Hey all,

My daily driver is/was a Google Pixel 3XL, but lately, the fact that it only has 4GB of RAM is really bothering me.

I had a spare Tmobile Oneplus 6T (8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) laying around that is carrier unlocked, so I went ahead and added it to my Verizon Line. I also called and had them add the CDMA-less feature.

Everything seems to be working flawlessly and I'm really loving this phone!

I just have one question - now that the phone knows it's on Verizon, will the Tmobile Splashscreen and Tmobile apps always stay on the phone, or will those eventually drop off on their own?

It's just odd having a fully compatible phone on Verizon still boot up as Tmobile, lol.

Thanks!!
    jchapman01 likes this.
    05-09-2019 12:09 PM
    Hey all,

My daily driver is/was a Google Pixel 3XL, but lately, the fact that it only has 4GB of RAM is really bothering me.

I had a spare Tmobile Oneplus 6T (8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) laying around that is carrier unlocked, so I went ahead and added it to my Verizon Line. I also called and had them add the CDMA-less feature.

Everything seems to be working flawlessly and I'm really loving this phone!

I just have one question - now that the phone knows it's on Verizon, will the Tmobile Splashscreen and Tmobile apps always stay on the phone, or will those eventually drop off on their own?

It's just odd having a fully compatible phone on Verizon still boot up as Tmobile, lol.

Thanks!!
    Those won't change... You would have to flash the Verizon software for that to change
    05-09-2019 12:17 PM
    The T-Mobile boot and apps will stay on, regardless of the network the phone is connected to. However, the T-Mobile variant can be converted to the International Variant which will get rid of the boot screen. Not sure about the apps, though I assume those would get deleted also. There's a link in the forum that tells how it's done. Seems pretty easy and will allow you to get faster updates.
    05-09-2019 12:20 PM
    I agree , I would flash it to the global version
    05-09-2019 12:47 PM
    I agree , I would flash it to the global version
    I think I may. Will it flag anything on the Verizon system, and will any is or security updates work properly OTA, or will this lock me in an ecosystem that I have to update manually?

I just with swipe for Google feed would stay!
    05-09-2019 12:53 PM
    I think I may. Will it flag anything on the Verizon system, and will any is or security updates work properly OTA, or will this lock me in an ecosystem that I have to update manually?

I just with swipe for Google feed would stay!
    I haven't flashed myself as I have global unlocked , but you will lose the Google feed once you flash . I would check the forums where people have done it and see if any negatives doing it.
    05-09-2019 01:00 PM