Icon packs

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Here's something that's somewhat frustrating regarding icon packs... No matter which icon pack you have installed on your phone, not one hundred percent of all your applications will be supported by that icon pack. Which, basically leads to inconsistencies unfortunately meaning not all apps are themed out on your desktop which can get annoying. I'm just stating my feelings here that's all.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Here's something that's somewhat frustrating regarding icon packs... No matter which icon pack you have installed on your phone, not one hundred percent of all your applications will be supported by that icon pack. Which, basically leads to inconsistencies unfortunately meaning not all apps are themed out on your desktop which can get annoying. I'm just stating my feelings here that's all.

Yeah I dont understand that either.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I dont understand that either.
I mean usually I just deal with the fact that application icon packs don't support every application but it does get annoying because at the end of the day, what's the point ya know what I mean. It's just the fact that Android means a high level of customization!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I mean usually I just deal with the fact that application icon packs don't support every application but it does get annoying because at the end of the day, what's the point ya know what I mean. It's just the fact that Android means a high level of customization!

I agree..should be uniform across the board just looks better.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
This doesn't actually have anything to do with OnePlus... But maybe you couldn't find a better place.

The reason is simple; you can't expect artists and developers to make an icon for every app, or even know every app exists.

What i do to combat it, because it is annoying, is manually select a new icon that fits from those included in the pack. I use Nova though, so i don't even know if that's possible with the OnePlus launcher... Should be though.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Given the millions of apps available, it would be pretty difficult for a developer to make an icon pack that included every app. But I get what you're saying.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
As been said before, the devs can't know every app in existence, especially when some apps are region locked. Some devs do have the option to request for icons from inside their apps though. Use that.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Given the millions of apps available, it would be pretty difficult for a developer to make an icon pack that included every app. But I get what you're saying.
Yeah very true indeed! I don't know for a theming engine, it makes more sense but inconsistencies are so damn annoying.
This doesn't actually have anything to do with OnePlus... But maybe you couldn't find a better place.

The reason is simple; you can't expect artists and developers to make an icon for every app, or even know every app exists.

What i do to combat it, because it is annoying, is manually select a new icon that fits from those included in the pack. I use Nova though, so i don't even know if that's possible with the OnePlus launcher... Should be though.
very very true, doesn't have anything to do with OnePlus phones just figured I would put it in this general form over all. As far as having developers create a scene the icons for every application will be annoying but then again inconsistent days are also frustrating. So what do we do either not use icon packs at all or, just deal with it?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the OP......BUT...you'll need to check out Vinilo icon pack. It looks like this developer took the time...lol.... Only caveat is that it cost 1.99...... But it looks dope ....View attachment 295452
Well, thank you for sharing that. I don't mind spending a dollar or do here and there for quality things. With that being said I'll going to have to give that's try and see how I like that. Thank you very much for your suggestion! Icon packs is a simple to use customization step, which still makes everything Android phone look slightly different. In a good way of course

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah very true indeed! I don't know for a theming engine, it makes more sense but inconsistencies are so damn annoying. very very true, doesn't have anything to do with OnePlus phones just figured I would put it in this general form over all. As far as having developers create a scene the icons for every application will be annoying but then again inconsistent days are also frustrating. So what do we do either not use icon packs at all or, just deal with it?

As I said, the thing to do is manually select an app icon that is themed.

Or deal with it.

Or make your own icon pack.

mrobjo

May 19, 2013
Visit site
This is frustrating , I sometimes mix and match icon packs , sometimes icon packs do not apply all of the icons and you have to apply some manually , if it's a good icon pack you can usually find a good alternative icon .