Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys

Lets get the specs out the way first:
OP6 A6003
A6003_22_190403
Android 9
Oxygen 9.0.5

Ok so when I connect to my older PC which is USB 2.0, the phone will allow me to change the USB mode to File Transfer no problems, I can see the phone and browse the files. A slightly new PC I have is USB 3.0 and this works as well.

But when I try to connect to a newer laptop or my car (Hyundai) with Android Auto which I believe are both USB 3.1, the phone will not come out of 'No Data Transfer'.
I have bought a new USB cable to the latest standards USB Type A to Type C 3.1 GEN2 but this has not helped.
I have temporarily put the phone into developer mode and forced all new connections to File Transfer, this has not helped.

What do I need to do to get this phone to work on all USB devices?

Many Thanks

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: OP6 some USB connections stuck on 'No Data Transfer'

The car doesn't appear as a data sink (which it has to be for the phone to become a data source), it's an mp3 player sink. It's not the same as the Bluetooth connection, that accepts audio; the USB connection accepts mp3 players (which are kinda-sorta thumb drives)..

(Think "destination" for "sink" if that sounds better to you - sink is the technical term for it.)

pow1983

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

I still can't understand why the car doesnt recognise the phone, and nor does my Dell Laptop.
I can't change it to any of the other options either.

Any ideas on getting these to talk would be grand.

pow1983

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

I finally got AA working. Uninstalling/reinstalling the App several times, clearing the app Cache, clearing the system Cache via the bios equivalent I somehow got the phone and car to talk. Exactly what I did to make it work unfortunately I just have no idea through painful hours of trial & error

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance