T-Mobile (USA) update 9.0.4

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
A new update, 9.0.4, for the T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant of the OnePlus 6T has begun rolling out.

New version: ONEPLUS
A6013_34_190217

Changelog:

January 2019 Android Security Update!

Same old camera version as updates 9.0.1, 9.0.2 and 9.0.3, camera version 2.9.43

(Download link for the global model's camera version, 3.0.32)

This is the 5th T-Mobile (USA) update in 132 days.

(N.B. This update is only for the T-Mobile (USA) minority carrier variant and NOT the global OnePlus 6T model)

See, also... T-Mobile 6T to Global model Conversion (WITHOUT unlocked bootloader/SIM unlock!)

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
SHqlUfsl.jpg

Tony tata

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: [NEW] T-Mobile (USA) update 9.0.4

This update has been awesome! The new video caller works fantastic. Very good video quality.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site

First time I've been jealous of the T-Mobile update.. we don't have RCS on international

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

Just to throw more wtf out there. 9.0.12 provided updates for the unlocked to work better with Verizon towers, correct? Well the last update from T-Mobile also provided some fixes for "roaming partners". Well, there's only one tower nearby my family's property. It's Verizon. I recently warned a friend I was meeting there that I didn't have service. Surprise, now I do. I know it's anecdotal... But that's a 9.0.12 fix appearing in the T-Mobile 9.0.4 version.

As I speculated before, I don't believe the versioning used with TMobile variants follows the unlocked. Matter of fact, the 6 is on 9.04, the same as the T-Mobile variant.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site

OMG is just thinking this. I'm mean wtf why is a variant getting a better update than the unlocked version

RCS is carrier controlled, so it doesn't surprise me. I'm just curious if the international version will get it at all.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I was looking at doing the international conversion this weekend and then I saw we have an update rolling out and it's the same security version as the unlocked model and we get RCS. I'm just not seeing a lot of reasoning to go to the international version if you aren't rooting and running a custom ROM at this point. I need it to be stable and just work so I'm sticking to the official T-Mobile version for now.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I was looking at doing the international conversion this weekend and then I saw we have an update rolling out and it's the same security version as the unlocked model and we get RCS. I'm just not seeing a lot of reasoning to go to the international version if you aren't rooting and running a custom ROM at this point. I need it to be stable and just work so I'm sticking to the official T-Mobile version for now.

Agreed. I was about to pull the trigger on the International conversion, but got distracted over the weekend and didn't get to it. Now I'm glad I didn't. Now that I found the APN to manually update the camera to match the international version, I'm good.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I totally understand that. Although I have found international to be completely stable, slightly smoother, and with a few added features like the fingerprint quick launch, smart boost, and the shortcut to launch Assistant (might be available on T-Mobile by now), but if you're not going to root, there probably isn't any real compelling reason to switch other than significantly more frequent updates. I'm on the beta6 software that just came out today with March security, and that comes only a couple of weeks after beta5. Both of which have been completely stable and bug free for me.

Tony tata

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
So I have a question for a friend of mine, after the update my phone has been running completely fine. But after he did his upgrade our phones were completely identical. Software, security patch, everything. But his rcs messaging is working,meaning read texts shows when typing ect. And his native video calling isn't working. Would factory resetting his phone help correct that? Does anybody here ever have to do a factory reset after an update? Just curious. Thanks for the help. Hope I explained it well enough

Kendahl Titcomb

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
So I have a question for a friend of mine, after the update my phone has been running completely fine. But after he did his upgrade our phones were completely identical. Software, security patch, everything. But his rcs messaging is working,meaning read texts shows when typing ect. And his native video calling isn't working. Would factory resetting his phone help correct that? Does anybody here ever have to do a factory reset after an update? Just curious. Thanks for the help. Hope I explained it well enough

This is not uncommon, sometimes a soft reset with clearing the system cache and go along ways too without having to reset everything. I would recommend that over a full hard reset.

Tony tata

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
This is not uncommon, sometimes a soft reset with clearing the system cache and go along ways too without having to reset everything. I would recommend that over a full hard reset.

I haven't been able to figure out how to do the soft reset yet with a cache clearing. I held volume down and power button and it went to some strange screen I've never seen so I got out of it real quick lol

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I haven't been able to figure out how to do the soft reset yet with a cache clearing. I held volume down and power button and it went to some strange screen I've never seen so I got out of it real quick lol

I think he means just turn it off and then back on.

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Firstly, turn off the mobile by pressing the Power key for a short while.
Then hold down Volume Down + Power button together for a few moments.
When OnePlus logo pops up let go of all buttons.
Now enter PIN to open Recovery Mode.
Success! Your OnePlus 6T will be in expected mode.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
A new update, 9.0.4, for the T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant of the OnePlus 6T has begun rolling out.

New version: ONEPLUS
A6013_34_190217

Changelog:

January 2019 Android Security Update!

Same old camera version as updates 9.0.1, 9.0.2 and 9.0.3, camera version 2.9.43

(Download link for the global model's camera version, 3.0.32)

This is the 5th T-Mobile (USA) update in 132 days.

(N.B. This update is only for the T-Mobile (USA) minority carrier variant and NOT the global OnePlus 6T model)

See, also... T-Mobile 6T to Global model Conversion (WITHOUT unlocked bootloader/SIM unlock!)
When I tap the link to the camera APK I can't download it from the site. I tap the download icon for the latest version and it just refreshes the page. Anybody else get that?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1