A new update, 9.0.11, for the T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant of the OnePlus 6T has begun rolling out.

New version: ONEPLUS
    A6013_34_190510

Changelog:
    • Enhanced Messaging Experience
    • Android April Security Update

Camera version is still the same old 2.9.43

(You can update to the most recent global camera version 3.0.37)

This is the 6th T-Mobile (USA) update in 201 days

(N.B. This update is only for the T-Mobile (USA) minority carrier variant and NOT the global OnePlus 6T model)

See, also... T-Mobile 6T to Global model Conversion (WITHOUT unlocked bootloader/SIM unlock!)
    I800C0LLECT likes this.
    05-16-2019 05:27 PM
    Thanks for the update
    ironass likes this.
    05-16-2019 05:35 PM
    I think that TMO just upped their release number to 9.0.11 as a PR exercise since the changelog of...

"Enhanced Messaging Experience and Android April Security Update"

.. hardly warrants a massive jump of 7 updates.
    05-16-2019 07:39 PM
    I did mention in previous updates that they were incorporating changes from other versions too.
    05-16-2019 08:57 PM
    I did mention in previous updates that they were incorporating changes from other versions too.
    If so, they do not mention it in their own changelogs. I would have thought that a simple camera update after 6 months would have been at the forefront at least.
    05-16-2019 09:15 PM
    Yeah I can't figure out what's enhanced about the messaging now. Doesn't look any different than before
    ironass likes this.
    05-17-2019 12:19 AM
    If so, they do not mention it in their own changelogs. I would have thought that a simple camera update after 6 months would have been at the forefront at least.
    They're certainly doing things differently. I think it's a tell that their motivation is probably more along the lines "if it's not broken... Don't update". Broken being synonymous with customer complaints. Very sad.

But that update for the Verizon network really helped me out. I'm in rural VA a lot and was disappointed that my signal was worse moving from Pixel XL.

Then the T-Mobile 9.0.5 update came with what was described to be the same Verizon partner update in 9.0.11... then my signal was fantastic while visiting family.

This is the ultimate issue with branded phones. I really like how Google handles updates with the pixel phones.

If anybody cares, once paid off, TMobile unlocks the eSIM on their pixel phones. Then you have a dual SIM phone. I wish they would have done that with the 6t
    ironass likes this.
    05-17-2019 08:30 AM
    I wonder what enhanced messaging means? Maybe at least T-Mobile to T-Mobile RCS finally?
    05-17-2019 12:16 PM
    I wonder what enhanced messaging means? Maybe at least T-Mobile to T-Mobile RCS finally?
    I'm so glad you asked that question Ryano89. So far, no one has been able to tell me what the changelog, "Enhanced Messaging Experience", actually means.

Does it mean the TMO's proprietary, faux, RCS messaging actually works with the global Google Universal profile at last or are they still stuck with messaging other TMO users?
    05-17-2019 12:41 PM
    So I figured out what enhanced messages meant. Google messages app finally got rcs texting. Was able to activate chat features and everything. Then very quietly a couple hours later they removed it again. It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen. Why would I be able to access chat features 1 minute than a few hours later not even have that in my settings. Also my wife and I have the exact same phones and our messages have different versions yet have the same version number. I'll show what I mean in pics.
    Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile (USA) update 9.0.11-113648.jpg  
    05-18-2019 12:56 PM
    Here on hers not on mine
    Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile (USA) update 9.0.11-113646.jpg  
    05-18-2019 12:57 PM
    So I figured out what enhanced messages meant. Google messages app finally got rcs texting. Was able to activate chat features and everything. Then very quietly a couple hours later they removed it again. It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen. Why would I be able to access chat features 1 minute than a few hours later not even have that in my settings. Also my wife and I have the exact same phones and our messages have different versions yet have the same version number. I'll show what I mean in pics.
    Bizarre
    05-19-2019 12:27 PM