Incoming T-Mobile update

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, the build number and one shown in that document for November update doesn't agree to my phone, and I'm fully stock.

My build ends 181121, the document says it is for build ending in 181029.

Same here, I have 181121

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

It all seems to have all gone downhill from...

"Ryan, I get where you are coming from..."

Nothing about this release coming to anyone's T-Mobile phone on the OnePlus forum. In fact the only news on the OnePlus and xda forums when I checked, was from you old son.

Possibly someone at T-Mobile has jumped the gun and posted a, "waiting to be certified by T-Mobile", firmware.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps Tmo had sent out a release and then quickly pulled it for a variety of reasons and this left a pocket of users with a different build number. Or maybe different region? Or maybe the have a small test group that receives releases for validation/acceptance testing before distribution to broad market, changing build number upon final sign off and release?

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
It all seems to have all gone downhill from...

"Ryan, I get where you are coming from..."

Nothing about this release coming to anyone's T-Mobile phone on the OnePlus forum. In fact the only news on the OnePlus and xda forums when I checked, was from you old son.

Possibly someone at T-Mobile has jumped the gun and posted a, "waiting to be certified by T-Mobile", firmware.

The hilarious part is that they have gone on to tell me that OxygenOS is a custom ROM that I must have installed! Because they have no record of the software on my phone, I even linked the XDA article discussing the update with a full changelog!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
The hilarious part is that they have gone on to tell me that OxygenOS is a custom ROM that I must have installed! Because they have no record of the software on my phone, I even linked the XDA article discussing the update with a full changelog!
LMAO!

T-Mobile (USA) come across as totally clueless in that conversation.

Has anyone tried installing Oxygen Updater, free from the Play Store, as it is usually pretty quick at updating and now works on the T-Mobile (USA) variant.

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Update just arrived

Better late than never.

Any chance of the changelog, please. Does it show the firmware comparison for this new release in Oxygen Updater?

Would you mind going to...

Camera > Settings > About... and post the camera version number which used to be the old v2.9.43

WTF... Still on November Security patch I'm told.

Last edited:

msr360

Oct 30, 2017
Visit site
The update is literally for roaming and that's it. =(

Seems like I will unlock the bootloader once OP sends me the code

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
The update is literally for roaming and that's it. =(

Seems like I will unlock the bootloader once OP sends me the code

I am so sorry msr360!

Even I felt sure in my post, here, that the new release would be based on at least the global model's 9.0.6 or 9.0.7 firmware and that the new camera, if not v3.0.13, would be either v2.10.11 or v2.10.13.

It seems this T-Mobile (USA) update is, as you say... "literally for roaming"

Last edited:

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Better late than never.

Any chance of the changelog, please. Does it show the firmware comparison for this new release in Oxygen Updater?

Would you mind going to...

Camera > Settings > About... and post the camera version number which used to be the old v2.9.43

WTF... Still on November Security patch I'm told.

You can the new camera app from app mirror

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton