09-06-2019 05:07 AM
47 12
tools
    I came from a Note5 which never had great battery life to start. Having bought it when it came out, I have never owned a phone that had "next gen" battery life like those released in the last couple years. As such, I totally got hooked on wireless charging as long ago as my Nexus 4. Used it on the 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 6, and then the Note5 (which I bought because Google ditched Qi). My phones were just always topped off because whenever I put them down, I put them on a charging pad. I never thought I'd be able to live without wireless charging.

But I consistently get way over a day's charge on my 6T. It has totally broken me from my Qi addiction. On the heaviest usage days, I get down to maybe 10-15% at bedtime. I love this phone. Coincidentally, my wife texted me this morning and said how grateful she was for the awesome battery life on her 6T.
    01-03-2019 10:07 AM
    My wife's has been unplugged since 6 this morning it is now a little after 3. She is at 84% with normal usage.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-03-2019 02:06 PM
    You want better camera pics? Check out this third-party Google Pixel 3 camera port! Made by devs on XDA. Just install, clear cache and data, force close, restart phone, and BAM! INSTANT upgrade! Make sure to enable HDR+ in settings and switch to HDR+ Enhanced for best results. Night camera is more detailed too. Enjoy!!

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/a.../changelog324/
    I'm using this. When everything is working fine, it's great. Unfortunately, there are semi-regular issues that are keeping me from trusting it as my main camera app. Crashing, slow processing, pic not being processed at all, etc.
    01-12-2019 04:06 PM
    My wife's has been unplugged since 6 this morning it is now a little after 3. She is at 84% with normal usage.
    Wow! That's pretty phenomenal!
    01-12-2019 05:25 PM
    I can usually get around 2 days with circa 10 hours SoT...

01-12-2019 05:47 PM
    I can usually get around 2 days with circa 10 hours SoT...

https://i.imgur.com/8X3bAZDh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6nJyeOmh.jpg
    Amazing! Glad to see that the battery on this phone lasts a long time!
    01-13-2019 11:06 AM
    I used my One Plus 6T for 6 hrs and 37 min with approximately 11% of battery to use up. Since last full charge 2 days ago. Amazing phone, it really is.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-16-2019 02:00 PM
    I used my One Plus 6T for 6 hrs and 37 min with approximately 11% of battery to use up. Since last full charge 2 days ago. Amazing phone, it really is.
    Wow! What great SoT! When did you get your 6T?
    01-17-2019 01:22 PM
    Wow! What great SoT! When did you get your 6T?
    Morty2264. I've had it for about 2 months. Still have my One plus 6 which I'll be selling soon.

I'm also doing an extensive test using dual sim. One with Mint Mobile primary number and account. The other, a small test with Verizon as a back up number. So far, dual SIM works really well.

I hope One plus doesn't release the 7 until later next year. Don't need another toy / phone lol.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-17-2019 01:47 PM
    Morty2264. I've had it for about 2 months. Still have my One plus 6 which I'll be selling soon.

I'm also doing an extensive test using dual sim. One with Mint Mobile primary number and account. The other, a small test with Verizon as a back up number. So far, dual SIM works really well.

I hope One plus doesn't release the 7 until later next year. Don't need another toy / phone lol.
    That's so cool that you have both of the 6 phones! That's awesome to hear about dual SIM!
    01-18-2019 01:04 PM
    My typo - 90% max.

Your understanding is a bit outdated. At 100%, in [some] batteries, electrolyte can boil off. And, while discharging below the cutoff point disconnects the battery, lithiums aren't deep-discharge batteries. Charging at 50% gives the longest life - 40% isn't much worse. But 3%? You might, if you're lucky, get 2 months before you have to replace it.
    Think about charging like you would think about a large room filled with people, like at a party. As you fill the room with people it gets pretty nice at about 80%. But as you take it up to full capacity, you are starting to pack in people like sardines and things start to get cramped, slow, hot, etc. On the flip side, you don't want to take it so low where your party just got hella lame and there are just 1 or 2 people left, cold and alone and totally a bummer. Hence why you want a nice, stable 40% to 80% battery charge. Its keeps the ions moving nicely doing their thing without being cramped or too lonely.
    01-21-2019 02:58 PM
    Think about charging like you would think about a large room filled with people, like at a party. As you fill the room with people it gets pretty nice at about 80%. But as you take it up to full capacity, you are starting to pack in people like sardines and things start to get cramped, slow, hot, etc. On the flip side, you don't want to take it so low where your party just got hella lame and there are just 1 or 2 people left, cold and alone and totally a bummer. Hence why you want a nice, stable 40% to 80% battery charge. Its keeps the ions moving nicely doing their thing without being cramped or too lonely.
    Hahaha like your analogy
    Vega007 likes this.
    01-21-2019 09:31 PM
    Am afraid flights don't fill fuel 40% to 80% only before they take off. 😃
    01-23-2019 02:46 PM
    Am afraid flights don't fill fuel 40% to 80% only before they take off. 😃
    You need a parachute😂
    01-23-2019 03:57 PM
    I really don't think you need to over think battery usage like this. Might help a little bit but it's far from necessary to make a phone hold up for numerous years.
    01-25-2019 02:48 PM
    I really don't think you need to over think battery usage like this. Might help a little bit but it's far from necessary to make a phone hold up for numerous years.
    To each their own dude.
    01-25-2019 05:39 PM
    To each their own dude.
    Absolutely, dude.
    01-25-2019 05:40 PM
    I cannot believe these are real comments. The reviews and blogs are filled with the real accounts of this phone's "advanced" battery performance. For $700, you get 1990's battery performance. With constant use less than 6 hours until 0%. I have had my 6T in for repair of this issue but there is no fix. OnePlus is overhyped and has serious battery issues. And for all the know it alls, OnePlus will tell you to let it drain to 0% then let it charge a couple of hours past 100%.
    I have had a 6T for 5 months and I get 3 hours of usage (internet) before I am at 40% from a 100% overnight charge. If you think that is worth $700, go for it.
    08-13-2019 02:14 PM
    I cannot believe these are real comments. The reviews and blogs are filled with the real accounts of this phone's "advanced" battery performance. For $700, you get 1990's battery performance. With constant use less than 6 hours until 0%. I have had my 6T in for repair of this issue but there is no fix. OnePlus is overhyped and has serious battery issues. And for all the know it alls, OnePlus will tell you to let it drain to 0% then let it charge a couple of hours past 100%.
    I have had a 6T for 5 months and I get 3 hours of usage (internet) before I am at 40% from a 100% overnight charge. If you think that is worth $700, go for it.
    Sorry to hear about your poor battery life

My comments are real I can assure you. Am running the global model and latest global firmware and charge my phone, with my normal usage, every 24+ hours or at around 20%. Do not even use battery saver.

I did, as a lot of users have, suffer from the dreaded Play Services battery draining bug but an update to Play Services v18.7.17 soon sorted that out.
    jchapman01 likes this.
    08-13-2019 04:46 PM
    Everyone's battery life can be different based on many different factors. Screen on time, app usage, apps running in the background, screen brightness, and many I'm sure I'm forgetting to mention.

The biggest factor in my opinion is signal strength. All phones have to work to maintain a connection to the network. So where one may get long battery life, another might not.

I have the international version connected to VZW. I also have a 4g network extendor at home. Battery life at home is double what it is traveling for work.

I have a second line for work whick is the Tmobile version. The battery life on that is easily twice what I get from the VZW connected one.
    ironass and Sedp23 like this.
    08-13-2019 08:59 PM
    Sorry you're having issues, however I can attest to the excellent battery life of theOP6T. I'm using the T-Mobile variant, vs the International version that most people have. I consistently get astounding battery life, 5+ hours screen on time and can go all day. I came from the LG G6 which had horrible battery life (around 2 hours SOT on average) and the Moto X Pure Edition with about 3 hours SOT.
    ironass likes this.
    08-14-2019 12:23 PM
    I've only charged the phone once since getting it two days ago. I hope this kind of battery life continues. [IMG=473x1024]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181229/8f7e42460e8005536f79969d9440ecd5.jpg[/url]
    Mine used to last a day and a half in January when I bought it, but sadly I have to charge it twice a day now, I charge at 8am, and its down to 15-20% @ 4 pm, I have to recharge it. I usually go to bed 10pm. After a charge at 4pm with around 35% on my OP6T 😏.
    09-06-2019 05:07 AM
47 12