No more demand for OP6T?

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I know everyone is all about the latest and greatest (hand in the air), but I figured people would also be interested in picking up used OP6T's on discount as people prepare to upgrade to the 7 and 7 pro. I've had my 128/8gb midnight black unlocked model on swappa for almost a week with no nibbles lol. It's barely used and in 100% mint condition with original box and accessories and I even threw in the official 3d glass screen protector from OP and a OP case. Asked for $485 which I thought was a good deal for all that. Just strange that there hasn't been one inquiry. Am I missing something? Lol

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
$485 is too much IMHO. Gotta figure a load of these were bought from Tmo during their BOGO offer. Good luck.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Which variant, Europe, North America? It's a nice phone, but the TMO can be unlocked, and it's the same phone (and it can be reflashed with the stock ROM). The TMO is going for about $385 - and dropping.

Accessories don't add much for most buyers. For instance, if you're including a case, and Otterbox had a Defender for it, your case would go into a drawer. Earphones? A drawerfull of them.

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Which variant, Europe, North America? It's a nice phone, but the TMO can be unlocked, and it's the same phone (and it can be reflashed with the stock ROM). The TMO is going for about $385 - and dropping.

Accessories don't add much for most buyers. For instance, if you're including a case, and Otterbox had a Defender for it, your case would go into a drawer. Earphones? A drawerfull of them.

I'll be willing to negotiate with a potential buyer when it comes to that for sure

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Was including like $50 worth of accessories too, figured that would make more sense. We'll see
Accessories mean little to most people unless they are some high end items. Just makes your phone more attractive to have them. $50 in accessories maybe $10 added value to me if I was buying.

Mint already on Swappa for $410-445 and some accessories, and Good at $385. So I don't see you getting any nibbles at $485.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
If OnePlus would calm down with the phone releases and make upgrades annually instead of biannually, maybe they would hold their value better?

Things are going too fast with these guys

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm starting to feel like I'm gonna have to give this thing away lol. This was my first OP device. Definitely makes me think twice about future phones with them if their value tanks this much this fast, not gonna lie!

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
I'm starting to feel like I'm gonna have to give this thing away lol. This was my first OP device. Definitely makes me think twice about future phones with them if their value tanks this much this fast, not gonna lie!
I feel like value for all phones decreases fast within the first year, and then level off a bit after.

Samsung phones arent immune, and neither is any brand.

The OP 7 Pro has barely started to hit retailer shelves, it doesn't make the 6T any less capable.
Its the monstrous, aggressive "you need the latest now now now" marketing and mindset which is making us crazy lol.

Your 6T will still be a beast in 4 years

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Did you pay full price for it? Or did you buy at discount with the TMO BOGO?