Dell’s Cyber Monday in Julysaves you up to 50%!
01-19-2019 10:27 AM
84 1234
tools
    Yeah Ryan89... more reports of Google Pay being broken by this update are flooding in on other forums.

At present, neither T-Mobile (USA) or OnePlus have a fix for this. It would seem that apart from the roaming fix there is something else in the update that makes Google Pay think that your devices are now rooted.

Nice to see that the T-Mobile (USA) certification process is working well!

The good news is that there should be another update in the very near future to fix the Google Pay issue and the Android Security patch might be updated from November 2018, at the same time. Fingers crossed.
    I haven't minded having a carrier branded device until this fustercluck. I can't update apps or use Google pay until they fix this.
    ironass likes this.
    01-07-2019 06:11 PM
    I haven't minded having a carrier branded device until this fustercluck. I can't update apps or use Google pay until they fix this.
    "Fustercluck", I like that. I may use that instead of the typically British... Omnishambles.

I am given to understand that unlike the global model, the T-Mobile variant does not allow you to delay or refuse an update. Something that would be particularly useful at this time.
    Ryano89 likes this.
    01-07-2019 06:30 PM
    So the play store is broken too?
    "Fustercluck", I like that. I may use that instead of the typically British... Omnishambles.

I am given to understand that unlike the global model, the T-Mobile variant does not allow you to delay or refuse an update. Something that would be particularly useful at this time.
    Yeah no. Last update just happened while I was driving using GPS and my phone just up and restarted and it took a couple minutes to complete.
    ironass likes this.
    01-07-2019 06:39 PM
    So the play store is broken too?Yeah no. Last update just happened while I was driving using GPS and my phone just up and restarted and it took a couple minutes to complete.
    Play store works, but apps that requires certification like Netflix might not. Also it means that Google services think my phone is rooted, which it is not. This can cause some apps not to work
    ironass likes this.
    01-07-2019 07:06 PM
    Play store works, but apps that requires certification like Netflix might not. Also it means that Google services think my phone is rooted, which it is not. This can cause some apps not to work
    Not cool. I'm going to make some reps hate me if that happens.
    01-07-2019 07:18 PM
    My phone just updated, I don't use Google Pay so can't say if it's working or not. But just launched Netflix and had no problem watching anything.
    01-07-2019 07:28 PM
    My phone just updated, I don't use Google Pay so can't say if it's working or not. But just launched Netflix and had no problem watching anything.
    You can launch it, but you might not be able to update it. Go into your play store settings and look at the bottom of this screen, does it say certified or no ?
    Attached Thumbnails Incoming T-Mobile update-66018.jpg  
    01-07-2019 07:33 PM
    You can launch it, but you might not be able to update it. Go into your play store settings and look at the bottom of this screen, does it say certified or no ?
    Mine is not certified but I was able to download an app and update a few of my other apps. So that is working for me right now.
    01-07-2019 07:39 PM
    Mine is not certified but I was able to download an app and update a few of my other apps. So that is working for me right now.
    Should be certified if you didn't root it. Not the biggest deal, but it could cause problems with some apps and services. Google thinks your phone is insecure and been modified
    01-07-2019 07:59 PM
    Should be certified if you didn't root it. Not the biggest deal, but it could cause problems with some apps and services. Google thinks your phone is insecure and been modified
    Mine isn't rooted. It is on the T-Mobile payment plan so still locked.
    01-07-2019 08:04 PM
    Mine isn't rooted. It is on the T-Mobile payment plan so still locked.
    I would reach out to @tmobilehelp on Twitter. It may not seem like a big deal, but we need them to fix this for us. An uncertified device can cause some apps that are already on your device to either stop working, or stop receiving updates.
    01-07-2019 08:17 PM
    Thanks
    01-08-2019 12:15 AM
    Thanks
    Not a good idea to post your IMEI # on a forum droidman401
    01-08-2019 01:48 AM
    Not a good idea to post your IMEI # on a forum droidman401
    I removed it.
    ironass and droidman401 like this.
    01-08-2019 02:31 AM
    I removed it.
    Cheers Laura! Could you do the same thing with my last tax demand?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-08-2019 02:34 AM
    Cheers Laura! Could you do the same thing with my last tax demand?
    I wish I could.
    ironass likes this.
    01-08-2019 02:42 AM
    Thank you for the link!
    ironass likes this.
    01-08-2019 06:18 AM
    Haven't gotten an update yet.
    01-08-2019 06:40 AM
    I'm trying to delete it and it won't smh
    01-08-2019 07:00 AM
    Thank u so much, greatly appreciated
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-08-2019 07:01 AM
    Yea, shows same. But what I don't know is what it showed previously, so don't know if changed or not or if any issue. All my apps updated last night, so so far so good. But Netflix wasn't one of those. Guess time will tell and confident that if it is an issue Tmo will correct. Thanks for the heads up though.
    01-08-2019 08:00 AM
    Updated to 9.0.2 and now Google Pay is broken. A few people on the OnePlus Community Forum are seeing the same thing.
    It broke Google play certification
    Huge thanks for the confirmation that I'm not crazy, not that it helps but good to know. I almost wiped my phone trying to get the Play Certification back. Misery Loves Co.
    01-08-2019 10:23 AM
    Well I tired to contact T-Mobile through the chat option in the T-Mobile app and it wouldn't connect at all just said still trying to connect not sure if that has anything to do with the certification issue. But I called them and was sent to support. Upon which I was told by the first representative that it was a OnePlus issue as they supplied the update. He didn't seem to agree when I told him that the global OnePlus 6t is on a different update and many version ahead of ours and that while OnePlus supplies the updates T-Mobile certifies them for our devices so it is something that T-Mobile should have caught. He did tell me that there is a work around to factory reset my phone. When I said that was ridiculous to have to start fresh due to a bad update, he escalated to a supervisor. Who then told me that there seems to have been reports of an issue and he is escalating it to the engineering team and is going to try to get back to me within an hour or two with a response as to what the solution is going to be.
    01-08-2019 11:12 AM
    Fix from the OnePlus forum;

Hold down on the Play Store icon for 2 seconds.
    Click App info.
    Click Storage.
    Click clear Storage.

Worked for me.
    I800C0LLECT and Bob61 like this.
    01-08-2019 02:33 PM
    Fix from the OnePlus forum;

Hold down on the Play Store icon for 2 seconds.
    Click App info.
    Click Storage.
    Click clear Storage.

Worked for me.
    Worked for me too..this is legit!
    01-08-2019 04:26 PM
84 1234