Android Q is HERE!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Android Q Beta (Developer Preview) for OnePlus 6/6T

"As the name suggests, this build of Android Q is best suited for developers and early adopters. As it is still in an early stage of development. That said, we do not recommend flashing this ROM if you have little to no experience in software development or flashing custom ROMs. Proceed at your own RISK!

Known Issues

1. Camera, portrait mode does not work
  2. Ambient Display is not working
  3. System stability issues
  4. Encryption will change in the next preview build
  5. Some apps may not function as expected when running on this Developer preview release

Caution: You should understand the risk of BRICKING your phone, read the instructions carefully and be 100% sure of what you are doing, and please always backup your important data before flashing.

Please note: This instruction is only for OnePlus 6/6T, and please make sure the battery level is above 30% and minimum 3GB of available storage space.
"

(N.B. Android Developer Preview Q Beta is not available for the T-Mobile carrier minority variant)

ironass motto... "Flash in haste... repent at leisure!" ;)

More info to follow

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: OnePlus 6 & 6T Android Q is HERE!

Have done a nandroid and Titanium backups of my Open Beta 9 but as this Android Q Beta (Developer Preview) update changes encryption and may not be fully compatible with TWRP custom recovery or Magisk and its modules not to mention some apps and features, I think I will hang fire on this just now and let the cannon fodder go first!

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

ironass TOP TIP: This Android Q Beta (Developers Preview) is good for a very, very, rough look-see but I would not want to use it as a daily driver just yet. Other issues in addition to those in post #1, above..

Bugs:
  • Buggy
  • slow (some have reported fast but stuttery)
  • crashes
  • missing features
  • home button not really responding
  • Wifi not stable
  • Sim signal not reliable
  • no new gestures only three button navigation
  • Barebone android with not much OOS
  • Icons in the status bar is zoomed and looks big even after changing settings
  • Dark theme is there but there is sometimes mix Color.
  • Some have reported Quick charge is not working

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I've been reading through various other forums, I'm staying far far away from this build. My 6t is my daily driver, and it's working waaaay too well to mess with, even though the tech nerd inside of me really wanted to try it. lol

Andrew_404

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site

I have Android Q or Windows 10 loaded. It's not too shabby but quick charge isn't worth a darn. Takes over 4 hours to charge from 20% ish to 100%

Battery drain horrible too. 7 hours max with limited usage. Phone gets very warm too.

But I know the risk so I'm trying it out for now.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

I have Android Q or Windows 10 loaded. It's not too shabby but quick charge isn't worth a darn. Takes over 4 hours to charge from 20% ish to 100%

Battery drain horrible too. 7 hours max with limited usage. Phone gets very warm too.

But I know the risk so I'm trying it out for now.

It's only an early Beta stage 3 from Google, so don't expect too much until Beta stage 5, probably in July.