Leaving Pixel 3, considering OP 6T

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Pixel 3 XL. Since Google currently has them starting at $699 it's not as painful of a purchase. Decided at this point I'll wait to see what the OP 7 specs look like in a few months.
That rumored pop up camera slider does not give me hope for the OP7.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, and given how finicky the FP sensor is on the 6T and how much I have to rely on face unlock I now have to eject that thing every time?

No thanks

That's part of the reason I like the Oppo Find X. Imagine just sliding up the camera and *unlock*. Especially if it's still as fast as on the OP6T. I still kinda miss that satisfying click of the classic slider.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That's part of the reason I like the Oppo Find X. Imagine just sliding up the camera and *unlock*. Especially if it's still as fast as on the OP6T. I still kinda miss that satisfying click of the classic slider.

Are you talking about an alert slider, like on OnePlus models? I've always wanted to have one on my phone!

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Are you talking about an alert slider, like on OnePlus models? I've always wanted to have one on my phone!

Actually, the Oppo Find X had the entire camera module built into a slider that pops up manually (vs mechanically). It's a beautiful phone. Here's a pic.

Attachments

• 57591.jpg
    57591.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 19

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I kind of miss the clack of the old flip phones myself. Done with the call just flick it shut. However with these phones, as neat as the oppo looks I don't want that either. Just think it will break or get something in it and screw it up.

I'm fine with the teardrop notch on the 6T, it's perfect for the status bar icons and that's all I need. Though if I'm being honest I'd like some too and bottom bezels with speakers to give me something to hold onto.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I kind of miss the clack of the old flip phones myself. Done with the call just flick it shut. However with these phones, as neat as the oppo looks I don't want that either. Just think it will break or get something in it and screw it up.

I'm fine with the teardrop notch on the 6T, it's perfect for the status bar icons and that's all I need. Though if I'm being honest I'd like some too and bottom bezels with speakers to give me something to hold onto.

Yeah, the teardrop is the best implementation of the notch, as it stands, but if they're going one-way or the other, I'd prefer the manual slider for the camera vs the mechanical popup given the face-unlock. I feel the automatic habitual action of sliding up the camera as you're bringing it to your face would be super fast.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the teardrop is the best implementation of the notch, as it stands, but if they're going one-way or the other, I'd prefer the manual slider for the camera vs the mechanical popup given the face-unlock. I feel the automatic habitual action of sliding up the camera as you're bringing it to your face would be super fast.
True, if you got in the habit of doing it and it was easy to activate it could be very fast and fun. You might have talked me into the slide Anton of it comes.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
True, if you got in the habit of doing it and it was easy to activate it could be very fast and fun. You might have talked me into the slide Anton of it comes.

Nice! I used to have a white Samsung D807 slider phone before the smartphone days and would mindlessly slide-up and and slide-down all day long. Very satisfying. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke