Open Beta 15 & 7 for Oneplus 6 & 6T

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
OnePlus have just started the Open Beta 15 & 7 OTA roll out for the OnePlus 6 & 6T to test new features and fixes that may or may not, come to future firmware updates. You will only receive this test firmware OTA if you are already on their Open Beta releases.

2hbJsJSh.jpg

Camera version 3.0.32

Android Security patch = March 2019

This is the 7th Open Beta release for the 6T in 84 days

(N.B. Open Beta is not available for the T-Mobile carrier minority variant)

More info to follow

Last edited:

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: [*NEW*] Open Beta 15 & 7 for Oneplus 6 & 6T

Off topic but do you have any idea what this is?

Attachments

• 84562.jpg
    84562.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 24

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

The new screenshot edit UI is much better IMHO. Much more intuitive and convenient.

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site

Is there any reason not to run these betas? I'm on the unlocked 8GB/256gb 6t using the regular software. Are they just as stable as the regular builds?

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site

So far so good, although I don't really notice what's different about the screenshot or photo editing ui

Kendahl Titcomb

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site

Is there any reason not to run these betas? I'm on the unlocked 8GB/256gb 6t using the regular software. Are they just as stable as the regular builds?

I've not encountered any problems at all in the past several updates. These "beta" updates are probably the most stable builds I've ever felt with when it comes to beta testing. What little issues I have had are not major difficulties or even draws away from anything, they've been things that are easily fixed with a cache dump and or a soft reset.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

As the guy who jumped off the Empire State building was heard to say, as he passed the 21st floor... "So far, so good".

So far the Open Betas for the OnePlus 6 & 6T have been pretty good and stable. However, as the OnePlus 5 & 5T Open Beta testers found out recently... this is not always the case.

OnePlus Suspends Latest OxygenOS Open Beta Over Bricking Issues with Some OnePlus 5/5T Units

This is my stock warning to would-be Open Beta testers in the OnePlus forum...

"WARNING! Open Beta releases are for competent and experienced users since they may not always be stable and are for the purposes of testing and reporting to OnePlus to help them develop future stock firmware and features. By installing this Open Beta, you accept the potential risks. Once on the Open Beta pathway you will no longer receive the regular OnePlus, Official Stable OTA's and you will need to completely wipe your phone before attempting to return to Official Stable OnePlus stock firmware."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670