Incoming T-Mobile update

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Updated to 9.0.2 and now Google Pay is broken. A few people on the OnePlus Community Forum are seeing the same thing.
Yes I can't use Google pay anymore. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. I also am still on the November security update. It seems T-Mobile isn't keeping up with the OnePlus updates very well.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes I can't use Google pay anymore. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. I also am still on the November security update. It seems T-Mobile isn't keeping up with the OnePlus updates very well.

It broke Google play certification

Attachments

• 66018.jpg
    66018.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 62

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
It broke Google play certification

Yeah Ryan89... more reports of Google Pay being broken by this update are flooding in on other forums.

At present, neither T-Mobile (USA) or OnePlus have a fix for this. It would seem that apart from the roaming fix there is something else in the update that makes Google Pay think that your devices are now rooted.

Nice to see that the T-Mobile (USA) certification process is working well!

The good news is that there should be another update in the very near future to fix the Google Pay issue and the Android Security patch might be updated from November 2018, at the same time. Fingers crossed.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah Ryan89... more reports of Google Pay being broken by this update are flooding in on other forums.

At present, neither T-Mobile (USA) or OnePlus have a fix for this. It would seem that apart from the roaming fix there is something else in the update that makes Google Pay think that your devices are now rooted.

Nice to see that the T-Mobile (USA) certification process is working well!

The good news is that there should be another update in the very near future to fix the Google Pay issue and the Android Security patch might be updated from November 2018, at the same time. Fingers crossed.

I haven't minded having a carrier branded device until this fustercluck. I can't update apps or use Google pay until they fix this.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I haven't minded having a carrier branded device until this fustercluck. I can't update apps or use Google pay until they fix this.

"Fustercluck", I like that. I may use that instead of the typically British... Omnishambles.

I am given to understand that unlike the global model, the T-Mobile variant does not allow you to delay or refuse an update. Something that would be particularly useful at this time.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
So the play store is broken too?
"Fustercluck", I like that. I may use that instead of the typically British... Omnishambles.

I am given to understand that unlike the global model, the T-Mobile variant does not allow you to delay or refuse an update. Something that would be particularly useful at this time.
Yeah no. Last update just happened while I was driving using GPS and my phone just up and restarted and it took a couple minutes to complete.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
So the play store is broken too?Yeah no. Last update just happened while I was driving using GPS and my phone just up and restarted and it took a couple minutes to complete.

Play store works, but apps that requires certification like Netflix might not. Also it means that Google services think my phone is rooted, which it is not. This can cause some apps not to work

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Play store works, but apps that requires certification like Netflix might not. Also it means that Google services think my phone is rooted, which it is not. This can cause some apps not to work
Not cool. I'm going to make some reps hate me if that happens.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
My phone just updated, I don't use Google Pay so can't say if it's working or not. But just launched Netflix and had no problem watching anything.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
My phone just updated, I don't use Google Pay so can't say if it's working or not. But just launched Netflix and had no problem watching anything.

You can launch it, but you might not be able to update it. Go into your play store settings and look at the bottom of this screen, does it say certified or no ?

Attachments

• 66018.jpg
    66018.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 57

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
You can launch it, but you might not be able to update it. Go into your play store settings and look at the bottom of this screen, does it say certified or no ?
Mine is not certified but I was able to download an app and update a few of my other apps. So that is working for me right now.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine is not certified but I was able to download an app and update a few of my other apps. So that is working for me right now.

Should be certified if you didn't root it. Not the biggest deal, but it could cause problems with some apps and services. Google thinks your phone is insecure and been modified

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Should be certified if you didn't root it. Not the biggest deal, but it could cause problems with some apps and services. Google thinks your phone is insecure and been modified
Mine isn't rooted. It is on the T-Mobile payment plan so still locked.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine isn't rooted. It is on the T-Mobile payment plan so still locked.

I would reach out to @tmobilehelp on Twitter. It may not seem like a big deal, but we need them to fix this for us. An uncertified device can cause some apps that are already on your device to either stop working, or stop receiving updates.

droidman401

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks
0562e7ac910cf4afe16c18879fffe240.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463