OxygenOS update 9.0.12 for 6T & 9.0.4 for 6

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
OnePlus has begun the OTA, (Over The Air), rollout of their new stable firmware, 9.0.12, for OnePlus 6T and McLaren and 9.0.4 for OnePlus 6 users.

As always, there will be a limited roll out initially, followed by the global roll out in a few days.

Changelog:

System

• Updated Android Security patch to 2019.1
  • Optimizations for screen display
  • Deep integration with Google Duo
  • General bug fixes and system improvements
Camera version, now, 3.0.16 (Camera > Settings > About)

This is the 7th official, stable, update in 97 days

(N.B. OxygenOS 9.0.12 is not available for the non stock, T-Mobile carrier minority variant)

Last edited:

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: OxygenOS update 9.0.12 for 6T

OnePlus has begun the OTA, (Over The Air), rollout of their new stable firmware, 9.0.12, for OnePlus 6T and McLaren users.

As always, there will be a limited roll out initially, followed by the global roll out in a few days.

Changelog:

System

(N.B. OxygenOS 9.0.12 is not available for the non stock, T-Mobile carrier minority variant)
So this won't be available to those that have converted their T-Mobile devices?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

So this won't be available to those that have converted their T-Mobile devices?

It is available for T-Mobile (USA) models that have been converted to stock OxygenOS firmware. It is not available to T-Mobile (USA) phones that are running the non stock firmware... i.e. carrier firmware.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site

It is available for T-Mobile (USA) models that have been converted to stock OxygenOS firmware. It is not available to T-Mobile (USA) phones that are running the non stock firmware... i.e. carrier firmware.
Ah ok I misinterpreted that. Looking forward for it to roll out. Keep checking the oxygen is updater app.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
As stated in post #1, this is an initial, limited, roll out.

If you simply cannot wait until these updates are rolled out to your area, usually 4-7 days, you can use a VPN, (Virtual Private Network), to connect to, say, Germany or Canada.

[UPDATE] You can now also download from Funk Wizard's thread over on the xda developers forum.

Full firmware for the OnePlus 6T, 9.0.12, here...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78026655&postcount=2

Full firmware for the OnePlus 6, 9.0.4, here...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=76596831&postcount=2

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
With the T-Mobile conversation does is it available through OTA or does it need to be downloaded and loaded manually

This is the first stable, official, update since most people switched from T-Mobile firmware to stock, official, OnePlus Firmware and so I and others are awaiting the answer to that question.

My guess is, that if you have the paid off, SIM unlocked and unlocked bootloader conversion, you will, "probably", get it OTA.

If you did the No unlocked SIM or bootloader conversion, you will, "probably", need to download the FULL firmware, (see previous post of mine), and flash it as a Local upgrade after you have transferred it to your phone's Root folder... i.e. not in any folder but in the base of your internal storage.
(Root folder should NOT be confused with, "Rooted", which is not necessary.)

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Getting the update now. Hopefully no issues with Verizon like others were having with 9.0.10

Hopefully, those were all fixed in the 9.0.11 release.

Have you got the OnePlus global model or a converted T-Mobile (USA) carrier model? Only asking because you seem to be getting an OTA update.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
So I am on a t-mobile conversion and got a notification from the oxygen os updater that an update is available but no OTA in the phones system settings yet. I may just download it through the Oxygen Updater and do it that way.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I have the unlocked global version directly from OnePlus
Hopefully, those were all fixed in the 9.0.11 release.

Have you got the OnePlus global model or a converted T-Mobile (USA) carrier model? Only asking because you seem to be getting an OTA update.

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
7th update in 97 days... That's awesome. That's basically an update at an average of once every two weeks.

That's more than Samsung phones get in their whole life.

mimsiesboy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
OnePlus has begun the OTA, (Over The Air), rollout of their new stable firmware, 9.0.12, for OnePlus 6T and McLaren and 9.0.4 for OnePlus 6 users.

Changelog:

System

Camera version, now, 3.0.16 (Camera > Settings > About)

Not sure what you got going on there. I received the beta 12 release for my OnePlus 6 this morning. The beta 4 release was a few months ago.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190211-084929.jpg
    Screenshot_20190211-084929.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 69

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Not sure what you got going on there. I received the beta 12 release for my OnePlus 6 this morning. The beta 4 release was a few months ago.

I think you are confusing Open Beta test releases with the official stock, stable, OnePlus OxygenOS releases, which this thread is about.

Open Beta 4 for the OnePlus 6T and the Open Beta 12 were only rolled out on the 28th January 2019. See... Open Beta 12/4 for OnePlus 6/6T.

This thread is about the stock 9.0.12 firmware for the OnePlus 6T & McLaren and the 9.0.4 stock firmware for the OnePlus 6, as per post #1 .

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
So I am on a t-mobile conversion and got a notification from the oxygen os updater that an update is available but no OTA in the phones system settings yet. I may just download it through the Oxygen Updater and do it that way.

I've seen posts where people convert their TMO version to the global version so they can get the standard updates, but a few have cautioned that this might break future updates. did you ever receive the OTA update or did you have to update manually?

droidman401

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I've seen posts where people convert their TMO version to the global version so they can get the standard updates, but a few have cautioned that this might break future updates. did you ever receive the OTA update or did you have to update manually?

That's why I'm hesitant about converting my TMO brand to the Global version