Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

03-18-2019 11:22 AM
53 123
tools
    Looks like Monday at this point. Also ordered a 3XL, just to compare. I would love the battery life of the 6T but also like being able to take decent pictures at night.
    That's not too long from now! And that's super cool beans that you also ordered a 3XL! Best of both worlds!
    02-21-2019 06:54 AM
    So...

Being inside the return window with my Pixel 3, i decided to order a 6t...and will be returning the Pixel.

I figure there's no better way to decide than to test it out first hand.

Since the 6t has a 15-day return window, I can at least try it out for 2 weeks and see which one I like better, and can always reorder a Pixel, but with 128gb this time, if it gets to that.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-21-2019 11:42 AM
    So...

Being inside the return window with my Pixel 3, i decided to order a 6t...and will be returning the Pixel.

Since the 6t has a 15-day return window, I can at least try it out for 2 weeks and see which one I like better, and can always reorder a Pixel, but with 128gb this time, if it gets to that.
    I really don't think you'll be disappointed if the camera was the only thing holding you to the Pixel 3.
    mattkerwin24 likes this.
    02-21-2019 10:41 PM
    So...

Yup, testing things out firsthand to get your own impressions of the device is the best way to go! Let us know how you like the 6T! I too don't think you will be disappointed.
    02-22-2019 05:51 AM
    So my approx 12 hours of use thoughts...

Definitely feels more responsive than the Pixel 3 XL, I haven't experienced any sort of lag so far. I like the extra settings that Oxygen OS provides, they actually useful unlike some of the stuff Samsung thinks you need on your phone.

It's much nicer to hold than the P3XL. The shape of the phone just feels more comfortable and it's slightly lighter in weight.

I took a few comparison pictures outside last night around 10pm and liked the 6T pictures more than the P3XL, which I did not expect.

Things I might miss from the P3/XL: Call screening, I've been getting an asinine amount of spam calls lately and it looks like that is not available on the 6T. Same for the visual voice mail. Being on Google Fi that is one thing that I lose. I don't get a ton of non-spam calls anyway but VVM is nice to have. Disregard, I just left myself a voice mail and the 6T does have it's own version of VVM that works.

Questions:

1. Can you disable the "App is using location" notification? It's part of Google Play Services and you can turn off all notifications for that, but I'd rather not go that route. It does wake the screen every time something calls up my location. Found a solution on reddit.

2. Do you keep the factory installed screen protector on or remove it? I generally do not use screen protectors and am on the fence about this one. It adds a little tackyness (as in sticky, not ugly) to swiping but I think helps with typing. It also seems to get some static cling. As a pet owner that means I'm constantly wiping fur off the screen, something I haven't really experienced on other phones.

TL;DR: I really like it, need to give it a few more days of use to decide whether to keep the 6T or the P3XL.
    02-26-2019 06:28 AM
    Also, I love the three position notification slider. This is something I wish more OEMs would get behind, besides Apple.

Still getting used to the fingerprint reader being on the front. After three generations of Pixels I find myself putting my finger on the camera lenses each time I go to unlock the 6T.
    02-26-2019 06:54 AM
    Also, I love the three position notification slider. This is something I wish more OEMs would get behind, besides Apple.

Still getting used to the fingerprint reader being on the front. After three generations of Pixels I find myself putting my finger on the camera lenses each time I go to unlock the 6T.
    I had the opposite reaction with the pictures...it doesnt hold a candle to the P3 in my opinion...i have a little guy who is always in motion, and the pixel is able to provide much less blur, and thats not even mentioning the low light comparison...the 6t is a no go for me unfortunately.
    02-26-2019 07:56 AM
    On the screen protector, I personally love it and love that it comes on the phone perfectly installed. It doesn't feel anywhere near as tacky and squishy as the ones you get on Amazon to me but I think it's thinner as well. Also after awhile it won't feel that tacky anymore.
    02-26-2019 08:22 PM
    I had the opposite reaction with the pictures...it doesnt hold a candle to the P3 in my opinion...i have a little guy who is always in motion, and the pixel is able to provide much less blur, and thats not even mentioning the low light comparison...the 6t is a no go for me unfortunately.
    I reneged on my words, decided I didn't give the one plus a fair shake, and I think I'm in love lol
    02-28-2019 10:15 AM
    I decided to go with the Pixel 3XL after a couple days of use. I still haven't gotten my RMA number from Oneplus but I'm tempted to cancel that and return the P3XL.

The P3XL makes more sense being on Google Fi, but I generally force it to T-Mobile anyway because Sprint is terrible in this area, so having T-Mo only on the 6T wouldn't be the end of the world.
    mattkerwin24 likes this.
    02-28-2019 10:19 AM
    I think OnePlus is deliberately slow with the RMAs
    I decided to go with the Pixel 3XL after a couple days of use. I still haven't gotten my RMA number from Oneplus but I'm tempted to cancel that and return the P3XL.

The P3XL makes more sense being on Google Fi, but I generally force it to T-Mobile anyway because Sprint is terrible in this area, so having T-Mo only on the 6T wouldn't be the end of the world.
    02-28-2019 10:52 AM
    I think OnePlus is deliberately slow with the RMAs
    I had to initiate a chat to get it approved. Their return instructions are rather lengthy. I like that it says not to use packing peanuts but they used them when they shipped the device to me.
    mattkerwin24 likes this.
    02-28-2019 10:53 AM
    I had to initiate a chat to get it approved. Their return instructions are rather lengthy. I like that it says not to use packing peanuts but they used them when they shipped the device to me.
    Right lol...what did you end up deciding on?
    03-01-2019 05:25 AM
    Pixel 3 XL. Since Google currently has them starting at $699 it's not as painful of a purchase. Decided at this point I'll wait to see what the OP 7 specs look like in a few months.
    Right lol...what did you end up deciding on?
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-01-2019 06:16 AM
    Pixel 3 XL. Since Google currently has them starting at $699 it's not as painful of a purchase. Decided at this point I'll wait to see what the OP 7 specs look like in a few months.
    Keep us posted!
    03-04-2019 01:18 PM
    That rumored pop up camera slider does not give me hope for the OP7.
    jchapman01 likes this.
    03-06-2019 07:54 AM
    yep. I really liked the design of the Oppo Find X and was really hoping that design would make it over to the OP7. Still crossing my fingers.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-06-2019 11:51 AM
    Yeah, I can see that breaking on the first drop onto carpet.
    03-08-2019 08:30 AM
    Yeah, I can see that breaking on the first drop onto carpet.
    Yeah, and given how finicky the FP sensor is on the 6T and how much I have to rely on face unlock I now have to eject that thing every time?

No thanks
    03-08-2019 08:36 AM
    Yeah, and given how finicky the FP sensor is on the 6T and how much I have to rely on face unlock I now have to eject that thing every time?

No thanks
    That's part of the reason I like the Oppo Find X. Imagine just sliding up the camera and *unlock*. Especially if it's still as fast as on the OP6T. I still kinda miss that satisfying click of the classic slider.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-08-2019 09:32 AM
    That's part of the reason I like the Oppo Find X. Imagine just sliding up the camera and *unlock*. Especially if it's still as fast as on the OP6T. I still kinda miss that satisfying click of the classic slider.
    Are you talking about an alert slider, like on OnePlus models? I've always wanted to have one on my phone!
    jchapman01 likes this.
    03-08-2019 01:23 PM
    Are you talking about an alert slider, like on OnePlus models? I've always wanted to have one on my phone!
    Actually, the Oppo Find X had the entire camera module built into a slider that pops up manually (vs mechanically). It's a beautiful phone. Here's a pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Leaving Pixel 3, considering OP 6T-57591.jpg  
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-08-2019 01:33 PM
    Yeah I kind of miss the clack of the old flip phones myself. Done with the call just flick it shut. However with these phones, as neat as the oppo looks I don't want that either. Just think it will break or get something in it and screw it up.

I'm fine with the teardrop notch on the 6T, it's perfect for the status bar icons and that's all I need. Though if I'm being honest I'd like some too and bottom bezels with speakers to give me something to hold onto.
    jchapman01 likes this.
    03-08-2019 09:26 PM
    Actually, the Oppo Find X had the entire camera module built into a slider that pops up manually (vs mechanically). It's a beautiful phone. Here's a pic.
    WOW that's genius! Thank you so much for the pictures! What a gorgeous phone!
    jchapman01 likes this.
    03-09-2019 10:36 AM
    WOW that's genius! Thank you so much for the pictures! What a gorgeous phone!
    You're welcome! Agreed--I think it's beautiful.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-11-2019 02:32 PM
53 123