the battery life the OP6T has. But not all phones have such great battery life or charging speed. A lot of phones have horrendous battery life and topping up the phone just by setting it on a pad is a preferable solution for a lot of people.

I would rather just plop my phone down on a pad to charge all day and pick it up when I need to make a call, than have to dig around under my work station for the charging cable every time I need to plug it back in. And now that some phones support fast wireless charging, it's even better.

It's the phones with bad battery life that need wired charging most. They need as much energy as possible as quickly as possible, and benefit from the ability to be used while charging.

But you do you. My experience after using wireless charging for a few years and then switching away was that I hadn't realised how bad an experience wireless charging was, but everyone has different needs and it might be perfect for yours.

is there a licencing cost for qi?

Probably, plus the coil has a cost not just financially but in terms of physical space.

But OnePlus have actually said they don't offer wireless charging because it's a significantly interior experience compared to Dash charge (or in this case Warp charge) and, if it's not obvious yet, I agree with them.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the fast-charging seems amazing on the 6T! you know, another thing that I have OnePlus does exceptionally well with their phones with oxygen OS on stock Android, they allow a complete dark theme, plus customization within the OS. I know that YouTube video say it constantly, but it's the truth. Ever since I bought my Galaxy S8, I tried to customize the system on it disable TouchWiz excetera excetera this phone does not like to be customized at all unless it's in Samsung world! Drives me absolutely bonkers and nuts! Divide that OnePlus let you hide the battery icon answering system tweaks says a lot! Things that not even Google does with the pixel phone to be honest with you!

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I really liked the Google wallpapers app and my S8+ wouldn't work with the app. Installed and working without issue now. I thought Google was blocking it from non-pixel users. I guess not? But I'm happy they're working.

Lots of very good things with the 6t
103d031f11a2168e6c3c1d12330ca385.jpg

cknobman

May 15, 2018
Visit site

You are not thinking of its full potential then.

I use wireless charging everyday and its become essential for me.

I have a magnetic wireless fast charge mount in my car. I just set my phone on it, no cables to plug in, and its held magnetically and fast charges wireless while I drive to/from work.

I never have to plug my phone into a wired charger anymore unless I wont be driving in my car for a few days.

And as for this "McLaren" edition I think it is a total waste, and stupid, to add even more useless RAM when they could have used that for NFC or wireless charging. You know, something USEFUL.

Android doesnt even need 6 gigs of RAM much less 8 or 10. I monitor RAM usage on my 6GB phone everyday and it has never even come close to using 6gb.
There is always 2.1-2.9 GB free RAM even during heavy use.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Then why do 4 gigs of ram lag then? I mean if this is the norm then in a few years six gigs of ram will lag too. My s8 already lags and it’s not even two years old. Once you add a few programs to run in the background like espn or whatever to provide updates the phones gonna start lagging.

My only issue is lack of wireless charging, that’s important to me.

But I’m strongly considering the 6t, I’m seeing smart watches as not needed and a waste of money.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois