I cannot believe how long the battery lasts

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah but even with my Pixel 2 it was hard to get good shots when kids were moving. I'm happy with the camera and I've changed my Google photos backup setting to full resolution. By far the things OP does to the OS and the way it integrates with the hardware just works so well. This is the first I'm in years I've really enjoyed everything about a phone.

The camera not bad at all , can take some really stunning photos. Just not all the time

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah but even with my Pixel 2 it was hard to get good shots when kids were moving. I'm happy with the camera and I've changed my Google photos backup setting to full resolution. By far the things OP does to the OS and the way it integrates with the hardware just works so well. This is the first I'm in years I've really enjoyed everything about a phone.

So glad you're enjoying it!

Steve Lazzar

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
The camera not bad at all , can take some really stunning photos. Just not all the time

You want better camera pics? Check out this third-party Google Pixel 3 camera port! Made by devs on XDA. Just install, clear cache and data, force close, restart phone, and BAM! INSTANT upgrade! Make sure to enable HDR+ in settings and switch to HDR+ Enhanced for best results. Night camera is more detailed too. Enjoy!!

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog324/

LouCap

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I can relate. I take a lot of photos too, and that's the only reason I keep my 2XL around. Otherwise, I carry the 6T for the battery life and the superior iser experience. Under good conditions, the 6T does a fine job with photos, but if the lighting isn't perfect, the Pixel kills it. And don't get me started on the 6T's selfie camera.... it's just lame. When it works, it's fine, but most of the time it can't find focus.

AC321

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I came from a Note5 which never had great battery life to start. Having bought it when it came out, I have never owned a phone that had "next gen" battery life like those released in the last couple years. As such, I totally got hooked on wireless charging as long ago as my Nexus 4. Used it on the 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 6, and then the Note5 (which I bought because Google ditched Qi). My phones were just always topped off because whenever I put them down, I put them on a charging pad. I never thought I'd be able to live without wireless charging.

But I consistently get way over a day's charge on my 6T. It has totally broken me from my Qi addiction. On the heaviest usage days, I get down to maybe 10-15% at bedtime. I love this phone. Coincidentally, my wife texted me this morning and said how grateful she was for the awesome battery life on her 6T.

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
You want better camera pics? Check out this third-party Google Pixel 3 camera port! Made by devs on XDA. Just install, clear cache and data, force close, restart phone, and BAM! INSTANT upgrade! Make sure to enable HDR+ in settings and switch to HDR+ Enhanced for best results. Night camera is more detailed too. Enjoy!!

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog324/
I'm using this. When everything is working fine, it's great. Unfortunately, there are semi-regular issues that are keeping me from trusting it as my main camera app. Crashing, slow processing, pic not being processed at all, etc.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I can usually get around 2 days with circa 10 hours SoT...

8X3bAZDh.jpg

6nJyeOmh.jpg

Andrew_404

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I used my One Plus 6T for 6 hrs and 37 min with approximately 11% of battery to use up. Since last full charge 2 days ago. Amazing phone, it really is.

Andrew_404

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Wow! What great SoT! When did you get your 6T?

Morty2264. I've had it for about 2 months. Still have my One plus 6 which I'll be selling soon.

I'm also doing an extensive test using dual sim. One with Mint Mobile primary number and account. The other, a small test with Verizon as a back up number. So far, dual SIM works really well.

I hope One plus doesn't release the 7 until later next year. Don't need another toy / phone lol.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Morty2264. I've had it for about 2 months. Still have my One plus 6 which I'll be selling soon.

I'm also doing an extensive test using dual sim. One with Mint Mobile primary number and account. The other, a small test with Verizon as a back up number. So far, dual SIM works really well.

I hope One plus doesn't release the 7 until later next year. Don't need another toy / phone lol.

That's so cool that you have both of the 6 phones! That's awesome to hear about dual SIM!

Vega007

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
My typo - 90% max.

Your understanding is a bit outdated. At 100%, in [some] batteries, electrolyte can boil off. And, while discharging below the cutoff point disconnects the battery, lithiums aren't deep-discharge batteries. Charging at 50% gives the longest life - 40% isn't much worse. But 3%? You might, if you're lucky, get 2 months before you have to replace it.

Think about charging like you would think about a large room filled with people, like at a party. As you fill the room with people it gets pretty nice at about 80%. But as you take it up to full capacity, you are starting to pack in people like sardines and things start to get cramped, slow, hot, etc. On the flip side, you don't want to take it so low where your party just got hella lame and there are just 1 or 2 people left, cold and alone and totally a bummer. Hence why you want a nice, stable 40% to 80% battery charge. Its keeps the ions moving nicely doing their thing without being cramped or too lonely.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Think about charging like you would think about a large room filled with people, like at a party. As you fill the room with people it gets pretty nice at about 80%. But as you take it up to full capacity, you are starting to pack in people like sardines and things start to get cramped, slow, hot, etc. On the flip side, you don't want to take it so low where your party just got hella lame and there are just 1 or 2 people left, cold and alone and totally a bummer. Hence why you want a nice, stable 40% to 80% battery charge. Its keeps the ions moving nicely doing their thing without being cramped or too lonely.

Hahaha like your analogy:)

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I really don't think you need to over think battery usage like this. Might help a little bit but it's far from necessary to make a phone hold up for numerous years.