Buttons or gestures? Which are you using?

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
So I'm curious what everyone is using. Coming from a Pixel 2 and trying to use google's gestures on that I just could not get the flow of them. OP's gestures are way better but I still find after a couple weeks they aren't completely second nature. I also keep going back to the buttons because honestly they are still quicker to me. The swipe up and hold works but it takes longer to get into recent apps. Plus I'm having a hard time typing on this thing and holding it trying to stretch from top to bottom so the button navigation moves the keyboard up making it a little easier to use.

Let me know what you guys are using and how you are liking it.

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the gestures. I think they are done very well and I love how I have all my screen back. I had the Pixel 3 XL and the stock gestures imo kinda suck compared to Oneplus. Keep using them and they'll be second nature soon enough.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Gestures from day one. I didn't even try the others. It's so quick and easy and reminds me of the Palm Pre days. I miss those.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Back and Home.

Can not stand OnePlus Gestures. And you lose the quick toggle back and forth between most recent 2 apps that way. You will also miss the long press for assistant or any other function you like on the long press.

1+ made small tweaks to Back, Home style navigation that makes it much much better than the one on pixel devices. I love it and that's what I am using. Screenshot_20181212-145152__01.jpeg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Back and Home.

Can not stand OnePlus Gestures. And you lose the quick toggle back and forth between most recent 2 apps that way. You will also miss the long press for assistant or any other function you like on the long press.

1+ made small tweaks to Back, Home style navigation that makes it much much better than the one on pixel devices. I love it and that's what I am using. View attachment 295372

They implement that better then the pixel

YMarkY

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I used gestures as well, but you can't use the accessability button with gestures. Need the navigation bar in order to use.

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Gestures. I think they're very well done. I do sometimes have issue with the swipe from bottom to go back. If there's information on the bottom of the screen it's very easy to touch that while trying to swipe up to go back.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Click on the upper right corner and it will take u web view instead of the app then sign in on the web and you'll see the option

Yeah I tried that last night, have it open on the computer right now and cannot find a poll option. Seems weird.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke