Incoming T-Mobile update

ASD Dad

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Is there a way to stop the forced updates? I think it is ridiculous they can update at will without user consent. I dont mind if the phone downloads it but tell me before just rebooting in the middle of doing something!

Is it just the T Mobile branded 6T doing the auto update or do all of them do it? I was in the middle of a business call when it rebooted...

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Is there a way to stop the forced updates? I think it is ridiculous they can update at will without user consent. I dont mind if the phone downloads it but tell me before just rebooting in the middle of doing something!

Is it just the T Mobile branded 6T doing the auto update or do all of them do it? I was in the middle of a business call when it rebooted...

The T-Mobile minority carrier variant does not allow you to delay or refuse an update, unlike the global model. See posts #27 and #28 on this thread.

ASD Dad

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
The T-Mobile minority carrier variant does not allow you to delay or refuse an update, unlike the global model. See posts #27 and #28 on this thread.

Well that is not cool at all. I even looked under Developer Options to see if something was hidden. I am not happy. I use this for my main work phone and I cut off one of my customers.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Well that is not cool at all. I even looked under Developer Options to see if something was hidden. I am not happy. I use this for my main work phone and I cut off one of my customers.

Kim Jong-un, Supreme Leader of North Korea, lies awake at night, thinking about exercising the same sort of control over his people that T-Mobile (USA) has over its customers. :D

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Kim Jong-un, Supreme Leader of North Korea, lies awake at night, thinking about exercising the same sort of control over his people that T-Mobile (USA) has over its customers. :D
Got to call it as I see it, that's just plain silly speak.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
So since getting the update my battery life has taken a hit. Particularly right off the charger. This morning it dropped 10% in 90 minutes off the charger sitting in my pocket. I never used it. When I did go to use it I I had 90%. This started this week since getting the update and it's done it every day.

After that initial 10% hit it settles down and isn't bad the rest of the day but still not as good as it was before the update. Anybody else had this?

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
So since getting the update my battery life has taken a hit. Particularly right off the charger. This morning it dropped 10% in 90 minutes off the charger sitting in my pocket. I never used it. When I did go to use it I I had 90%. This started this week since getting the update and it's done it every day.

After that initial 10% hit it settles down and isn't bad the rest of the day but still not as good as it was before the update. Anybody else had this?
Not seeing that with mine, just FYI.
9b55817f8545ef1b86dfd116d454ecf3.jpg

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Try turning on the, "Advanced optimisation", feature in battery as it can save one heck of a lot of juice. Go to...

Settings > Battery optimisation > Menu (3 dots) > Advanced optimisation > choose Deep Optimisation & Sleep standby optimisation (see screenshot).

1S5njIth.jpg

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
New camera .apk version 3.0.15 that is featured in the latest Open Beta 3 update for the global model. Download...

OnePlus Camera 3.0.15 download

So I just did the conversion of t-mobile to international and the camera version for my camera app is showing 2.10.13 which seems like it is really old? Could it be the conversion didn't copy over the new camera version?

Edit: Nevermind I see that that is above the t-mobile version and just below the open beta version. My brain isn't working today haha.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
My brain isn't working today haha.

Welcome to my world! :p

The stock, stable OxygenOS 9.0.11, firmware is on a lower camera version, obviously, than the Open Beta 3 test firmware. You can still flash the 3.0.15 version to stock if you want it. Someone mentioned that it rectified the stuttering in 4k video.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to my world!

The stock, stable OxygenOS 9.0.11, firmware is on a lower camera version, obviously, than the Open Beta 3 test firmware. You can still flash the 3.0.15 version to stock if you want it. Someone mentioned that it rectified the stuttering in 4k video.
I don't use video much and I know the beta will be a higher version. I just saw the 2. On mine and thought it was really old and thought the stable version was already on a 3. Version for some reason. Lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac