T-Mobile (USA) update 9.0.3

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
A new update, 9.0.3, for the T-Mobile carrier minority variant of the OnePlus 6T has begun rolling out.

New version: ONEPLUS
A6013_34_190116

Update size: About 103.6MB

Changelog:

• Android December Security update
    [*]Dialer improvement
That's it!

Same old camera version yet again, 2.9.43

(Download link for the global model's camera version, 3.0.21)

This, "looks", to be the same firmware base, global model's 9.0.5, as were the 2 previous updates with just an upgraded security patch and dialer.

This is the 4th T-Mobile (USA) update in 83 days.

(N.B. This update is only for the T-Mobile (USA) minority carrier variant and NOT the global model)

See, also... T-Mobile 6T to Global model Conversion (WITHOUT unlocked bootloader/SIM unlock!)

Source: I800COLLECT here and here. Thanks!

Last edited:

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: T-Mobile (USA) variant update 9.0.3

Bluetooth audio tuner now available. VoLTE in France... Various other updates and fixes included plus December security patch.

Wonder how close this brings it to the factory image?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Bluetooth audio tuner now available. VoLTE in France... Various other updates and fixes included plus December security patch.

Wonder how close this brings it to the factory image?

I thought that the Bluetooth Audio Tuner was in an earlier update for T-Mobile?

Any other updates that they didn't mention on their main screen. I'm thinking of the camera version....

Camera > Settings > About

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

I had updated my camera outside of OTA updates. So I've been on 3.0.13 and can't confirm it's part of this update. But the info did say there was updates to image processing. I would presume that requires updated camera app

Edit: I can't confirm Bluetooth either. My bad

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Just hitting OnePlus forums too

7a54b10ee31bd54860b3f8481d731f39.jpg

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

I had updated my camera outside of OTA updates. So I've been on 3.0.13 and can't confirm it's part of this update. But the info did say there was updates to image processing. I would presume that requires updated camera app

Edit: I can't confirm Bluetooth either. My bad

On the contrary I800COLLECT, you have been very helpful. I am in the Cotswolds of England and do not own the T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant and must rely on yourself, at this moment, for any information. Thanks! :)

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Based on change log info in 9.10 and 9.11...i think this brings the T-Mobile variant current. Hrmm

Like you... I am very suspicious about that claim. It is more likely to still be based on the Global model's 9.0.5 release of the 6th November, as was the last update and the one before that.

Even down to the same old camera version... 2.9.43

This was the changelog for the global model on 9.0.10 & 9.0.11...

"Changelog:

System

Updated Android Security patch to 2018.12
Improved Wi-Fi stability for better connectivity
Face Unlock improvements
General bug fixes and improvements

Camera

Improved Nightscape performance
"

Apart from the Android Security update, I do not see anything else that matches the T-Mobile 9.0.3 update, so far.

Last edited:

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
The article that was taken down claimed most of those change updates except camera software update. WiFi stability and improvements were claimed as well as Bluetooth stability and improvements.

I tested with a previous Bluetooth ear bud that didn't work. Now it does... So that's nice
c2ed84bd6884789e3fcbc208a27e57f2.jpg

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
The article that was taken down claimed most of those change updates except camera software update. WiFi stability and improvements were claimed as well as Bluetooth stability and improvements.

I tested with a previous Bluetooth ear bud that didn't work. Now it does... So that's nice//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190119/c2ed84bd6884789e3fcbc208a27e57f2.jpg

To be honest I800COLLECT, it would not make sense to have the global firmware 9.0.11 and downgrade the camera. I have a strong feeling that the reason that article was removed was that they realised they'd got it wrong.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Well oxygen update is clearly wrong too. Just need to wait until somebody publishes the change log//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190119/52bcd6183ac19b97138b6af573a4c0ab.jpg

I think that Oxygen Update is probably spot on as it compares firmware versions and the global model's 9.0.5 update of the 6th November appears to match the last 3 T-Mobile updates, see post #1, that have just had minor improvements dropped into them rather than a full firmware update to, say, 9.0.11.

See your own post, here, for the last, 9.0.2, update.

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Oxygen update wasn't updated to identify 9.02 until later. After the initial phone update, oxygen update didn't include the right information. Just like the above capture shows November security updates when it's clearly December. The Bluetooth updates are a tell too.

I'm not so much focusing on the OS number but the changes they've included. When T-Mobile updated the phone so that it functioned with roaming partners... That happened just after the international version received the update to work on Verizon LTE. The same LTE that T-Mobile uses to roam as well.

I think that's why OnePlus clearly stated to ignore the OS versions. I'm wondering if the build number is 2234 and whether that would give a better indication of differences between factory OS and T-Mobile OS

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Oxygen update wasn't updated to identify 9.02 until later. After the initial phone update, oxygen update didn't include the right information. Just like the above capture shows November security updates when it's clearly December. The Bluetooth updates are a tell too.

I'm not so much focusing on the OS number but the changes they've included. When T-Mobile updated the phone so that it functioned with roaming partners... That happened just after the international version received the update to work on Verizon LTE. The same LTE that T-Mobile uses to roam as well.

I think that's why OnePlus clearly stated to ignore the OS versions. I'm wondering if the build number is 2234 and whether that would give a better indication of differences between factory OS and T-Mobile OS

I am on global model Open Beta 3 with the January 2019 Android Security update but Oxygen Update compares it to the 9.0.11 release with the December 2018 Security update which, apart from the disparity of the Security updates, is the base firmware that Open Beta 3 is based on.

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes but the point I'm making is that all the updates oxygen updater is describing are specific to 9.05... Not what the T-Mobile variant includes. Otherwise, according to oxygen updater, they've focused updates on the same thing every time...

Nightscape
In-display fingerprint
Update unlock app
Gestures 2.0

I'm sure TMobile updated more than that between 9.01 and 9.03. Soo...I agree that although they might use international version 9.05 for these changes... Oxygen updater doesn't properly capture the change log information.

The T-Mobile site clearly shows they provided the partner roaming updates and I think that clearly indicates providing the patching to correct Verizon LTE interoperability. That's from 9.0.11 isn't it?

Edit:

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-38908