Leaving Pixel 3, considering OP 6T

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Anybody else ditch a Pixel 3 and switch to the 6T? Are you happy with your choice? I have had three replacements of the P3 and am being offered a refund instead of another P3 that will likely have the same screen issue.

Particularly interested in your thoughts in the camera differences, especially in dark/night settings.

ben.kanevsky

Feb 7, 2019
Visit site
I ditched the op 6t for a pixel 3 then pixel 3xl and I'm definitely happier. The camera, haptic feedback, higher quality screen and smarter software make up for the smaller notch and snappier performance and then some.

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I ditched the op 6t for a pixel 3 then pixel 3xl and I'm definitely happier. The camera, haptic feedback, higher quality screen and smarter software make up for the smaller notch and snappier performance and then some.

Well that's a bummer for trying to get away from the Pixels. I might give the XL a try after all. Thanks for your comments!

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Anybody else ditch a Pixel 3 and switch to the 6T? Are you happy with your choice? I have had three replacements of the P3 and am being offered a refund instead of another P3 that will likely have the same screen issue.

Particularly interested in your thoughts in the camera differences, especially in dark/night settings.
I have 6T, 2xl and 3xl.

2 things makes 3xl my daily driver over 6T:

1. Always On Display. Just can't live without it. Such a let down 6T doesn't have one
2. Camera. 6t camera is not bad at all, but it is not a pixel camera. Quality pictures is number one priority for me.

Other than the above, 6T is better in every other area. Love love Oxygen OS, how fluid it is and the nice add-on features it brings. If the above 2 items are not your top priority, 6T is the better phone.

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I have 6T, 2xl and 3xl.

2 things makes 3xl my daily driver over 6T:

1. Always On Display. Just can't live without it. Such a let down 6T doesn't have one
2. Camera. 6t camera is not bad at all, but it is not a pixel camera. Quality pictures is number one priority for me.

Other than the above, 6T is better in every other area. Love love Oxygen OS, how fluid it is and the nice add-on features it brings. If the above 2 items are not your top priority, 6T is the better phone.

I don't have much use for AOD but the camera is pretty important to me. Thanks for your comments!

ben.kanevsky

Feb 7, 2019
Visit site
Just the the 3 Xl and add Nova launcher to it. It will give you swipe down notifications and double tap to sleep as well as some other little tweaks that make it a perfect phone. The higher display resolution and much improved battery life over the 3 are both really nice.

ben.kanevsky

Feb 7, 2019
Visit site
Nothing was wrong. I prefer a larger screen and higher resolution on the 3 Xl. If there is any phone that would be the perfect phone to turn into a Google pixel it would be a note9/s9 plus.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I had a pixel 2, went through three of them. All three had hardware issues. I am overall happier with the experience on the 6T as a daily driver. In my opinion the camera is solid and more than capable. No I can't take crazy night shots but most of the time I don't need to anyway and I can still get decent ones. I use mine for video recording of my kids a lot and the audio quality on the Pixel was an issue that I don't have with the 6T.

I get all day battery and then some with the 6T, no need to top up most of the time and I had to every day with the Pixel 2. This is the first Android phone I can remember since the early days that I haven't put a third party launcher on it. The stock launcher does everything I needed Nova to do. I think oxygen OS goes a step farther with it's customizations that enhance the user experience while not getting in the way and bogging it down like Samsung does. It also gives you choices on how you want your UI to look and how you interact with it. Google doesn't do that with the Pixel.

I personally think the haptics are fine on the 6T, I have no issue with them but I had issues with them on the Pixel 2. As for the screen, I've long been a proponent of 1080p screens on phones. There's no need for anything higher resolution on a screen this size in my opinion. I think the screen is fantastic and I'll take the battery life and performance boost of not pushing the extra pixels over a denser display that is arguably better.

My $0.02, the 6T is the better overall package and you gain far more than you lose coming from a pixel. Just my opinion.

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Just convinced me to order the 6T. I appreciate the in-depth comments!
I had a pixel 2, went through three of them. All three had hardware issues. I am overall happier with the experience on the 6T as a daily driver. In my opinion the camera is solid and more than capable. No I can't take crazy night shots but most of the time I don't need to anyway and I can still get decent ones. I use mine for video recording of my kids a lot and the audio quality on the Pixel was an issue that I don't have with the 6T.

I get all day battery and then some with the 6T, no need to top up most of the time and I had to every day with the Pixel 2. This is the first Android phone I can remember since the early days that I haven't put a third party launcher on it. The stock launcher does everything I needed Nova to do. I think oxygen OS goes a step farther with it's customizations that enhance the user experience while not getting in the way and bogging it down like Samsung does. It also gives you choices on how you want your UI to look and how you interact with it. Google doesn't do that with the Pixel.

I personally think the haptics are fine on the 6T, I have no issue with them but I had issues with them on the Pixel 2. As for the screen, I've long been a proponent of 1080p screens on phones. There's no need for anything higher resolution on a screen this size in my opinion. I think the screen is fantastic and I'll take the battery life and performance boost of not pushing the extra pixels over a denser display that is arguably better.

My $0.02, the 6T is the better overall package and you gain far more than you lose coming from a pixel. Just my opinion.

mattkerwin24

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm interested on your thoughts once you make the switch...I currently have a P3 and the only thing I like about it is obviously the camera.

I'm within my return window and am having a hard time justifying the extra $350 for half the storage.

Let me know your early impressions please!

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
You are welcome! Glad I could help. I have not been disappointed. Only thing I forgot to mention is the fingerprint sensor. It is a bit finicky at times. However the face unlock is fantastic and I use that more than the fingerprint now. It's so fast I sometimes forget I have a pin on my phone.

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm interested on your thoughts once you make the switch...I currently have a P3 and the only thing I like about it is obviously the camera.

I'm within my return window and am having a hard time justifying the extra $350 for half the storage.

Let me know your early impressions please!

Will do! It doesn't arrive until Monday at this point. At least it looks like you can easily transfer data and apps, similar to how the Pixels work when you set up your endless replacement devices.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Will do! It doesn't arrive until Monday at this point. At least it looks like you can easily transfer data and apps, similar to how the Pixels work when you set up your endless replacement devices.

Are you getting the OnePlus 6T global model or the T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae