Hello
    I have an HTC U11+ that I really like in terms of design and hardware, but it sucks in terms of updates (nothing since April) and custom roms are also frozen in time, so it's getting super boring with the U11+
    It could get some customization for the always on display and navigation bar but HTC never updated them.
    The 6T looks quite the opposite in OTAs and custom roms
    But what about the rest?
    Is it fun to use the 6T everyday?
    How's the screen reactivity? The U11+ is much more responsive for example than the S8 but it has some ghosting with colored text
    01-06-2019 08:35 AM
    Hello
    I have an HTC U11+ that I really like in terms of design and hardware, but it sucks in terms of updates (nothing since April) and custom roms are also frozen in time, so it's getting super boring with the U11+
    It could get some customization for the always on display and navigation bar but HTC never updated them.
    The 6T looks quite the opposite in OTAs and custom roms
    But what about the rest?
    Is it fun to use the 6T everyday?
    How's the screen reactivity? The U11+ is much more responsive for example than the S8 but it has some ghosting with colored text
    Hey Jeff.. no always on display in the 6T. If you can look beyond that, it is a joy to use the phone. It really is. Oxygen OS is unbelievably fast and smooth. Believe it or not, faster than Android on pixel phones. I have both 6T and pixel 2 xl.

6T is an amazing phone and unbelievable value for the price.
    Cool Jeff likes this.
    01-06-2019 09:57 AM
    Hey cool Jeff. I actually had the red U11 not the + version and quite frankly, even the OnePlus 6 is way better. I now have the 6T. It is very smooth, fast in screen to screen usage plus, it is very optimized.

Updates from One plus are amazing as quick as Google (I also used the Pixel 2 for a while) so you can't go wrong.

For a company that is only 5 years old to kick A** in our industry, you won't regret either One plus 6 or 6T
    Cool Jeff likes this.
    01-06-2019 10:03 AM
    Hey Jeff.. no always on display in the 6T. If you can look beyond that, it is a joy to use the phone. It really is. Oxygen OS is unbelievably fast and smooth. Believe it or not, faster than Android on pixel phones. I have both 6T and pixel 2 xl.

6T is an amazing phone and unbelievable value for the price.

I saw somewhere you can enable AOD with a magisk module, though I have no idea if you get customization like with S8/s9 and if the clock move to avoid burn-in
    01-06-2019 11:11 AM
    I can also attest to the 6T being fast, a joy to use coming from a Pixel 2 which frankly frustrated me a bit. I don't think you'll regret it at all coming from the U11.

As for the AoD, I thought I'd miss it to but what I've found is I like the ambient display more. With the AoD I was constantly looking at the phone to see if anything has changed. With the ambient display I only look if it lights up. I am way less distracted by my phone now. As a bonus, the battery life is phenomenal. Good luck.
    01-06-2019 08:44 PM
    I had the 11+ but never got on with it. Replaced it with a 5T and that was much more to my liking. In my opinion, HTC has lost the plot so I will not be buying anymore products from them. Now I've got the 6T McLaren edition and I couldn't be more satisfied.
    01-08-2019 11:25 PM