T-Mobile 6T to Global model Conversion (WITHOUT unlocked bootloader/SIM unlock!)

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: T-Mobile 6T to International Conversion (WITHOUT unlocked bootloader/SIM unlock!)

Just to clarify Ryano89's answer, a local update on the global OnePlus 6T model entails downloading the new firmware to your phone from the official OnePlus download site and moving it to the root directory and then going to...

Settings > System > System updates > Menu (cog wheel)(screenshot #1 ) > Local upgrade (screenshot #2 ) > Select downloaded update (screenshot #3)

From there, the update installs and reboots the phone just like an OTA.

Screenshot #1

HyNJnSBl.jpg

Screenshot #2

seFy2Oel.jpg

Screenshot #3

BnWQnq2l.jpg

(Ignore the fact that it shows Beta in the screenshots. I just happen to be a Beta tester)

Last edited:

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: T-Mobile 6T to International Conversion (WITHOUT unlocked bootloader/SIM unlock!)

I just did this and it is nice being on the official 6t version instead of T-Mobile.

I do miss the Google feed to the left though. I'm hoping oneplus will eventually give the option of that like the T-Mobile version does.

I have a dual sim tray coming so I can try putting my other T-Mobile s from my work phone in this and using one phone for everything.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

I just did this and it is nice being on the official 6t version instead of T-Mobile.

I do miss the Google feed to the left though. I'm hoping oneplus will eventually give the option of that like the T-Mobile version does.

I have a dual sim tray coming so I can try putting my other T-Mobile s from my work phone in this and using one phone for everything.

Unlike the global model which has 2 IMEI numbers for dual SIM usage, (see screenshot), the T-Mobile (USA) only has a single IMEI number. Therefore, I am dubious about being able to use it as a dual SIM phone.

MlEEiEfl.jpg

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site

Unlike the global model which has 2 IMEI numbers for dual SIM usage, (see screenshot), the T-Mobile (USA) only has a single IMEI number. Therefore, I am dubious about being able to use this as a dual SIM phone.
Hmm that is true. But I thought there were people that were using it as a dual SIM phone once converted?

Last edited by a moderator:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Hmm that is true. But I thought there were people that were using it as a dual SIM phone once converted?

I have not heard of it on the forums. Could I ask you a favour and get you to remove my screenshot from your post as I had not finished editing it properly. Thanks!

[EDIT] You may be right. See...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78560274&postcount=1195

"Dual SIM works, however, you will have the same IMEI for both slots."

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site

I have not heard of it on the forums. Could I ask you a favour and get you to remove my screenshot from your post as I had not finished editing it properly. Thanks!

[EDIT] You may be right. See...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78560274&postcount=1195

"Dual SIM works, however, you will have the same IMEI for both slots."
Yeah I came across that same thread when I started doing some more research. Hopefully it will work. I wonder if the T-Mobile version ever gets issued separate IMEI's after being bootloader and sim unlocked?

fedxup

May 22, 2014
Visit site

So the unlocked version doesn't have the swipe left Google Now or whatever it is called these days?

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site

So the unlocked version doesn't have the swipe left Google Now or whatever it is called these days?
No but you can add the Google app as a quick launch shortcut and then you still have to open it.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Yeah I came across that same thread when I started doing some more research. Hopefully it will work. I wonder if the T-Mobile version ever gets issued separate IMEI's after being bootloader and sim unlocked?

Not possible I am afraid...

"IMEI numbers are hard-coded into device hardware, making it nearly impossible to change them without somehow damaging the device."

Everything You Should Know About Your IMEI Number

The T-Mobile (USA) model was manufactured as a single SIM model and never needed the extra IMEI number hard coded in.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
With even more T-Mobile (USA) users wanting to move over to the global model's firmware, I have included a tutorial video into post #1.

Hope it helps. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney